Golf Club Recommendation

ladybiker

We will shortly arrive in HH for semi-retirement, we bought a house on Soi 112 in 2005. We would like to join a Golf Club that is not too exacting for begginers, preferable with driving range and reasonable fees, a club house with food and swimming facilities and maybe a gym would be ideal. Do you have any suggestions ?

Thank You :o

We will shortly arrive in HH for semi-retirement, we bought a house on Soi 112 in 2005. We would like to join a Golf Club that is not too exacting for begginers, preferable with driving range and reasonable fees, a club house with food and swimming facilities and maybe a gym would be ideal. Do you have any suggestions ?

You may want to join the Hua Hin Golf Society for the first year or so. They play at different area courses twice a week at a big discount for the player. That way you could try all the courses and see which one you like best.

Golf course membership is expensive so it may be wise to do a lot of personal research before committing to one course.

If you want more information about the society you can go to Bernies Inn (which is the golf societies home bar) just off the beach road across from the Sofitel and speak with Bernie when you arrive. It's in a little alley behind all the rental cars past Billy's bar. You can also get to it using a little walking alley from the Hilton road beside the Mai Tai bar.

You may want to join the Hua Hin Golf Society for the first year or so. They play at different area courses twice a week at a big discount for the player. That way you could try all the courses and see which one you like best.

Golf course membership is expensive so it may be wise to do a lot of personal research before committing to one course.

If you want more information about the society you can go to Bernies Inn (which is the golf societies home bar) just off the beach road across from the Sofitel and speak with Bernie when you arrive. It's in a little alley behind all the rental cars past Billy's bar. You can also get to it using a little walking alley from the Hilton road beside the Mai Tai bar.

Good advice and Bernie is a great guy but if you are truly a beginner then get up the Pala-U road to the Mongul Driving range and book a few lessons with John Withers he is one of the best in the world and I've been around it a few times so I think I am a somewhat good judge of the teachers of the game. He has started a Thursday morning fun deal from 8:30 to noon where you pay I think 400 baht and you get a cup of coffee and all the balls you want to hit and he gives lessons and tips to all that show up and will even do videos to help you with your game. Other pros come around for the social aspect and are helpful to all. It's probably one of the greatest deals I have ever seen in the game. If you practice there you will be sure to see many world class playing pros. Probably the spot to be when the Asian Tour makes its stop in April (I believe) at Black Mountain Golf Course (just a few miles away) for a new scheduled regular event on the Tour. Palm Hills has all the facilities you want and is probably the closest and most accessable but definitely think about what hh farang said. Choke Dee