Problems With Renting Your Condos

Despite being ridiculed for posting anything which suggests buying and owning property

in Thailand is too risky, your story is a perfect example unfortunately of why sooner or later you'll be

taken for a ride in this country.

In Australia where I come from, any money paid to an agent this way is called trust money

and must be deposited into a trust account. The penalties for infringing this requirement in the smallest

possible way will lead to the real estate agent losing his/her license and could even

result in a jail term.

In an environment in which real estate developers want your money to build condominium development's

and to fulfill their own entrepreneurial goals again with no protection to the consumer, may be one day

people will realize just how uneven the playing field is in Thailand and you are much better off

investing your hard earned money in real estate in your own country.

Well I said that I would report back on this forum as to wether (UN) Fairproperties would stand by their statement that they are not trying to steal my money from the rentals of two of my condos, and that all money owed to me would be in my account by 3-3-09. Well I am here to say that they have NOT paid me my money. To anyone and every one I am warning you DO NOT USE FAIRPROPERTIES FOR ANY OF YOUR NEEDS. i HAVE LOST 60,000 BAHT. i HAVE HAD TO LITTERALLY BEG FOR MY OWN MONEY. fOR THE MONTHS THAT I HAVE USED THEM. TAKE HEED MY FRIENDS

Hello . sorry that I haven't gotten back for a while, Fairproperties has since i last posted returned 36,000 baht albeit over two months late, and I'm told I will receive the rest as soon as possible.

Despite being ridiculed for posting anything which suggests buying and owning property

in Thailand is too risky, your story is a perfect example unfortunately of why sooner or later you'll be

WOW, glad I did not read that 5 years ago or the 10,000,000 Baht I made in that time would of been lost.

Irregardless of what country you reside in or what business you participate in they all have there ups and downs. Thailand is no different.

My Return on my Investments on my property purchases in Thailand has been nothing short of fantastic. My worst year my ROI was 25% and my best year it was 135%, which I know far out strips any other form of investment I could have participated in.

Of course, I worked hard at it as I still do. I did my homework and examined all the possible alternatives before becoming involved in any project.

For my part, I could not be happier investing in the Pattaya and Jomtien area. And if anybody has property they want to sell in those locations they can fell free to PM me.

As for the individual who started this thread, I have done plenty of business in VT's various building and will buy your condos if you want to sell them.

WOW, glad I did not read that 5 years ago or the 10,000,000 Baht I made in that time would of been lost.

Irregardless of what country you reside in or what business you participate in they all have there ups and downs. Thailand is no different.

My Return on my Investments on my property purchases in Thailand has been nothing short of fantastic. My worst year my ROI was 25% and my best year it was 135%, which I know far out strips any other form of investment I could have participated in.

Of course, I worked hard at it as I still do. I did my homework and examined all the possible alternatives before becoming involved in any project.

For my part, I could not be happier investing in the Pattaya and Jomtien area. And if anybody has property they want to sell in those locations they can fell free to PM me.

As for the individual who started this thread, I have done plenty of business in VT's various building and will buy your condos if you want to sell them.

No I'm not interested,as I have no need to sell. But what are you looking for a pat on the back? I'd say that bragging is an unadmirable trait.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an incident with FairProperties when we wanted to rent our house on Pratamnak. We had the house listed with them and they used to call before they had clients that they wanted to show the property to. One day, one of the agents from Fairproperties called and asked my wife what she could get for showing the property to the client.. What this agent meant was that she wanted extra money in her pocket on top of the commission that the agency charges you for finding a tenant.. My wife ignored the question and just said they could come anytime. Later she told me what they had asked for.

I got so upset I went down to Fairproperties office (the one on the corner on Thappraya road) and I went in asking for the manager. To my suprise no one in the office seemed to speak english or understand what I said.. someone mumbled something about another office further down the street.. I managed to find their second office in one of the View Talay buildings and went in and in a friendly and polite way asked for the manager.

The girls in the office looked upset and one asked why I wanted to talk to the manager and I didn't reply but just asked again and again they asked why I wanted to talk to the manager (seemed like she was nervous..). Eventually they pointed me back to the first office that I just came from and I went back.

At the first office I again asked for the manager, this time a little bit upset and this time one lady seemed to understand (I don't speak cockney, I'm from Scandinavia) but said they didn't have a manager. So.. I asked for the owner, but she said the owner had not been at the office for several years..

No manager and no owner at this company???

Well I went home and whenever Fairproperties called again we said the house was rented already (which is was about 4 weeks later).

Won't be using them again, that's for sure.

We had an incident with FairProperties when we wanted to rent our house on Pratamnak. We had the house listed with them and they used to call before they had clients that they wanted to show the property to. One day, one of the agents from Fairproperties called and asked my wife what she could get for showing the property to the client.. What this agent meant was that she wanted extra money in her pocket on top of the commission that the agency charges you for finding a tenant.. My wife ignored the question and just said they could come anytime. Later she told me what they had asked for.

I got so upset I went down to Fairproperties office (the one on the corner on Thappraya road) and I went in asking for the manager. To my suprise no one in the office seemed to speak english or understand what I said.. someone mumbled something about another office further down the street.. I managed to find their second office in one of the View Talay buildings and went in and in a friendly and polite way asked for the manager.

The girls in the office looked upset and one asked why I wanted to talk to the manager and I didn't reply but just asked again and again they asked why I wanted to talk to the manager (seemed like she was nervous..). Eventually they pointed me back to the first office that I just came from and I went back.

At the first office I again asked for the manager, this time a little bit upset and this time one lady seemed to understand (I don't speak cockney, I'm from Scandinavia) but said they didn't have a manager. So.. I asked for the owner, but she said the owner had not been at the office for several years..

No manager and no owner at this company???

Well I went home and whenever Fairproperties called again we said the house was rented already (which is was about 4 weeks later).

Won't be using them again, that's for sure.

Hello Topprofile, Yes I am glad you came on this forum to tell your story, I had two condos that they were renting out for me, but no longer. They are not a trustworthy company to put it mildly. I waited two months to get the proceeds from my rentals and i am still waiting on the last 18,000 bht. I have had to ask for my money, when all they had to do was deposit it in my account as agreed upon. If any one is thinking of using Fairproperties you have been warned. They will not put YOUR Money in your account till you become a nuisance to them. If people do not bother them or check up on the occupancy they are probably pocketing all the rental income. When you do ask them why the money was not put into your account it sounds like this (They Forgot) (the person in charge of your account is out on vacation) (or the person in charge is out sick). Right now I'm getting, we will put the money in your account as soon as possible, I've heard that one for the past three weeks, but no money yet!

Why dont you (or anyone) send off an e-mail to Fair Properties, linking this post.

Any business owner with a brain larger than a pea would take this quite serious and answer at least the OP.... A bad reputation spreads fast....

If they dont answer OP and/or directly here on Thaivisa, they are most probably going out of business soon.....

Sure, going out of business and starting with a brand new business name, doing the same scam....very easy.

Edited by Scott123