43 Pub-goers Rounded Up For Abusing Drug At Illegal Pub

george

43 pub-goers rounded up for abusing drug at illegal pub

BANGKOK: -- Police rounded up 43 pub-goers at a Bangkok pub without license late Tuesday night after they tested positive to drug abuses.

Police raided the T2 Pub and Karaoke on Soi Ratchadapisek 18 in Huay Kwang district late Tuesday night and found about 100 people drinking and dancing.

Police said 43 of them tested positive to drug abuses so they were arrested. Twenty-three of them are women.

Police also arrested Chalermchai Saengnoom, 40, the manager for allegedly running an entertainment place without a license.

-- The Nation 2009-02-18

:D:D there use to be a girl posting here until she was recently banned.....I'm wondering two things; was she one of the pub-goers & secondly, no doubt she would see that these people have been targetted unfairly.

As for me, I think anyone thats doing drugs here or anywhere is a fool! 1 more to the boyz in brown :o

43 pub-goers rounded up for abusing drug at illegal pub

BANGKOK: -- Police rounded up 43 pub-goers at a Bangkok pub without license late Tuesday night after they tested positive to drug abuses.

Police raided the T2 Pub and Karaoke on Soi Ratchadapisek 18 in Huay Kwang district late Tuesday night and found about 100 people drinking and dancing.

Police said 43 of them tested positive to drug abuses so they were arrested. Twenty-three of them are women.

Police also arrested Chalermchai Saengnoom, 40, the manager for allegedly running an entertainment place without a license.

-- The Nation 2009-02-18

Never heard about this night spot, is it a Thai Thai place ? No commission for taxis who send customers there ?

T2 owner: Didn't pay extortion money to the scum= go to jail

Santika owner: Did pay extortion money to the scum = free man

A sad indictment of the Thai system of "justice" and the rule of "law" but so true.

As for the tw@ts caught doing drugs, well whatever you think of the law it is the law and if you break it prepare to take the consequences. Unless, that is, daddy is well connected then refer to jj's rule #1 above.

Thai law : An oxymoron if ever there was one. :o

Yah like prohibition worked in the 30s. Like the war on drugs is working now. I have noticed a lot of self rightous people on this forum. Why is that.

All the war on drugs is doing is making certain people rich like it did in the 30s in the USA and stregthen crime organization and corruption in our police and politicians. Give it a rest.

Given that the Bangkok metro want to take over the granting and enforcement of these licenses on the grounds that the police are not doing a effective job; I suppose that this is the start of the police trying to demonstrate that they can do the job. I can imagine that the loss of this source of tea money could be quite painful. More to come I expect.

There are no simple answers to drugs. Prohibition does not rid society of drugs, however there are historical examples of what happens when there are a free for all. in the 80's 90's alcohol abuse caused a massive drop in the average life expectancy of Russian men and the collapse of china in the late 19th-early 20th centuries is connected to the 25%+ rates of addition to opium in the general population. Prohibition does seem to be the least worse thing to do.

Edited by hazz

Lets just hope the convicted drug takers go to jail,and they round up the sellers.Lets get the scum away from society

in the civilised world drug users are left alone or asked to do detox - it's pushers and smugglers who eventually should be jailed.

arresting almost half of the pub goers on a most probably trumped up charges is just plain stupid and the only purpose of it was to terrorise the pub owners in bangkok to get more extortion money - arresting the manager is not enough punishement, we will arrest all your customers as well.

it's a known fact, that it's the police who pushes a lot of drugs in thailand, I have a first hand sad experience of it from my family

Yah like prohibition worked in the 30s. Like the war on drugs is working now. I have noticed a lot of self rightous people on this forum. Why is that.

All the war on drugs is doing is making certain people rich like it did in the 30s in the USA and stregthen crime organization and corruption in our police and politicians. Give it a rest.

ok you are right and i am wrong.

you dont agree with my point and i dont give a fxxx about your point.keep smoking the wakkie bakkie and i hope you get caught

Lets just hope the convicted drug takers go to jail,and they round up the sellers.Lets get the scum away from society

in the civilised world drug users are left alone or asked to do detox - it's pushers and smugglers who eventually should be jailed.

arresting almost half of the pub goers on a most probably trumped up charges is just plain stupid and the only purpose of it was to terrorise the pub owners in bangkok to get more extortion money - arresting the manager is not enough punishement, we will arrest all your customers as well.

it's a known fact, that it's the police who pushes a lot of drugs in thailand, I have a first hand sad experience of it from my family

thats why i say round up the sellers and get the scum in jail.

So another potential fire hazard.

I do not condone hard drugs - especially the selling of them - but as we do not yet have details of the drugs used why are they 'scum?'

Can people not have the odd puff on a joint in this day and age without being labelled scum? many a pensioner has a joint to relieve the arthritis in their - joints. Are they also scum?

:D:D there use to be a girl posting here until she was recently banned.....I'm wondering two things; was she one of the pub-goers & secondly, no doubt she would see that these people have been targetted unfairly.

As for me, I think anyone thats doing drugs here or anywhere is a fool! 1 more to the boyz in brown :o

"1 more to the boyz in brown"...... you mean they have less competition in the sale of illegal substances after this arrest ? :D

Edited by dee123

Self-righteous people like this poster make my blood boil. Why should drug takers go to jail? Like all human beings , they have the right to choose how they live. If they choose to go to a club and all do that , whats it to you ?

Why can't people mind their own business and let others live how they want to?

cops used this pub as scapegoat to show off their power - they did not find dealers, drugs or any paraphenalia on the premises. Drugs in the blood show weeks after being used, some medicines will as well show up on police tests as recreational drugs. Arresting and charging punters on such weak grunt is just poinless. There are thousands of heavy drug users laying half alive on the streets of bangkok and nobody bothers about them, even ambulances just pass by

Self-righteous people like this poster make my blood boil. Why should drug takers go to jail? Like all human beings , they have the right to choose how they live. If they choose to go to a club and all do that , whats it to you ?

Why can't people mind their own business and let others live how they want to?

So true. Sure is a lot of righteous thought among the posters. Live and let live. I don't do drugs or even drink, but it's none of my business what others do. Righteous usually means, "I am RIGHT and you are WRONG!"

first of all lets define DRUG .a mind altering substance with tendancies to addiction the most widely abused DRUGS in the world are alchol and tobaco now if you use either of these may be you could be accused of self abuse and perhaps remove yourself from society with the rest of the SCUM. Or perhaps you sit at the right hand of God.