Drivers License In Trang Or Phang Nga

MisterMan

I live in Phuket but am taking a trip to Trang. I have been told that in Phang Nga it is quicker then in Phuket.. less people etc..

I already have a expired international license.

My other half was worried that Phang Nga or Trang Dept of Transportation mighrt not know how to deal with farang paperwork required for the license.

Any experience? Success stories?

Will I get banned for life if I also post this in the phuket forum too?

Edited by MisterMan

I live in Phuket but am taking a trip to Trang. I have been told that in Phang Nga it is quicker then in Phuket.. less people etc..

I already have a expired international license.

My other half was worried that Phang Nga or Trang Dept of Transportation mighrt not know how to deal with farang paperwork required for the license.

Any experience? Success stories?

Will I get banned for life if I also post this in the phuket forum too?

Don't know about Phang Nga or Trang but lots of people have got them in Krabi. Don't know how bothered they will be by the IDL being out of date

Had a Bangkok licence and moved to Phangnga. When the BKK licence expired took nearly a month for all the paperwork to be transferred and a new licence issued. When I had to renew it in Phangnga quick and easy. Having said that this was about 7 or 8 years ago so things might have changed.

They might give you a licence on the strength of your expired IDP but the chances are that you will have to do the tests. There is a handful of farangs using the Amhur Muang office so although not as busy as Phuket, they will know what to do.

Had a Bangkok licence and moved to Phangnga. When the BKK licence expired took nearly a month for all the paperwork to be transferred and a new licence issued. When I had to renew it in Phangnga quick and easy. Having said that this was about 7 or 8 years ago so things might have changed.

They might give you a licence on the strength of your expired IDP but the chances are that you will have to do the tests. There is a handful of farangs using the Amhur Muang office so although not as busy as Phuket, they will know what to do.

Thank you this was the info I wanted to know..