Rayong

peregrine8

Hello All

We are wanting to do a family day trip to Rayong. Any suggestions on things to do, places to go, must see. My hubby just asked me about it this morning so I have had no time for planning or anything. So any advice/ help would be great. We will be taking our own vehicle.

Thanks Peregrine8

Hello All

We are wanting to do a family day trip to Rayong. Any suggestions on things to do, places to go, must see. My hubby just asked me about it this morning so I have had no time for planning or anything. So any advice/ help would be great. We will be taking our own vehicle.

Thanks Peregrine8

There is the Rayong Aquarium along the beach that is fun for kids. Closes by 4pm

Hello All

Thanks Peregrine8

Just skip it altogether and while you are there, go to Ban Phe and catch a ferry to Koh Samet. It's a day trip destination.

Can't remember the name of a 13km beach near Rayong - but it is sand fly infested and day after you may see dozens of mosquito like bites (they don't feel when they happen).

You could do a drive around the industrial estates and see all the petrochem industry.

Other than that there's nothing else in Rayong. If you want to do some 'active' things then Pattaya is better (Nong Nooch, Underwater World, Sri Racha Tiger Zoo, Khao Kheow Open Zoo).

If you want to go to the beach go next to the Sattahip Naval Base, it's the cleanest water around and shallow.

You could do a drive around the industrial estates and see all the petrochem industry.

Actually, it might be a good idea. Not much time left to take pictures in front of GM and Ford manufacturing plants before they disappear forever.

I have one picture from late 80s with a Pan Am logo in it. It was an icon, pretty much as GM and Ford.

Hurry up, GM has stepped up it's wealth destruction machine to burn 3 bil US$ a month (compared to only 2 bill shreaded each month over last 4 years).