Where Are These Cheap Thai Airline Deals?

RHCP

Just been checking out some fares to London in early May and Thais recently publicized cheaper fares don’t stack up. Using their website I’m getting a ridiculous fare quote of just under 50,000 baht compared to lower priced airlines such as Singapore, Qatar, Emirates and more significantly Etihad who all offer lower prices and much better in-flight services and newer planes. I can’t see Thai International filling empty seats when they continue to remain uncompetitive.

There are no "Cheap Thai Airline Deals". I assume you mean "Thai Airways". Their prices have not changed .01% regardless of the news that prices were being discounted by 50%. I have been regularly checking prices on some destinations and prices today are the same they were one, two, and three months ago.

Just been checking out some fares to London in early May and Thais recently publicized cheaper fares don’t stack up. Using their website I’m getting a ridiculous fare quote of just under 50,000 baht compared to lower priced airlines such as Singapore, Qatar, Emirates and more significantly Etihad who all offer lower prices and much better in-flight services and newer planes. I can’t see Thai International filling empty seats when they continue to remain uncompetitive.
There are no "Cheap Thai Airline Deals". I assume you mean "Thai Airways". Their prices have not changed .01% regardless of the news that prices were being discounted by 50%. I have been regularly checking prices on some destinations and prices today are the same they were one, two, and three months ago.

Guys have you checked with your local travel agent? Try checking the Thai Visa travel site eg Aust - Syd 17020.00 + tax is much cheaper than 6 months ago. I went to Oz Aug 08 32000 return I am due to go again 9 March 25170 return now in my books that is cheaper.

Just been checking out some fares to London in early May and Thais recently publicized cheaper fares don't stack up. Using their website I'm getting a ridiculous fare quote of just under 50,000 baht compared to lower priced airlines such as Singapore, Qatar, Emirates and more significantly Etihad who all offer lower prices and much better in-flight services and newer planes. I can't see Thai International filling empty seats when they continue to remain uncompetitive.

Guys have you checked with your local travel agent? Try checking the Thai Visa travel site eg Aust - Syd 17020.00 + tax is much cheaper than 6 months ago. I went to Oz Aug 08 32000 return I am due to go again 9 March 25170 return now in my books that is cheaper.

I paid over 1600 bucks return to BKK last year,,, :o

Strange, but Emirates has had 836 buck ret fare from Christchurch, New Zealand, much cheaper than Thai.

All fares very much in a flux.

If you were flying the other way look at westeasttravel.com amazing prices when I looked yesterday

Just been checking out some fares to London in early May and Thais recently publicized cheaper fares don't stack up. Using their website I'm getting a ridiculous fare quote of just under 50,000 baht compared to lower priced airlines such as Singapore, Qatar, Emirates and more significantly Etihad who all offer lower prices and much better in-flight services and newer planes. I can't see Thai International filling empty seats when they continue to remain uncompetitive.

I paid over 1600 bucks return to BKK last year,,, :o

Strange, but Emirates has had 836 buck ret fare from Christchurch, New Zealand, much cheaper than Thai.

All fares very much in a flux.

I think you will find that because Emirates is the only one flying to Christchurch (soon) while TG flies to Auckland.

It certainly pays to shop around for good deals. I am flying Jetstar/Qantas from Bkk to Perth (Oz) in March. 14300 baht return including taxes.The only catch is i have to change planes in Singapore (both ways) which means hanging around the airport for about 6 hours.However Changi Airport provides a free tour of the city and has a movie theatre etc. so it should not be to much of a drag to fill in the time.

The last time i can recall similar pricing was when Tiger flew from Udonthani to Bkk then to Perth

yes, changi is one of the few airports in the world i don't mind hanging around in, its been awhile since last there, but they have a swimming pool that one can use for a fee, sit by the pool have a few beers and wait for your flight...that is how to travel.

if you travel frequently (at least once a year) bangkok London, than it's worth buying only one way from bangkok. Fares from London are much cheaper than from bangkok.

if you have to fly directly to london look as well at eva airlines or even british airways - otherwise kuwaitairways has recently very good deals

There is an interesting phenomena that takes place in Thailand during tight economic times.., as in 1997...

Many businesses and hotels "INCREASE" their prices instead of reducing them.

Has anyone recently experienced this?

I haven't looked for a hotel or needed to be involved in the "tourist" related industry for a while. So I haven't noticed it first hand.

Regarding flights...

Depending where you are going and which airlines you can find cheaper flights.... but not with Thai Airways for the moment.... however there are rumors that the Thai Gov't is working with TA since it owns part of the airline to provide a subsidized airfare program.

Places like the USA are still ridiculously high because even when the airfare itself drops... the Homeland Security ralted "9/11" security tax, luggage fees, etc. can bring the flight cost up to double. Pretty horrific if you ask me.

Eva

Asiana

China Air

Quantas Emerites

JAL

and even my favorite Singapore Airlines are less expensive that TA right now

The website doesn't usually show discounted economy. Best to look on agent sites like westeast..

I just realised you're flying TO London.. For some reason they are more than double on all airlines! Maybe because it's high season in the UK and low in Thailand..

there are always higher air fares from bangkok than from London, season doesn't matter.

even if it was true that early may is high season in london, the fares should be high on the way to London and low back to thailand.

I just realised you're flying TO London.. For some reason they are more than double on all airlines! Maybe because it's high season in the UK and low in Thailand..

there are always higher air fares from bangkok than from London, season doesn't matter.

even if it was true that early may is high season in london, the fares should be high on the way to London and low back to thailand.

It's the outbound part that matters. The return hardly adds anything to the price of a single flight..

Flights on TG to BKK at that time are only about £500 in discounted economy. The cheapest non stop.

Thai Airways has already started discounting internal flights.

Cheaper international flights into Thailand are being discussed between the Thai government (who own 53% of the airline) and Thai Airways. The Thai government wants to make the cut-price international fares as part of a broader strategy to increase tourism. That means getting people in the hotel industry and package deal operators on board.

Finally, they have to coordinate the advertising for a worldwide tourism push for Thai tourism, of which the cheap fares will be a leading part. Thai Airways last met with the government in late January, at which I assume the cheaper domestic fares were agreed, as they happened almost immediately after.

When they start the cheap international fares, you won't be able to miss it, because it'll be in newspapers, and on TV and radio ads in every overseas market worth talking about.