Dear Mr. NeverDie

sbk

Dear astute ever logical Mr Neverdie,

Why is it that men complain that women talk too much, but then go on to waffle about this or that for hours at a time.

Ie: I always see a regular group of men who gather at a cafe for a chat. Sometimes ive been invited to join in with them. Nice guys, but one hour max and im usually exhausted by the chitter chatter. Even if i go off to do my shopping or some errand or other, when i pass them a couple of hours later, there they still are! (Maybe its just the subject matter that doesnt stimulat me much. Or maybe they keep the chatter safe when im around, and the juicy talk picks up again after i leave. :D )

Big bunch of gossips they are too btw..and on that subject...

Why do men say women gossip (when they arent actually gossiping anyway!), then go ahead and "gossip" like fish wives? :D Ie: Start to tell my bf about something that happened. He looks at me sideways and asks if its gossip stuff, cuz he doesnt like to hear gossip stuff. I give him a poke in the side and tell him its NOT gossip! I DONT gossip! After i tell my story he says..see..i knew it would be gossip. :D Well..after that..he starts to tell about his day or something that happened..in MUCH more detail and for far longer than I would... and bah.. well..you get the picture...

MEN! :)

EEK, they are not inviting you to join in the conversation is as much you give them something nice to look.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear astute ever logical Mr Neverdie,

Why is it that men complain that women talk too much, but then go on to waffle about this or that for hours at a time.

Ie: I always see a regular group of men who gather at a cafe for a chat. Sometimes ive been invited to join in with them. Nice guys, but one hour max and im usually exhausted by the chitter chatter. Even if i go off to do my shopping or some errand or other, when i pass them a couple of hours later, there they still are! (Maybe its just the subject matter that doesnt stimulat me much. Or maybe they keep the chatter safe when im around, and the juicy talk picks up again after i leave. :D )

Big bunch of gossips they are too btw..and on that subject...

Why do men say women gossip (when they arent actually gossiping anyway!), then go ahead and "gossip" like fish wives? :D Ie: Start to tell my bf about something that happened. He looks at me sideways and asks if its gossip stuff, cuz he doesnt like to hear gossip stuff. I give him a poke in the side and tell him its NOT gossip! I DONT gossip! After i tell my story he says..see..i knew it would be gossip. :D Well..after that..he starts to tell about his day or something that happened..in MUCH more detail and for far longer than I would... and bah.. well..you get the picture...

MEN! :)

Thanks for the chuckle, eek. :D

Most men talk as much as women. We just talk about different things. My father was a taciturn type who seldom spoke at all. My mother was the opposite and I take after her. Many people have one tracked minds and won't listen to anything other than their own narrow interests. By contrast, some people will actually LISTEN to what others have to say before trying to change the subject.

My daughter is a lovely person, but I never bother telling her stories of my fishing trips or adventures in Thailand. She's just not interested. But, get her started on computers and she'll go on about them all day. My son and his wife are much more relaxed and discuss a variety of topics.

Have you ever listened to bridge fanatics? They'll discuss for hours some minute detail that happened in a game months ago. New mothers are all into whatever their child has done that particular day and will discuss it in minute detail. Different strokes for different folks.