Help In Finding Honeymoon Accomodation In Thailand

annie2009

Hi,

We are coming on honeymoon to Thailand in March and plan to divide our time in Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi. Our accommodation budget is around 3000-4000 TBH/per day but can extend it a bit more if the accomodation is very good.

We are looking for luxurious accommodation close to rail station and markets but not too noisy. A few friends who have been there suggested below hotels to us:

Bangkok:----

Sofitel Silom Bangkok

Adelphi Suites Bangkok

Park Plaza Sukhumvit Hotel

Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok - tower wing

Phuket:----

Pacific Club Resort

Banthai Beach Resort & Spa

Karon Sea Sands Resort

Krabi:----

Krabi Resort

Aonang Paradise Resort & Longstay

Sofitel Phokeethra Krabi Golf & Spa Resort

Sunrise Tropical Resort Railey

Railey Beach Princess Hotel

Can you pls advise how they are.. any other recommendations are also welcome.

Thanks very much for your help

Annie

Hi,

We are coming on honeymoon to Thailand in March and plan to divide our time in Bangkok, Phuket and Krabi. Our accommodation budget is around 3000-4000 TBH/per day but can extend it a bit more if the accomodation is very good.

We are looking for luxurious accommodation close to rail station and markets but not too noisy. A few friends who have been there suggested below hotels to us:

Sofitel Silom Bangkok

Adelphi Suites Bangkok

Pacific Club Resort

Karon Sea Sands Resort

Krabi Resort

Annie

Scratch out the relatively poor Bangkok choices and go for a one bedroom apartment at Centrepoint Silom.

Reviews.

Book here.

Haven't visited Phuket and Krabi of late, so have no suggestion.

Agree on Centrepoint. Or then any other "serviced apartment" in town. Ones like president park and cetrepoint offer better value for money than hotels imho.

Then again if you want full 5 star facilities you will be better off taking some international chain in Sukhumvit or Silom. Latestays dot com has usually best deals and easy to use.

Latestays aren't that great and the 'five star' hotel rooms may be quite small for your budget. For example, 33 sq. m. against 90 sq.m. for Centrepoint Silom.

Depends what you are looking for, the ultimate five start service and facilities or bigger room. Like said i prefer the space myself...

Latestays works ok for me, better rates that i could find on other pages. Then again there might be better ones nowdays. Any other pages worth looking for ?

Edited by MJo

Latestays aren't that great and the 'five star' hotel rooms may be quite small for your budget. For example, 33 sq. m. against 90 sq.m. for Centrepoint Silom.

Depends what you are looking for, the ultimate five start service and facilities or bigger room. Like said i prefer the space myself...

Latestays works ok for me, better rates that i could find on other pages. Then again there might be better ones nowdays. Any other pages worth looking for ?

Try AtSiam.

Not sure which facilities would be missing from Centrepoint. There certainly a lot of advantages with taking the apartment, such as space, location(including being connected to a shopping mall with supermarket). Breakfast at The Verandah of the nearby Oriental Hotel and dinner at the nearby The Dome at Lebua will provide a honeymoon feel.

Centre Point is a great idea! Lots of space and very convenient. My parents who are very independent have stayed there for up to 4 weeks at a time during there visit. Very convenient to the Shangrila or the Oriental and you can take the free shuttle from the pier (Saphan Taksin), just next to your hotel.

With all do respect to all the city center hotels, nothing, and I mean nothing compares to staying at one of the nice River hotels - all of which can easily access the BTS skytrain - via boat.

It may be a bit more money (not sure cause its very low season in BK at the moment), but much nicer than any of the hotels in the OP's list.

With all do respect to all the city center hotels, nothing, and I mean nothing compares to staying at one of the nice River hotels - all of which can easily access the BTS skytrain - via boat.

It may be a bit more money (not sure cause its very low season in BK at the moment), but much nicer than any of the hotels in the OP's list.

Centrepoint Silom is a river hotel.

Either way, there was a particular budget stated. The cost of alternatives such as The Peninsula, starting in excess of 8000 baht and the Oriental at 12000 baht far exceeds the stated budget and you'll still just be staying in their cheapest rooms. :o

Either way, there was a particular budget stated. The cost of alternatives such as The Peninsula, starting in excess of 8000 baht and the Oriental at 12000 baht far exceeds the stated budget and you'll still just be staying in their cheapest rooms. :D

Well, one can stay at the 5 star millenium hilton for 5000 k a night, Centrepoint technically on the river but for a honeymoon, come on. :o

Edit: just checked best price is 4763 baht for deluxe.

Edited by bkkjames

Hi,

Sofitel Silom Bangkok

Adelphi Suites Bangkok

Pacific Club Resort

Karon Sea Sands Resort

Krabi Resort

Annie

Hi Annie

For Bangkok I would pick the Park Plaza. Fantastic hotel and very quiet. Staff are great and cannot do enough for you.

Edited by khastan

Either way, there was a particular budget stated. The cost of alternatives such as The Peninsula, starting in excess of 8000 baht and the Oriental at 12000 baht far exceeds the stated budget and you'll still just be staying in their cheapest rooms. :D

Well, one can stay at the 5 star millenium hilton for 5000 k a night, Centrepoint technically on the river but for a honeymoon, come on. :o

Send us the link for 4763 baht. What size the "five star hotel room"? I wager less than 35 sq.m.

Unlike some, I actually have stayed at some of the 5* establishments concerned (including the Oriental) and still choose Centrepoint over them.

I'll see if I can dig up the pics of my 100 sq.m. One bedroom suite at Centrepoint with the River View and wraparound balcony with sundeck. Sound system, two TVs, full kitchen and utilities, Wired Internet in room.

Comparing it to a pokey 35 sq. m. room in one of the so called 5* establishments is laughable.

The difference is in the catering. I would go out for my special meals, for instance in the places that I mentioned before.

Have you actually stayed in ANY of the places we have mentioned?

Try AtSiam.

Centrepoint Silom is in AtSiam 2,200 per night. Latestays has the same room for 2,100. Stay min 3 nights and price is 2,000 or min 7 nights and price is 1,900 per night. Will still stick with Latestays for now :D

Yeah sure. :o As long as you only want a Studio in Feb. you'll be fine. Anything else and you're a bit stuck. Where are the One Bedroom apartments? Where is the availability beyond Feb.?

Stop wasting my time. :D

Is LateStays/AsiaWebDirect consistently cheaper overall?

Send us the link for 4763 baht. What size the "five star hotel room"? I wager less than 35 sq.m.

Unlike some, I actually have stayed at some of the 5* establishments concerned (including the Oriental) and still choose Centrepoint over them.

I'll see if I can dig up the pics of my 100 sq.m. One bedroom suite at Centrepoint with the River View and wraparound balcony with sundeck. Sound system, two TVs, full kitchen and utilities, Wired Internet in room.

Comparing it to a pokey 35 sq. m. room in one of the so called 5* establishments is laughable.

The difference is in the catering. I would go out for my special meals, for instance in the places that I mentioned before.

yes i have stayed there mate,,, for your information here is the rate below, I BOLDED it for you so you don't miss it.

Yes the centerpoint is bigger, but sorry, furnishings from the 70's with a 50% chance of a river view overtop of a shopping mall is not my style - and certainly not for a honeymoon. :D

.https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/res/choose_rates.jhtml;jsessionid=GGEKOQQL02D2SCSGBJF222Q?_requestid=268080

BED AND BREAKFAST FLEXIBLE RATE, INCLUDES BREAKFAST (more)

5,760.00 THB KING HILTON DELUXE

5,760.00 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE

7,460.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM

8,460.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE

AP BED AND BREAKFAST ADVANCE PURCHASE, FULL PREPAYMENT (more)

5,356.80 THB KING HILTON DELUXE

5,356.80 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE

6,937.80 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM

7,867.80 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE

BEST AVAILABLE RATE BEST UNRESTRICTED RATE (more)

5,100.00 THB KING HILTON DELUXE - BEST AVAILABLE RATE

5,100.00 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE - BEST AVAILABLE RATE

6,800.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM - BEST AVAILABLE RATE

7,800.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE - BEST AVBL RATE

ADVANCE PURCHASE FULL PREPAYMENT, NO REFUNDS OR CHANGES (more)

4,743.00 THB KING HILTON DELUXE

4,743.00 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE

6,324.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM

7,254.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE

DINNER BED BREAKFAST FLEXIBLE RATE, INCLUDES BREAKFAST AND DINNER (more)

7,860.00 THB KING HILTON DELUXE

7,860.00 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE

9,560.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM

10,560.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE

AP DINNER BREAKFAST ADVANCE PURCHASE, FULL PREPAYMENT (more)

7,309.80 THB KING HILTON DELUXE

7,309.80 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE

8,890.80 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM

9,820.80 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE

yes i have stayed there mate,,, for your information here is the rate below, I BOLDED it for you so you don't miss it.

Yes the centerpoint is bigger, but sorry, furnishings from the 70's with a 50% chance of a river view overtop of a shopping mall is not my style - and certainly not for a honeymoon. :D

ADVANCE PURCHASE FULL PREPAYMENT, NO REFUNDS OR CHANGES (more)

4,743.00 THB KING HILTON DELUXE

4,743.00 THB TWIN HILTON DELUXE

6,324.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE ROOM

7,254.00 THB KING EXECUTIVE PLUS SUITE

Sorry, could not replicate your results. For a three night stay in March I came up with 5301 baht per night;

hiltonl.jpg

Quite some over the OP's budget and still only 35 sq. metres.

If you have stayed in any of these hotels, you may have some personal pics of which you would like to share?

Clearly you have not been keeping up with the programme. The Centrepoint apartments have been updated.

These pics are of the old decor. Someone else's pics.

This is a typical picture of the bedroom in a River View One bedroom apartment. Again, the old decor.

hotel00.jpg

The door seen is one of the entrances to the bathroom. Door opposite that one leads to the balcony. Door to the right of the bed leads into the living room containing another TV, HiFi system and kitchen/dining area.

rate00.jpg

Nearly three times the size, more facilities, cheaper and a more convenient location than the Hilton.

Haven't got any pics of the new decor yet.

For an idea between the difference between old and new, look here at Centrepoint Petchburi:

OTHERS_48489_2.jpg

centrepointpetchburi-2.jpg

The Hilton Suite would be my minimum consideration, but there is no need to pay 7,812 baht for the 'privilege' of staying in a 67 sq.m room with no outside space on the wrong side of the river.

Where does the Hilton's free shuttle boat(only until midnight) take you? To the Saphan Taksin BTS where Centrepoint Silom is situated. :D

Where is the HiFi system? Where is the DVD player?

I don't base my accommodation choices on some arbitary star rating. I actually stay at these places.

Let's see your pics if you have any.

Do tell me why you chose the Hilton for your stay. Frequent flyer points to utilise? :D

nice photos, now if I want to stay couped up in my room overlooking the taskin - charoen krung traffice, it would be an option - let's just leave it at we have different visions of an ideal honeymoon in Bkk. :D

Hey, my girlfriend was happy enough....and loved tanning herself on the balcony(no need to be 'couped up').... and all for 3500 baht.

So I'll leave you with your 'vision' of your 35 sq. m. room( with no outside space) for 5000 baht. :D

I think that you may find that people on their honeymoon may spend a little more time in their room than usual. Such a romantic, aren't you? :o

nice photos, now if I want to stay couped up in my room overlooking the taskin - charoen krung traffice, it would be an option - let's just leave it at we have different visions of an ideal honeymoon in Bkk. :D

Hey, my girlfriend was happy enough....and loved tanning herself on the balcony(no need to be 'couped up').... and all for 3500 baht.

So I'll leave you with your 'vision' of your 35 sq. m. room( with no outside space) for 5000 baht. :D

I think that you may find that people on their honeymoon may spend a little more time in their room than usual. Such a romantic, aren't you? :o

yes, mate, very romantic, last year had a two hour spa in the hotel, dinner overlooking the river, then up to the room to have a bottle of champs while watching the new year's eve fireworks litterally outside our window. and this was the just the 2nd day our our honeymoon :D all together with the room, spa, dinner - new year's eve was not cheap, and worth every baht.. :D

Yeah sure. :o As long as you only want a Studio in Feb. you'll be fine. Anything else and you're a bit stuck. Where are the One Bedroom apartments? Where is the availability beyond Feb.?

Stop wasting my time. :D

Is LateStays/AsiaWebDirect consistently cheaper overall?

You can book any room from there. Also beyond the dates shown in the first page.

For your question yes. So far i have found better deals from there than other pages. Then again someone else might feel other sites are better for them...

I'm not gonna go back to personal references on room size as i have stated that i do agree with you regarding the extra space in Centrepoint. H...ll stayed two years in Petchaburi one some years back and that time it was good value for the money at 25k per month for studio and maybe double that for one bedroom. Nowdays the studio is most likely douple the money.

Spent my honeymoon in Maldives, nice quiet bungalow in the lagoon with excellent roomservice and facilities :D

yes, mate, very romantic, last year had a two hour spa in the hotel, dinner overlooking the river, then up to the room to have a bottle of champs while watching the new year's eve fireworks litterally outside our window. and this was the just the 2nd day our our honeymoon :D all together with the room, spa, dinner - new year's eve was not cheap, and worth every baht.. :wai:

Congrats. :D

Where are the pics?

yes, mate, very romantic, last year had a two hour spa in the hotel, dinner overlooking the river, then up to the room to have a bottle of champs while watching the new year's eve fireworks litterally outside our window. and this was the just the 2nd day our our honeymoon :D all together with the room, spa, dinner - new year's eve was not cheap, and worth every baht.. :wai:

Congrats. :D

Where are the pics?

Not sure (and don't really care) if you believe me or not, but I am not about to start posting pics of my wife and I on here mate. Let me see if I can dig up one that doesn't show our faces.