Any Big Bookstore In Bangkok

GRTH

hi guys,

i am on a trip to bangkok..

alot of my friends has ask me to books / magazine back home to them..

can someone introduce me some big bookstores where they have alot of books and magazines..

p.s. some of the guys has ask me to buy adult magazines as well..

anywhere where i can buy those also ?

please advice..

thansk alot!

hi guys,

can someone introduce me some big bookstores where they have alot of books and magazines..

please advice..

thansk alot!

Asia books. :D:o:D:D

hi guys,

please advice..

thansk alot!

Asia books. :D:o:D:D

or you can search the forum bottom left,,,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Book...p;hl=Bookstores

Nearly All Books should be Cheaper in your Home Country , Especially if Store has Sale on . As for Magazines ,, most again are same price ,, And Adult books are not Available in Thailand at all.. There is a Magazine called Dark Asia ,, but would not class it as "Adult"

If you go to any off the Big Malls can find large bookstores ,, Emporium .. at Prong Pong BTS comes to mind .

And Adult books are not Available in Thailand at all.

There is a Thai edition of Penthouse. Haven't bought it for a while but they definitely had nudity before. No hardcore of course, just topless. He'd probably be better of buying some dvds in Pantip though.

And yeah, Kinokunia is the largest and best bookstore you will find.

Try 'Kinokuniya' 3rd floor Emporium, Paragon, Central World etc. Way better than Asia books. Books here are cheaper than Australia. Not sure about the rest of the world.
Seconded. Kinokuniya is the best choice. The Paragon store is the biggest, but you can shop their catalog per-store online to see which branch has what you want. You can even have it delivered if you like, though the charge is a little steep (I did it once to see how it worked).

• 6 months later...
AFAIK, the biggest bookstore in BKK is the new Chula University bookstore. Depending on the subject matter that you're after, the Chula shop is excellent!

Simon

Simon. That post is misleading and asking for chaos.

The new Chula bookstore (just South of the campus on the top floor of the business semi-skyscraper) by floor size might be the biggest but it certainly doesn't have the most English books in BKK.

Chula has two other book stores. One right next to Siam Square (south of Siam BTS) which has the most English books (but certainly not as many as Kinokuniya at the Emporium) and a bookstore in the centre of the campus with a small number of English books.

Kinokuniya has the biggest. Siam paragon branch is Mandarin language orientated, Central World is Japanese language orientated, Emporium branch is English orientated. All have English books.

Of course if you want academic books then Chula's big store or Thammasat's store at Tha Prachan are the way to go.

http://maps.google.co.th/maps/ms?hl=en&amp...c6c058a75cfc831

Try 'Kinokuniya' 3rd floor Emporium, Paragon, Central World etc. Way better than Asia books. Books here are cheaper than Australia. Not sure about the rest of the world.
Seconded. Kinokuniya is the best choice. The Paragon store is the biggest, but you can shop their catalog per-store online to see which branch has what you want. You can even have it delivered if you like, though the charge is a little steep (I did it once to see how it worked).

Agreed.

I spend a couple of thousand baht a month on novels; generally at Paragon Kinokuniya although I find a better selection of semi-literature (i.e. non-formula) novels at the Emporium branch. Asia Books by Asok MRT / BTS has an excellent selection of novels (probably better than Kinokuniya for the style I prefer to read).

Paragon Kinokuniya and the magazine shop just outside the store are your magazine heaven. Chula bookstore has very few novels in English other than 90 baht 'classics', but it's a great bookshop for academic titles.

In my opinion the best used bookstore is a place called Shamen on the Koh San road. As for adult books, what are you referring to picture books? If so you can pick thoses up at the Chukchujat weekend market. Adult erotica literary publications are limited here. Try 'private Dancer' by Stephen Leather which you can pick up in Asia books.

Speaking purely about magazines, the best selection of imported magazines can be found at Kinokuniya, Asia Books and B2S. The same distribution company is used by both so the selection is rarely different. I would say Kinokuniya at Siam Paragon has the largest selection of imported titles. On price, you can expect to pay about 100-150 per cent more than the original cover price.

For Thai magazines I think the best selection in the center of Bangkok is probably at B2S - either their branches at Central World or Central Chitlom. If you're prepared to venture out you should check out Se-Ed and Nai-In which are also exclusively Thai language bookshops. Thai language magazines sell for anything from 25 baht up to 200 baht. Most sell in the 80-100 baht range.

One more suggestion. There are a few places at Chatuchak Weekend Market where you can get copies of English magazines at reasonable prices. These copies come off the airlines so are no normally pristine, however you can get them for about 10-20 per cent of what you would pay in places like Kinokuniya and Asia Books. The advantage here is that you often get to see magazines that never appear elsewhere in Thailand, from places like Singapore and South Africa.

I hope this helps.

I found the Chula Uni bookstore yesterday, on the ground floor of the British Council bldg, Siam Sq.

Very helpful staff...... highly recommended. :D Open air coffee shop, 50 m away. :)

See my map link in my post above. There are three Chula bookshops.

Old thread but for the record: there is a very large used and end lot book store on the 4th floor of AMARIN PLAZA, accessible off the Chit Lom BTS walkway. (even side of Suk.) Sorry, I forget the name, but it is in the front left corner. Until the end of this month, they are having a B199/Kilo book sale, many titles to chose from.

The only real annoyance is nothing is organized alphabetically by either title or author.

Another good used bookshop is DASA BOOK CAFE on Sukhumvit between Sois 26 & 28. (Phrom Phung BTS) They have several floors of books, are reasonably priced and very well organized.

You can search their inventory online at WWW.dasabookcafe.com or call 02 661 2993.