Klx250 Full Power

bpimpb

Its pretty similar to the speed restrict on the cbr250 you can buy a box of tricks or just cut and reroute a wire. cut and reroute is so much cheaper.

I have removed quite a few speed limiters 100 mph on us trucks, when importing them to Europe.

As I understand, this Kawa 250 LOS/Euro3/Calif restrictor does not allow full rpm in 4-6 gear. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this Kawa 250 wire reroute removes the gear info to the ECU or give a false gear (1-3 gear) info to the ECU? It really doesnt matter, since the orginal power now is released, but nice to know :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have compared the Greeks method to our method and the difference he has not allowed for is the current coming from the green wire, he has diverted it back to the CPU, where we have components that absord that current and take it away, Im not too sure yet but their could be a chance over time that it might cook the CPU, thats what took us the most ammount of time perfecting our method was working out the right value of the components to avoid over heating the CPU. When we started out trying to derestrict these bikes we found a few different ways of doing it, some ways caused problems over time and cost us money (new CPUs)and the method we use now we didnt offer it out to anyone until we had over 3,000 klms of fault free riding, now with well over 6,000 klms still no problems and not one complaint from bikes we have derestricted. apparently going by the Thai D-Tracker web site some are having problems in second gear useing the CPU supplied by Kawasaki for 8,000 baht

John

the current coming from the green wire, he has diverted it back to the CPU (Aussiejon words)

The green wire that tranfers the current to the CPU since you cut it stays loose. If with telepathy or other magic manages to reach the CPU you have discovered tranferring electricity without wires.

You can see it with letter (D) in the picture with the instructions i provided earlier

Edited by stratosa

Everybody happy?! Free or not Free...i'm still looking for buddies to ride around BKK ...

:D :D

java script:add_smilie(":D","smid_16")java script:add_smilie(":D","smid_18")java script:add_smilie(":)","smid_35")

• 1 month later...
For 2,000 Baht I would be very interested to know what this guy could do... Anything I can think of what brings more power to the engine costs more then 2,000 Baht

132 km/h for FREE

1. Disconnect ECU from the rubber base (A)

2. Locate the light green wire (:)

3. Cut the light green wire close to ECU

4. Add a piece of wire to the light green wire (that you just have cut) to the side that comes out of the ECU (E) long enough to reach (F)

5. Disconnect (F)

6. Connect the wire you added in parallel to the black/red wire (G)

7. Connect again (F)

Ready

Anyone tried this method on their Dtracker/klx ? Work ok or not ?

Cheers for any info

Cheers for any info

1100 km done now on this simple wiring trick, no temperature increase in the ECU or rectitfier. No glitches, just ability to hit redline in the first five gears. I don't ride full out very much, happily keeping it under 6000 rpm at most times but highway travel.

Cheers for any info

1100 km done now on this simple wiring trick, no temperature increase in the ECU or rectitfier. No glitches, just ability to hit redline in the first five gears. I don't ride full out very much, happily keeping it under 6000 rpm at most times but highway travel.

Thanks !! :) Out with the wire cutters later today :D

• 4 months later...
Nobody must have the time to post some good pictures because they are all flying around on the modified klx's. Please, pretty please, post some good pictures.

No, they're out trying to sell the mod for 2000 baht... :)

When I had my D-Tracker, it somehow derestricted itself after the first service. Was a different bike after. Before the mod, the bike behaves just wrong in the upper gears, after, it behaves like a 250 should. Much, much better. It also uses more fuel, but hey, that's the price you pay. Used to get 28 - 30 km/l restricted, and then less than 25 unrestricted.

• 3 months later...

Any updates on this mod ?

I hesitate between doing the "cut it myself" mod, the 8000B official box or the 2000 B made in Chiang Mai box.

Any real difference between these 3 mods ?

thanks for your help

I know its off topic but who's gonna do a 351cc bigbore on their KLX250/DTracker?

Some guy did a 331cc bigbore with the Power Commander

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ht=big+bore+efi

Unless something sweeter shows up at the Motor Show (Yamaha WR250X please!) I'll probably get a DTracker later this year.

Naturally I want the fastest one possible but maybe one of you current owners is willing to try a 351BB for us right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on this mod ?

I hesitate between doing the "cut it myself" mod, the 8000B official box or the 2000 B made in Chiang Mai box.

Any real difference between these 3 mods ?

thanks for your help

Bite the bullet get your wire cutters out spend 5 mins and its all done, no worries hassle free performance derestriction, i am still very happy with mine

• 1 month later...

I finally did it !

Took me so little time and brought me so much joy ! :)

Thanks Stratosa for the tip, i just made a quick test run, went about 130km/h very easily

This MOD is great, cheap and now i feel like i have a new bike !

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Like so many other people that have brought a KLX250 I loved it but was disappointed with its lack of power. Especially going up mountains and a maximum speed of about 115 on the flat.

Luckily I have managed to find a guy that can derestrict the KLX250, Since he has done mine I can fly up mountains and maintain a speed of 131kmh all day long, if I tuck in then I see speeds of 140+.

He charged me 2000 baht to do the work needed. I have since done over 2500kms with no problems. The bike pulls threw out the rev range and feels a lot more responsive.

I am now a very happy owner

I will be happy to pass on his contact details should any one want them, send me a PM

Hi Guys, would new to this as you can tell!! Would really like the guys details in CM so I can get the ECU upgrade box for my KLX. Any chance someone can pass me his details.

Like so many other people that have brought a KLX250 I loved it but was disappointed with its lack of power. Especially going up mountains and a maximum speed of about 115 on the flat.

Luckily I have managed to find a guy that can derestrict the KLX250, Since he has done mine I can fly up mountains and maintain a speed of 131kmh all day long, if I tuck in then I see speeds of 140+.

He charged me 2000 baht to do the work needed. I have since done over 2500kms with no problems. The bike pulls threw out the rev range and feels a lot more responsive.

I will be happy to pass on his contact details should any one want them, send me a PM

Hi Guys, would new to this as you can tell!! Would really like the guys details in CM so I can get the ECU upgrade box for my KLX. Any chance someone can pass me his details.

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/klx-and-d-tracker-exhausts-and-derestricting-t5717.html

• 2 weeks later...

So they still sell these D Trackers with a restriction?

Did they not learn in the last 2 years?

I will buy 1 today in Pattaya ,when it cant do more than 115km/h it means it is restricted?

I asked the manager of the shop ,he says the D Tracker go's about 145 km/h ?

Problem is they dont allow you to test drive it ,and they are not shy to tell some lies if

this can conclude a deal.

I used to have a KLX and to be honest I did not have any issues (no mountains near me though) as above 90Kmh I considered the bike very unstable and affected by any breeze or cross wind. It would scare me going over a flyover at times when the cross wind would hit me.

• 2 weeks later...

So they still sell these D Trackers with a restriction?

Did they not learn in the last 2 years?

I will buy 1 today in Pattaya ,when it cant do more than 115km/h it means it is restricted?

I asked the manager of the shop ,he says the D Tracker go's about 145 km/h ?

Problem is they dont allow you to test drive it ,and they are not shy to tell some lies if

this can conclude a deal.

Ok , i did de wire cutting today,

real simple

the result : i "little" more power,but not more than 120 km/h

So,whats alle this fuss?

As a thought all he did was take off the exhaust and bash out what ever restricter Kawasaki had put in there. Normal sort of stuff we did in the Uk on the restricted 125's..............might be wrong though :D

"maintain a speed of 131kmh all day long, if I tuck in then I see speeds of 140+. " love that 131.....131 wow that's anal :o:D

Allan

My stock exaust has plenty (hundreds) of holes in it ,and can be pulled out.

For 2,000 Baht I would be very interested to know what this guy could do... Anything I can think of what brings more power to the engine costs more then 2,000 Baht

132 km/h for FREE

1. Disconnect ECU from the rubber base (A)

2. Locate the light green wire (:)

3. Cut the light green wire close to ECU

4. Add a piece of wire to the light green wire (that you just have cut) to the side that comes out of the ECU (E) long enough to reach (F)

5. Disconnect (F)

6. Connect the wire you added in parallel to the black/red wire (G)

7. Connect again (F)

Ready

I just did it and the maX is only 120 km/h with 10 000 rpm

so "a little bit "better

Edited by lucjoker

What exactly did he change?

In Pattaya they change the exhaust (17000 bht and they add a little black box this is 12000 bht .So 30 000 bht to gain 10km/h ?????

Its a 250 single 4 stroke.. What do you expect ??

In order of mods I would think

ECU (free)

Quality pipe (20k - 35k) With header

Fueling mods via 2Bros juicebox or power commander

Those should get you up to about 140.. Unless your a fat bastrad like me.

After that you get into the very experimental.. There are 300cc barrels from the KLX300.. Theres 331 and 351 bore kits. Threads on thumper talk mention someone getting the 331 working fine with stock injectors and upgraded ecu (2 Bros from memory) thats should get it into the high 20's hp, maybe 30..

With some hot cams and the 351cc bore it should start to come alive.. Must admit I am tempted to give it a play, thats a lot of machine for around 200k.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an unused genuine kawasaki KDX 'snorkel' (part# 14073-1577) that fits the KLX250 or D-Tracker which allows it to 'breath' better (perform better?), it's free if you buy my helmet I currently have for sale.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/o-neal-9-series-carbon-fibre-kevlar-motocross-helmet-81691.html