Court Jails Son Of Miss Thailand For Ten Years

george

I voiced the role of his parents a little more forcefully in the original thread... somehow, it seems even more fitting now...

Was watching it on the news this morning, the guy's obviously mentaly unstable. Why the ###### is someone who's known to suffer from seziures allowed to drive anyway?

It's due to the "enablers" that his parents are. Buying the Mercedes, bribing to getting him a license (if he even bothered to have one), etc. etc.

They could easily fit the description as "accessory to murder."

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats an interesting result. In my home country many drivers who drive dangerously & kill people often leave court with little or no jail time at all. Its good to see the thai court is taken this so seriously.

Having said that, typically, the offender gets 10 years, the victim gets life!

It's the same in the uk mate , the courts hand out ridiculously leniant sentances and then claim that their hands are tied. You have to feel sorry for the police sometimes when they risk their lives catching these people ...........................................

Can you point to some examples of where the police have "risked their lives" catching drivers who have killed people by driving dangerously. Or is that just a little bit of hyperbole?

Jackspratt, firstly on your other point....I don't need to do my research about Australia, I am Australian & having operated in my role in most areas of Australia I am well educated in relation to the different laws of the states. Thanks for your attempt though, I really appreciate you constant attempt to teach me about my homeland. I chose NSW as an example because it is the most populist state.....which state would you like me to quote....this blog is about thailand, so I wasnt too interested in quoting all of the Aussie figures.

As to Malcy's point above, I can think of a number of seperate occassions in a number of states where police have risked their own lives to apprehend offenders that have killed people through dangerous driving. I am sure this has happened many time around the world including Thailand. I cannot state any case where this has happened in Thailand, but I know of serveral back in Aust. You seem to have some resentment towards anyone like Malcy, who may show sympathy towards law enforcement officers throughout the world. I would put it to you the only hyperbole here is you jack.

On topic, this bloke in question very obvously has a serious problem, which has effected the lives of so many other people....He should be in jail now, where he can await his appeals & society is safe from him.

You quoted Australia as your point of reference, when quite clearly this is not correct - thank you for your confirmation of this point.

As you seem to have presumed to respond on Malcy's behalf, perhaps you would be so good as to answer the question I posed to him (notwithstanding he was obviously coming from a UK perspective). You also presume I have resentment to Malcy - without any evidence, other than what may exist between your ears. I don't - I only asked him to back up his statement, which in my view appears to defy common sense.

And please, check your dictionary for the meaning of hyperbole.

I am still trying to establish what you "role" was in Australia, but at the moment, and in the absence of any further information, you are coming across (to me at least) as a "dumb cop". I stand to be corrected.

through dangerous driving

Some people seem to miss the point. This is not a case of dangerous driving. He chose to get back into his car and use it as a weapon to injure and in fact kill. This is a clear case of murder (not manslaughter) and to try to cloak it as just "dangerous driving" is just plain wrong.

through dangerous driving

Some people seem to miss the point. This is not a case of dangerous driving. He chose to get back into his car and use it as a weapon to injure and in fact kill. This is a clear case of murder (not manslaughter) and to try to cloak it as just "dangerous driving" is just plain wrong.

When I lived in Denver, CO several years ago a man deliberately went through a red light at a busy intersection, killing two elementary schoolgirls. He was fined a couple of hundred dollars for running the light but received no punishment at all for killing the girls because in Colorado cars had the right-of-way...I don't think that has changed. So the bright side is that crimes which perhaps only the rich can get away with here aren't even considered criminal in other places.

It was refreshingly different (and even surprising) to see the judge actually verbally chastise the parents for creating the spoilt, petulant brat who has not one iota of good breeding or even a scrap of understanding of what social responsibility is.

Hear hear.

for the lynch mob: perhaps people can egg this lad on while he is driving around the erawan shrine. A bit of smart direction could have the lad smashing into the shrine again. Passers by would take care of the rest.....

for the lynch mob: perhaps people can egg this lad on while he is driving around the erawan shrine. A bit of smart direction could have the lad smashing into the shrine again. Passers by would take care of the rest.....

What, you mean he's already smashed into it at least once before? :o

no, there was the truely unfortunate story a year ago where a young guy, with real mental problems, went in and destroyed the gold statue there. For his efforts, the crowd beat him to death.

Just goes to show the priorities in Thailand. People with genuine mental health problems left to the mob for justice. Bratish children of rich parents get off scot free.

no, there was the truely unfortunate story a year ago where a young guy, with real mental problems, went in and destroyed the gold statue there. For his efforts, the crowd beat him to death.

:D Helpful Thaivisa Historical Archive Link:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Erawan-Shrin...95.html&hl=

Erawan Shrine Destroyed, Destroyer of Shrine is Destroyed by Onlookers

*pssst..... it was 3 years ago*

Just goes to show the priorities in Thailand. People with genuine mental health problems left to the mob for justice. Bratish children of rich parents get off scot free.

:D One of the saddest realities of Thailand is the absolutely abysmal state of its mental health system.

Edited by sriracha john

where a young guy, with real mental problems, went in and destroyed the gold statue there. For his efforts, the crowd beat him to death.

If I remember correctly, the first excuse given for beating him to death was that the mob mistook him for a Islamic terrorist. :o

• 5 months later...
Court jails son of Miss Thailand for ten years

BANGKOK: -- Phrakanong Court on Friday sentenced Kanpitak Pachimsawas, 21, son of former Miss Thailand, to 15 years and two months in jail on charges of premeditated-murder due to his aggressive driving which killed one and injured three others.

The penalty was reduced to 10 years and one month as the defendant had already paid some compensation to the injured.

On July 4, 2007, Kanpitak swerved his car into the footpath near a bus-stop where many people were waiting for buses after he got into an argument with the driver of bus number 513, claiming that the bus hit him and fled. One died and three others were injured.

Court ordered Kanpitak, son of Kun-anek and Savinee; former Miss Thailand, to pay compensation to Sangwan Srihawong, for Bt800,000.

Kanpitak's parents indicated he has a mental condition and he cannot control himself when he is under a lot of stress.

-- The Nation 2009-01-30

It's now been 6 months since he got a 10 year sentence.

Anybody know the status of this case?

Is he actually serving time or free on bail until.........................???