Passport

micky1965

can anyone help me can u enter thailand if your passport will expire within 6 months at the time of arrival . ive spoke to immo today and british embassy all i keep getting is yes from immo and no from the embassy.ive just brought my mum a ticket for the 14th march to come and vist me but her passport expires in august 09 so only 5 months . and she hasan't got time to renew in the uk unless she goes there but she is to old to do that .

I would say it's 95% likely she won't have a problem, but there is a chance...

Very unlikely Thai immigration would pick up on it, but the airline might and may refuse to allow her to fly. Might be worth giving them a call, but I would imagine you would get a corporate response

Is there not some kind of express service that the passport office do? Good luck with it all.

I guess she will need a thai visa in her passport to be allowed to enter the country within those 6 months before expiry.

That's a good idea - you could get a single entry tourist visa within 3 days if you send it by special delivery to Hull or similar. I just got a new non-o from Hull, I sent it Monday and had it back on Friday. Call them first and check that they don't have a problem with the 6 months rule. That way the airline couldn't turn her away......could they?

can anyone help me can u enter thailand if your passport will expire within 6 months at the time of arrival . ive spoke to immo today and british embassy all i keep getting is yes from immo and no from the embassy.ive just brought my mum a ticket for the 14th march to come and vist me but her passport expires in august 09 so only 5 months . and she hasan't got time to renew in the uk unless she goes there but she is to old to do that .

Sorry to sound a bit odd here but if she can get to an airport, travel fot 12 hours on a cramped plane and deal with the heat of Thailand I'm sure she could get to a passport office and get a new one.

This from the website

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-urgen...r-two-weeks.asp or indeed http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-urgen...n-two-weeks.asp

If you are not travelling within the next two weeks there is no need for you to visit a Passport Office. We recommend that you use our Check & Send service or simply apply by post. How long does it take? We strongly advise that you do not book any travel arrangements until you have received your new passport...... I know its tight but can be done.

THANKS for all your usefull info .there is no way round it i have just found out they will not let my mum board the plane at lhr .so its a new passport which will be done by my sister this saturday on behalf of my mum .post office can't garauntee she will have it back in time . crazy rule if u ask me when u are only going for 2 weeks u need to have more the 6 months valid in your passport . thx again

My old man is 81,we went to London to renew our Passports,all done and dusted in 4 hours.Make a booking and collect it in the afternoon after 1500 hrs. cost about 110 Quid.

Express service,easy,no probs.

There are places all over the country that issue new Passports,do not take a chance get a new one.

The fact is that the airlines will not let you board with less than six months left on your passport. The bottom line, you can buy a ticket, but you cannot travel with only five months to the expiration date. Need to renew the passport.

Barry

What about a Eurostar, London St Pancras-Brussels? Does the 6 month rule apply?

The fact is that the airlines will not let you board with less than six months left on your passport. The bottom line, you can buy a ticket, but you cannot travel with only five months to the expiration date. Need to renew the passport.

Barry

What about a Eurostar, London St Pancras-Brussels? Does the 6 month rule apply?

Eurostar is merely a mode of transport.

You still have to get through passport control.