Colleges Urged To Crack Down On Student Internet Flesh Trade

george

This is not a solely Thai problem, its happening all over the world even with high school girls. In my country they investigate the matter and find out that they even have sex for a credit on their SIM card. In Japan its a well know phenomena that female students do it to buy luxury goods.

Or one angle that hasn't been mentioned that much is that in the west (at least nothern Europe), it's more common with boys doing it. Some for females, most against other [older] men. One supreme court judge [in my home country] was caught with one some 2-3 years back...

What the universities don't say, but should realise ....

If they want to avoid pushing students towards this type of activity they should cut out all the ridiculous extra expenses they force onto the students. Stupid things like special shirts for particular occasions (that get worn once), flowers or bits and pieces for events they are required to participate in, many 'excursions' that seem to add little to the learning component of the courses. I can't believe the stuff they have to find money to pay for, 500 baht here, 1,000 baht there. Where the hel_l do the unis expect the students to find this money? especially in the rural unis. In most cases, mum and dad can't just hand it over on demand. So that leaves limited time to perform part-time jobs (if they can be found) to get paid an absolute pittance OR .....

They've already cut the cost of women's uniforms to the bone judging from the minimum amount of material in the shirt and blouse.

If they want to avoid pushing students towards this type of activity they should cut out all the ridiculous extra expenses they force onto the students. Stupid things like special shirts for particular occasions (that get worn once), flowers or bits and pieces for events they are required to participate in, many 'excursions' that seem to add little to the learning component of the courses. I can't believe the stuff they have to find money to pay for, 500 baht here, 1,000 baht there. Where the hel_l do the unis expect the students to find this money? especially in the rural unis. In most cases, mum and dad can't just hand it over on demand. So that leaves limited time to perform part-time jobs (if they can be found) to get paid an absolute pittance OR .....

Sorry, i dont agree at all - i agree with the Thai Raj article i linked, the girls are mainly doing it to purchase luxuries.

Where i come from university girls dont prostitute themselves for $100 (price of a long-time on Hi5) when they need a new winter jacket for university - they instead get a part-time job in a store, pub or even KFC. These girls are just materialistic and lazy - same old saga, $60 to open your legs for 10 minutes or 23Baht an hour working in 7/11.

Edited by ThaiEye

They've already cut the cost of women's uniforms to the bone judging from the minimum amount of material in the shirt and blouse.

I'm sure they could trim the costs a smidgen more by make the cotton material for blouses more thin.

Sorry, i dont agree at all - i agree with the Thai Raj article i linked, the girls are mainly doing it to purchase luxuries.

Where i come from university girls dont prostitute themselves for $100 (price of a long-time on Hi5) when they need a new winter jacket for university - they instead get a part-time job in a store, pub or even KFC. These girls are just materialistic and lazy - same old saga, $60 to open your legs for 10 minutes or 23Baht an hour working in 7/11.

So where do you come from to be able to make such a generalised statement? Saudi Arabia? From what I've seen in my wide travels, and internet exploring, this sort of thing does go on in pretty much every other country (and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find at least one example from there too). But hey, if you want to believe in the sweet virginity of the girls in your country then go ahead. I also wouldn't call it being lazy to rent out something others are willing to pay for in order to make in 10 minutes what would otherwise take 100 hours of menial labour to earn.

IMHO you are very naive, this is happening on every university all over the world. A minority of female students doing it? YES, but its exists just open your eyes a little bit.

So where do you come from to be able to make such a generalised statement? Saudi Arabia? From what I've seen in my wide travels, and internet exploring, this sort of thing does go on in pretty much every other country (and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to find at least one example from there too). But hey, if you want to believe in the sweet virginity of the girls in your country then go ahead. I also wouldn't call it being lazy to rent out something others are willing to pay for in order to make in 10 minutes what would otherwise take 100 hours of menial labour to earn.

What do mean you wouldn't call it 'being lazy'? You sound like one of those tourists who bar-chicks run up to and tell them all their sob stories. That is, while you listen and believe all their nonsense. Sorry, but your comment is pathetic.

Think about all the farmer girls, factory women, underpaid office woman who work for 100-200 baht a day. The difference between them and prostitutes is Dignity.

What do mean you wouldn't call it 'being lazy'? You sound like one of those tourists who bar-chicks run up to and tell them all their sob stories. That is, while you listen and believe all their nonsense. Sorry, but your comment is pathetic.

Think about all the farmer girls, factory women, underpaid office woman who work for 100-200 baht a day. The difference between them and prostitutes is Dignity.

Diginity :o in thailand (at least in BKK)?? The government thinks if they react all the more mommies will come out and join the next PAD protest.

Diginity :o in thailand (at least in BKK)?? The government thinks if they react all the more mommies will come out and join the next PAD protest.

Dignity in many cases sure,

but in many more a marketable face, ass, legs and personality is the deciding factor...

Sadly.

And lets not forget time. In some cases things are needed NOW not in 3 months.

Pragmatically they get the job done for the family.

And make merit later to cover it. Dignity is fine, if the roof holds up...

If not, I have my dignity, walking pneumonia too, but with dignity.

Not saying this is good, just the way it is to much of the time.

Edited by animatic

You sound like a prude person with typical Victorian values.

Do you also dislike others that can get money from doing things not normal people would or could do?

Read what a Thai newspaper has to say on the matter. A translation in English from 31 Jan, Thai Raj issue. Plus photo.

Selling Sex on the Net: Direct Sales

good read up from Cleary again. I always love his blogs straight to the point . A real senior writer with a marvelous knowwledge about Thai society and culture

Continue cleary I'm a real fan of your stuff

Charlie

Taking it down to your level, I think it's pathetic that you have such a misguided blindness as to the virtue of the girls in your country. In fact, it's actually racist. "These immoral Thai girls, in my country they'd never do such a thing!"

I wouldn't know about these bar chicks and their nonsense sob stories. It sounds like you've heard a few, could you share them with us?

Read what a Thai newspaper has to say on the matter. A translation in English from 31 Jan, Thai Raj issue. Plus photo.

Selling Sex on the Net: Direct Sales

"Most of the offending part-time prostitutes woo their potential customers by posing not just in tight and skimpy university outfits, but also highschool uniforms"

Disgusting!!.....(but its what the public secretly want!) :o

I need to learn how to read Thai, darn quick as my g/f goes to school and is on Hi5 :o

Oh, wait...... school is not same same as university.

<<<< sighs with relief.

PS. NO you cannot have her Hi5 account name etc :D