Jacket For The Hot Weather

coatesy

Just wanted to know if any one out there has a good sujestion on a jacket for the hot weather ... I live in phuket and often ride in shorts and T-shirt ... but when heading of the island would be nice to have PPE without the heat ???

any help appreshiated

thanks Coatesy

The easy answer is Mesh jacket with CE protection, however beware and buy one where you can tighten the elbow protection so it does not slide if you drop. Also beware the protection in mesh clothing is not very high, the CE protection helps you in a drop but the mesh evaporate fast so don't believe it protects as leather. But it is bearable in the heat, and gives added protection which can save you a lot in a drop. Shorts and T-Shirt is not a good idea, just a slide in 10 km/h will pain you for a long time with scares so, mesh with CE should improve your protection a lot.

Cheers Bard

But the guy is asking for protection solutions for hot climates..

Phuket is much hotter and stickier than I found it up north, and its hard to make your self get into ride gear for short rides, even my mesh is dam_n hot at the moment and my textile one doesnt breathe enough.

Personally I can see one of these being my next buy, need to see how it fits the fuller figured gentleman tho :o !!

Just wanted to know if any one out there has a good sujestion on a jacket for the hot weather ... I live in phuket and often ride in shorts and T-shirt ... but when heading of the island would be nice to have PPE without the heat ???

any help appreshiated

thanks Coatesy

hey coatesy....i just ordered the vanson mesh jacket....it's meant to be the lightest, most breathable jacket with CE protection in all the regular areas. can't say yet how good or bad it is as it won't arrive until next week but seems to be a good city jacket. it's basicallt just a long sleeve mesh shirt with leather and cups at the elbows and shoulders.

i wear my leathers for trips and have a dianese mesh for the city but even that is just too hot

gallery_72939_1001_7851.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1001_75719.jpg

any help appreshiated

thanks Coatesy

hey coatesy....i just ordered the vanson mesh jacket....it's meant to be the lightest, most breathable jacket with CE protection in all the regular areas. can't say yet how good or bad it is as it won't arrive until next week but seems to be a good city jacket. it's basicallt just a long sleeve mesh shirt with leather and cups at the elbows and shoulders.

i wear my leathers for trips and have a dianese mesh for the city but even that is just too hot

gallery_72939_1001_7851.jpg

med_gallery_72939_1001_75719.jpg

Good stuff Anthony, I like this one too.

any help appreshiated

thanks Coatesy

ya, it's basically marketed as "a good alternative to a t-shirt" hehehe saw images on google and you can literally see right through it with dark spots where the protection is. so hopefully it'll be quite cool with "some" protection :o

any help appreshiated

thanks Coatesy

ya, it's basically marketed as "a good alternative to a t-shirt" hehehe saw images on google and you can literally see right through it with dark spots where the protection is. so hopefully it'll be quite cool with "some" protection :o

I like the black one. Can you post the link to online shop?

In fact, it is same principle as the SIXSIXONE I posted but with netted shirt over the armour, instead of under.

Good thing is I can always put casual t-shirt over or under the protection.

any help appreshiated

thanks Coatesy

I like the black one. Can you post the link to online shop?

In fact, it is same principle as the SIXSIXONE I posted but with netted shirt over the armour, instead of under.

Good thing is I can always put casual t-shirt over or under the protection.

i ordered mine from these guys Vanson Ebay great service, very helpful with sizing. here's the manufacturer's link as well Vanson they have a number of styles....i'm partial to the stripes but the flame sleeves look pretty cool

The easy answer is Mesh jacket with CE protection, however beware and buy one where you can tighten the elbow protection so it does not slide if you drop. Also beware the protection in mesh clothing is not very high, the CE protection helps you in a drop but the mesh evaporate fast so don't believe it protects as leather. But it is bearable in the heat, and gives added protection which can save you a lot in a drop. Shorts and T-Shirt is not a good idea, just a slide in 10 km/h will pain you for a long time with scares so, mesh with CE should improve your protection a lot.

Cheers Bard

You put it right on the spot, Bard; couldn't agree more :o

Thats the problem with my JR mesh.. Its a size to large which leaves me not really confident on the pads elbow movement / position.. Theres no way I could handle a leather down south. Still searching for the perfect solution but that armor only is appealing.

It's a trade-off between protection and comfort in this climate. I wore a fully-armoured Komine mesh jacket before I ordered a Dianese perforated leather. The leather is only slightly hotter while not moving but surprisingly the air flow is far superior when at speed. Better protection with leather as well.

Edited by RusticCharm

a heavy gauge denim jacket is the best compromise ive found for cooling and protection, not hot, breathes and relatively adequate protection in a slide...you can go out of your way to have rubber padded inserts sewn into the elbows.

staying waterproof isnt important until it actually rains, for that purpose i just put one of those cheap plastic raincoats over when the time comes.

Mrs Neverdie likes to ride naked as well....she even has a built in suction cup to help her stick to the seat whilst cornering :D

foxyjackynakedonmotorcyye0.th.jpg

ps: I had to pick a rear shot...so the mods at TV wouldnt take a fit :o

Edited by neverdie

Mrs Neverdie likes to ride naked as well....she even has a built in suction cup to help her stick to the seat whilst cornering :D

ps: I had to pick a rear shot...so the mods at TV wouldnt take a fit :D

Yeah,chicks have got it made whilst riding naked... :o

ps: I had to pick a rear shot...so the mods at TV wouldnt take a fit :o

she also appears to have a couple of frontal airbags...in the event of an emergency situation.

I prefer to ride naked :o ....little neverdie enjoys the freedom this brings :D

nakedbikejpgob4.th.jpg

Wonder if little mr neverdie have thought about sliding on the tarmac yet? It would make a die out of neverdie I bet :D Ohh no it's ground off :D

I got an Alpinestars mesh jacket, in RED and Black it's hot in redlight but cool enough for riding. I choose the red and black so drivers/riders can see me better, more visible less risk of some moron driving into you. It has straps to tighten the CE at the elbows and is fully CE rated. Good product.

Also got a new leather split suit coming my way custom made from Z customs who made it specifically for hot climate, with big vents and perforating but also with full race protection and the essential knee sliders. It is the same unit they use for desert races so it's vented enough, can't wait to try it out, if it's cool enough it will be my new allround suit instead of mesh.

Cheers Bard