Fishing Tournament

Rooo

It's this time of year ,20- 22nd of March.So for all the fishing enthusiasts out there, get yourselves booked on a boat.This is not an advertisement for it, but last year some people inquired about game fishing, so letting you know well in advance.

Its in Samui, right Rooo? The guy with the fishing shop in Thong Sala (Chaloklum road intersection) was in it last year and had a great time.

Yes SBK, starts from Nathon wharf,well at least the registration takes place there.You can fish anywhere in the gulf. Expecting around 30 boats this year & they opened the registration to 4 competitors per boat.

Some great catches & good variety if you know where to go.

Thats interesting to know, I thought you had to fish around Samui. When does registration start then? On the first day of the tournament or do you need to register ahead of time?

(not that I fish, rather I am a fishing widow and I am sure my husband would be interested if he could fish around Phangan where he knows the waters rather than Samui)

Thats interesting to know, I thought you had to fish around Samui. When does registration start then? On the first day of the tournament or do you need to register ahead of time?

(not that I fish, rather I am a fishing widow and I am sure my husband would be interested if he could fish around Phangan where he knows the waters rather than Samui)

Hi SBK,

They can register on the day.The entry fee is Baht 2,500.00 per boat ( team of 3 NOT 4 ) & from memory eligible fish has to be in Nathon by 2pm for weighing on the 22nd . Presentation night follows, with food & drink for participants. If they want to take a guest, it's 200 Baht extra.I've just been told that this year's event will be televised on UBC, pictures of fish & winners I presume.

There is also a sponsorship package available, I can check if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

Fishing on this weekend, registration starts at 9 am Nathon pier parking area.Any members going?

Sorry, forgot to mention it's friday the 20th.

Edited by Rooo

Well, weather doesn't look good for it, does it? :D

The husband says his boat isn't big enough for the competition (only holds two people, just a small dinghy) and if I want him to fish in the tournament we are going to have to get a bigger boat :o

The husband says his boat isn't big enough for the competition (only holds two people, just a small dinghy) and if I want him to fish in the tournament we are going to have to get a bigger boat :o

I remember the last time i heard that line, it made me stay out of the water for years... :D

Anyone know when the weigh in would be expected & where it will be ??

Edit : & approx what time ??

Edited by MSingh

I remember the last time i heard that line, it made me stay out of the water for years... :D

Sunday afternoon at the pier car park.Fish will be on display after that.

SBK, cut the man some slack :D ,get him a bigger boat.

Sunday afternoon at the pier car park.Fish will be on display after that.

SBK, cut the man some slack :D ,get him a bigger boat.

Somehow, I am not surprised at your answer Rooo :D