Sky Sports - Leeds United

Treborz

Hi

Does anywhere in Pattaya show Sky Sports or equivalent channels that show games that are on Sky Sports. Reason I ask is that I'm a leeds fan (for my sins) and may be in Pattaya for Songkran and Leicester vs Leeds is being screened on 13th April. I would love to be able to watch it somewhere. If i'm not in Pattaya then it is likely I will be in Samui and the same question applies. In fact is Sky Sports even obtainable in Thailand?

On a separate matter I used to know of a Leeds United bar in Pattaya (although i never visited) and was wondering if it still existed?

Cheers in advance

Rob

There is no Sky Sports channels shown in Thailand; nobody has a dish pointed that way or a decoder to unscramble, so your chances of finding your match on TV are nil.

You may find it on the internet - your best bet.

And before everyone jumps on me, yes I too have Sky Sports news, and Sky News on my TV via my South African satellite. But they never relay the Sky Sports channels as they have their own deals for sport and lately have not even shown the single premiership game that they used to show in previous seasons. let alone 3rd division , or whatever division Leeds are in these days. :o

The furthest you could pick up Sky sports on sattelite would be southern Spain, we are on the other side of the planet here and no foreign channels are interested in the 2nd or 3rd division , the only chance you could possibly see the game is in a Bar that gets a feed off a high speed Internet link that pays a subscription to one of the companies that nicks sport and other channels from all over the world, however there are not many bars doing this around Pattaya and if there is a premier game at the same time you might have no chance, the owner of the Stars in your eyes bar Soi 7 gets the racing channel this way from the UK so if you have a word with him you might get lucky, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Dont know of any bars that would show that mate. Never heard of the Leeds Utd bar in Pattaya. There is one in Benidorm though.

I watched the leeds game last night on the internet. 2-0 Get in there......The feeds are pretty good. Do a search in google for justin tv. They show most of the games and you will be able to find some good links from there to watch the games in better quality.

Paul

Yea I worked in Hong Kong for 5 months last year and had to watch the playoff final on Justin.tv but it wasnt the smoothest of feeds.

Back in blighty now so got to watch the game on Sky (live in the channel islands otherwise id be going to every game). Heading up to ER for the Swindon game on 14th March before my trip to LOS though.

The leeds bar actually had a small feature in the Leeds Leeds Leeds magazine but this is going back at least 5 or 6 years so there is every chance it's no longer there. It may just be a bar with a Leeds fan as owner, I honestly can't remember but i did exchange a couple of emails with him at the time.

Never heard of the Leeds Utd bar in Pattaya.

There was a Bar Called "Elland Road" on Soi 7, central pattaya about 6 years ago. Unfortunately it closed or changed its name....

most leeds fans i know go to the "Butchers Arms" on Soi Buakhou, it is run by Burnley Fan, most of the customers are from Yorkshire.

They have the internet link too, so if its not on Satelite you can probably watch it in the bar over the net... we watched your match against them non leaguers in there over the net. :D:o:D:D

• 10 months later...

Extraordinary result. Pity the Snodgrass effort didn't creep in - that would have been the icing on a very palatable cake.

Can say you live in Leeds (actually, Pudsey and Isaan :)) and not have to deal with sympathetic smiles any more.

marching on together!!!!!!!!!! great result, shut a few people up and its the first time in years, we have had anything to shout about....long may it continue!!! marching on together!!!!

Edited by lemel