From Suvarnabhum To Chiang Mai At Night

ungu

On the next Saturday, I will fly from Chiang Mai to Bangkok in the afternoon. I have to pick up someone from the Suvarnabhum airport. The plane will arrive at 20.15 (with possible delay). Let's say after the immigration and luggage stuff, we can come out from the airport at 21.00.

We have to go back to Chiang Mai as soon as possible, because my wife in Chiang Mai can give birth at any moment soon.

What is the fastest transportation option that we can take, considering that it already late at night.

- The last plane that fly to Chiang Mai leave at 20.45 (CMIIW), so we cannot catch it

- The bus station is at another side of the city, it could take one hour or more to get there (Saturday = busy hours), and by the time we get there, the bus may already be gone and close the service for the day (CMIIW), they close at 22.00 right?

- Is there any daily shared shuttle/minivan that goes to Chiang Mai at that hour?

- My last option would be hire a minivan privately for going one way from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, does anyone know the cost?

- or is there any other options?

Any answers or ideas will be very much appreciated.

On the next Saturday, I will fly from Chiang Mai to Bangkok in the afternoon. I have to pick up someone from the Suvarnabhum airport. The plane will arrive at 20.15 (with possible delay). Let's say after the immigration and luggage stuff, we can come out from the airport at 21.00.

We have to go back to Chiang Mai as soon as possible, because my wife in Chiang Mai can give birth at any moment soon.

What is the fastest transportation option that we can take, considering that it already late at night.

- The last plane that fly to Chiang Mai leave at 20.45 (CMIIW), so we cannot catch it

- The bus station is at another side of the city, it could take one hour or more to get there (Saturday = busy hours), and by the time we get there, the bus may already be gone and close the service for the day (CMIIW), they close at 22.00 right?

- Is there any daily shared shuttle/minivan that goes to Chiang Mai at that hour?

- My last option would be hire a minivan privately for going one way from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, does anyone know the cost?

If you can get to the other airport in time, you can get on this flight...

Thai Airways Intl (TG 1124)

dep: 22:15 - Bangkok (DMK) terminal D

arr: 23:25 - Chiang Mai (CNX)

the bus doesnt go after 9pm. I do have a regular (very good) driver I use when the Mrs and I go to Pattaya and Hua Hin, new car (accord). Very reliable - safe. Not sure of the cost to Chiang Mai. PM me if you want more details.

the bus doesnt go after 9pm. I do have a regular (very good) driver I use when the Mrs and I go to Pattaya and Hua Hin, new car (accord). Very reliable - safe. Not sure of the cost to Chiang Mai. PM me if you want more details.

bkkjames,unlucky last night,we just got the deserved goal.Any chance of the guys name and number and cost from Bkk too Hua Hin??.

goonerthegooner

I thought the old airport is not used anymore. If that flight were from Suvarnabhum, I think we can make it.

If from the old airport, we should be there already at 21.15 for check in at the latest.

I don't think we can make it.

I thought the old airport is not used anymore. If that flight were from Suvarnabhum, I think we can make it.

If from the old airport, we should be there already at 21.15 for check in at the latest.

I don't think we can make it.

check with TG on this as they are moving back to Suvarnabhumi in March I believe (all flights).

I will be doing the same thing next month. I contacted someone who advertises in the ThaiVisa classified section and was quoted 7000 + some baht for an "older" van or 8000 + some baht for a newer van. I am sure the above is plus gas/diesel. If driving my own car it would take about 8 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to share information for anyone who might need it.

The plane (AirAsia) was landed at 19.45 at Suvarnabhumi, and we got out of the airport 1 hour later (20.45).

We took a taxi to Nakhonchai Air bus station (at Cathuchak area) for 30 minutes (280+50 baht), and arrived at 21.15.

Few days earlier I already reserved for a VIP bus (605 baht per person) to Chiang Mai that leave at 21.45. We arrived 9.5 hours later at 7.15 the next morning (as scheduled).

So, maybe, if everything is on time (the flight has no delay, and road traffic is good) like last night, I might still be able to catch the 22.15 Thai Airways flight from Don Muang. Because the last time for check-in is usually 45 minutes before (21.30). It means we have only 45 minutes window time for taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang.