Best Pizza Restaurant On Samui

Normally when I am in Samui I manage to get in one night at La Dolce Vita (I think that is how to spell it) in Chaweng. Always found the pizza and resaurant as a whole to be very good.

But...............am i missing somewhere better?

Any others I should try?

My opinion by italian in the same sector (not interested because I stay in KPG) about the best pizza in Samui: Via Vai, 100% the best.

Wood fire oven, napolitan pizza man, napolitan owner (the best pizza in Italy come from Napoli), the best ingredients, the right thickness, etc etc

PS: I don't know the owner/manager of Via Vai

Normally when I am in Samui I manage to get in one night at La Dolce Vita (I think that is how to spell it) in Chaweng. Always found the pizza and resaurant as a whole to be very good.

never tried the pizza but they do a mean spinach and ricotta cannelloni in that joint.

the pizza joint across from green mango is actually better than expected. or maybe it's only good after a full night on the grog.

yYah, Antica Locanda is excellent, also the rest of the dishes are first class as well. There is a newer Italian a bit further towards Big Buddha called Rustico which does good pizzas too, one of the owners used to be the manager at Vechia Nappoli in Chaweng.

Good old Hercules! :o .

He do great pastas but i personally dont like his pizzas. But thats personal taste, many people seem to like them though....

In Lamai best pizza with wood oven at Yellow, where the beach road turn 90 degress towards the muaithai box camp.

Yes they use wood oven and their pizzas are crispy and well made. I tried pizzas all over samui, this is the best. prices are ok. but DONT buy any of their juices etc. it sucks.

In Lamai best pizza with wood oven at Yellow, where the beach road turn 90 degress towards the muaithai box camp.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. The pizza I had, made by a foreigner, was about as tasty as pizza crust covered with ketchup. I'm serious. It was bland and had no zest whatsoever. To be honest, I was shocked at how awful it was. This "stone oven" thing is pretty overrated when you turn out cardboard crap like this.

But I encourage everyone to go and try this pizza for yourself. Maybe you will like it; others seem to, unless they are proprietors there.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. The pizza I had, made by a foreigner, was about as tasty as pizza crust covered with ketchup. I'm serious. It was bland and had no zest whatsoever. To be honest, I was shocked at how awful it was. This "stone oven" thing is pretty overrated when you turn out cardboard crap like this.

But I encourage everyone to go and try this pizza for yourself. Maybe you will like it; others seem to, unless they are proprietors there.

Mark, i'm italian....but from the north part, so I'm used to thin pizza, the Napoli style is thick.

yellow has the best thin pizza in Lamai, tried all, half of them impossible to digest. Thick pizza New York/Napoli style must be made very carefully.

I agree that at Yellow the basic list of pizzas are a bit poor on toppings, but you could put more stuff on the pizza, just ask, 50+ baht every choise, ahhhhh, expensive samui... :o

I've found the pizza at Catcandoo bangrak to be excellent. I believe they also have a pizza bar at the Green Mango catcandoo as well. Though more American than Italian. the owner is from the USA and makes his pizza dough fresh everyday. Lots of toppings and they also delver around the local area. My favourite is the seafood special MMMMMMMNNNNNNN :o

another spot is the italian in ban rak forgot his name..
L´Antica Locanda,but I think the best italian pizza on Samui can´t eat on Via Vai,Chaweng center opposite to Dolce Vita..

wasn't it "Bahia" or something like that?

IMHO the "Via Vai" wood fired oven pizza is as good as the one produced @ in wood fired oven @ "Pinocchio's" - Chaweng

And the small place called "la Trattoria" left part of the "Green Mango Horse shoe", has (imho) outstanding, low priced Italian food, great service and friendly owners too!

i found the pregoto have a very good ones. it is expensive..

Antica locanda?

I like café cuccina in mae nam. He has really good pizzas. Prego in chaweng is also good.

Yes PREGO is pretty good, but OUTSTANDING Expensive too!

Edited by Samuian

And the small place called "la Trattoria" left part of the "Green Mango Horse shoe", has (imho) outstanding, low priced Italian food, great service and friendly owners too!

Low price AND italian food are oxymoron... :D

Take pasta for example, original cost in Italy is very low (even with last year increase), close to rice, so penne with shrimp here should cost 50b instead of 500b...add 50b to transport of pasta from italy if there is no ather brand around that make it using the same type of wheat....

And just to add another comparison, close to my house in Italy I go to pizzeria Via Vai (!), 7E every kind of crusty big pizza, coke free.

In south italy for 7E probably you get pizza for all the week :o ...

Ahhh, I like cheap Thailand.....

L´Antica Locanda,but I think the best italian pizza on Samui can´t eat on Via Vai,Chaweng center opposite to Dolce Vita..

IMHO the "Via Vai" wood fired oven pizza is as good as the one produced @ in wood fired oven @ "Pinocchio's" - Chaweng

Antica locanda?

I like café cuccina in mae nam. He has really good pizzas. Prego in chaweng is also good.

Samuian do you mean Alla Baiai (excuse spelling) in Fishermans Village opposite the Lord Nelson? Have had good and also ordinary pizza there.

Agree with earlier poster that Juzza Pizza in FV is good (but not cheap).

mmmmmmmmmmm.....pizzzzzzzzaaaaaaaa!!! :o

Antica Locanda in Bang Rak has ok pizza, but outstanding Calzone! Really thich and cheesy with lots of filling and the dough just right. I find their pizzas too thin and cardboard like. In Maenam, the Pizza at Cucina right across from Santiburi is really good, lots of choice and nice medium thick crust. The best one on island so far for me is a little Pizza place in lamai, on the beach road only one or two hundred metres before the lady boxing area, same side but can't remember the name. I live in Bophut but go there sometimes for my Pizza fix. Run by a bald headed Italian man and his Thai wife. Anyone know the name?

There's no point in comparing pizza in Thailand to pizza in Italy price wise. In Italy it's cheap and tasty, in Thailand it's expensive and, erm, variable quality. Same goes for pasta. In fact, same goes for everything Italian!

Lets' say that Pizza in Italy is not cheaper then Samui, nowadays a simple Margherita (tomato and mozzarella)

in Italy is around 7 Eur about 380 Thb.

Say if a pizza is good or not is a personal taste, obviously a pizza with Ketchup rather then fresh tomato sauce

can't be any good, but an average American will not be satisfy with a Pizza in Italy, too poor in topping for them...

Almost the same for Australians, they like thick and with many stuff on top.

Many Italian's rest. owners must accommodate the taste of the tourists rather then make a real Italian pizza, even if they could.

But to reply the OP, if he likes a real Italian pizza, I would recommend first of all to check if the Pizzeria is run by an Italian,

La dolce Vita has been open from an Italian, but since few years is a Thai Restaurant with Italian name as too many on this island.

My opinion about pizza (for Pasta and other Italian food the below hit parade would be different) :

- Best pizza ever VECCHIA NAPOLI Chaweng

- Antica Locanda

- Prego

- Pinocchio

- LAMAI go to Tropicana electric oven and thin but taste good

- Caffe Cucina

Forget Via Vai, use to be nice but after few problems and after opening Baci Rest. the Via Vai quality is gone forever,

unfo also the bad small coming from the sewerage just outside the entrance make almost impossible to enjoy food there anymore.

I've found the pizza at Catcandoo bangrak to be excellent. I believe they also have a pizza bar at the Green Mango catcandoo as well. Though more American than Italian. the owner is from the USA and makes his pizza dough fresh everyday. Lots of toppings and they also delver around the local area. My favourite is the seafood special MMMMMMMNNNNNNN :o

Sorry I do not know the place, but make my laugh because the name without t Cacando in Italian means... ehm ehm

you know when you are sit on toilette doing the big stuff... sorry do not want be rude, but is funny....

Antica locanda?

Samuian do you mean Alla Baiai (excuse spelling) in Fishermans Village opposite the Lord Nelson? Have had good and also ordinary pizza there.

Agree with earlier poster that Juzza Pizza in FV is good (but not cheap).

mmmmmmmmmmm.....pizzzzzzzzaaaaaaaa!!! :o

Yes, see places may change with the chef or ownership... was (once) really good...

However, people complain about the "high price" and the "low" price and compare to Italy.... well, then go to the local market or an Isaan Restaurant and get filled up to the rim for maybe 100-200 Baht - now that is value!

I think that many of the pizzas and foreign dishes are overpriced.... but then, who needs "italian food" it's a luxury out here and I think 280 Baht for a pizza isn't exactly "expensive", but anywhere near 400 ThB is!

The best one on island so far for me is a little Pizza place in lamai, on the beach road only one or two hundred metres before the lady boxing area, same side but can't remember the name. I live in Bophut but go there sometimes for my Pizza fix. Run by a bald headed Italian man and his Thai wife. Anyone know the name?

Boomerang is the name. Strange name for an Italian Restaurant in Thailand, but yes, very good pizza.

The best one on island so far for me is a little Pizza place in lamai, on the beach road only one or two hundred metres before the lady boxing area, same side but can't remember the name. I live in Bophut but go there sometimes for my Pizza fix. Run by a bald headed Italian man and his Thai wife. Anyone know the name?

Boomerang is the name. Strange name for an Italian Restaurant in Thailand, but yes, very good pizza.

Not so, if "the Italian" has Italian roots, but is from Australia!

However, a visit is in order, love good pizza!

Ive deleted one post.

it is one thing to recommend places (or a place) you enjoy. but advertising is against forum rules. if you wish to advertise a commercial place / business of any sort you can do so by contacting

sales[at]thaivisa.com

replace [at] with @