Tourist Visa To Australia

Hi Samuibeachcomber

The appropriate visa for your girlfriend to visit Australia is a Subclass 676 tourist visa. The current visa application charge is AUD$100 (THB 2600). Applications can be submitted through the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Bangkok. The processing time is usually 3 to 5 business day if everything is in order and no further information is required.

The relevant application form is the 48R. The application is also available in Thai (form 48rtha), however, whatever form you complete, must be completed in English.

48r.pdf (English)

48rtha.pdf (Thai)

As others who gone through the same process (many of whom contribute regularly to this forum) will attest, it is not an overly complicated process. What is important however is attention to detail. DIAC is required to consider all of the information submitted with the visa application. Many applications fail through lack of supporting documentation submitted with the application.

Your girlfriend must be able to satisfy the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) that her intention is to visit Australia as a genuine visitor only, and further, that she has adequate funds, or access to adequate funds to support herself during her proposed period of stay in Australia.

DIAC will assess an applicant’s intention against many objective factors. I recommend that you have look at the topic I posted in relation to this some weeks ago:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2425465

The information contained in the above post should give you an idea of the nature of the supporting documentation that should be submitted with the application.

If I can be of any assistance in relation to Tourist Visas to Australia please do not hesitate to contact me by PM or through my website.

Good Luck

bridge