Bangkok Pattaya Hospital: Doctors Error:

syd barrett

She may as well be dead,they claim no sign of brain activity.My understanding is she stopped breathing for a period of time,the doctor checked,declared her dead.If she has stopped breathing for a while,then there is a real possibility of brain damage.So maybe the doctors need some extra training...

She may as well be dead,they claim no sign of brain activity.My understanding is she stopped breathing for a period of time,the doctor checked,declared her dead.If she has stopped breathing for a while,then there is a real possibility of brain damage.So maybe the doctors need some extra training...

To declare a person dead is a serious matter. A professional Doctor of Medicine will give a good ten minutes to this task. To declare a person dead when he/she is not so is IMHO almost unforgivable.

There are weird cases of snakebites and heart stoppages but they are very, very rare.

The Doctor who declared this woman dead deserves to be struck-off. Period.

At a high-fee-paying hospital like the BKK-Pattaya-Hospital where Doctors are not over worked and much overpaid and enjoy first class equipment and facilities, such an error is absolutely bizzare.

she is in a coma probably because the first doctor, who pronounced her dead, did not check her body carefully and did not try to immediately recucitate her. The hospital should be now responsible for keeping her alive at their own expence, untill the family decides to cut the supporting equipment.

To declare a person dead is a serious matter. A professional Doctor of Medicine will give a good ten minutes to this task. To declare a person dead when he/she is not so is IMHO almost unforgivable.

There are weird cases of snakebites and heart stoppages but they are very, very rare.

The Doctor who declared this woman dead deserves to be struck-off. Period.

At a high-fee-paying hospital like the BKK-Pattaya-Hospital where Doctors are not over worked and much overpaid and enjoy first class equipment and facilities, such an error is absolutely bizzare.

I didn't know that.Certainly you would have thought the doctor would exercise extreme care in such cases,but clearly not this time. :o Poor family,having to deal with this sought of incompetence.

very often the family just reports death to the doctor and the death certificate is issued. That's the procedure, when patient is terminally ill and was discharged from the hospital, because nothing can be done to help, as well as with elderly, drawn for several days etc. But in hospital of course it's a different situation and doctor has to know what he is doing, because it's not only personally him but the whole institution taking responsibility for errors.

Well who knows who tell the truth, the newspaper or the spin doctors from BP. Fact is there has been so many outrageous stories from BP that I for one have lost confidence in them. :o

Edited by Phil Conners

I wouldn't trust 1 word BPH says..

I accompanied someone who was having Cosmetic Surgery a couple of years ago there. The price of 100,000 baht was given.

They were made to pay the bill before the operation, and once they got to the office, the bill was 120,000. They argued that they had been told it would have been 100,000 baht and had already gotten the cash together. They made it very clear that they would be paying the price they were told and not 1 baht more.

Suddenly, the price was back down to 100,000 again.

Amazing BPH :o

Well who knows who tell the truth, the newspaper or the spin doctors from BP. Fact is there has been so many outrageous stories from BP that I for one have lost confidence in them. :o

Exactly. It's not even a very professional press release.

BPH is only interested in making money, I will never use it because I have heard so many bad, really bad, reports. Mis-diagnosis is rife (or on purpose) so that every conceivable medical test is performed to bump up the bill.

Patients who attend the hospital, let's say for acute abdominal pain, will be scanned, blood tested, NOT asked about their history and all roads will lead to the operating theatre for an unnecessary appendectomy.

... and all roads will lead to the operating theatre for an unnecessary appendectomy.

There is no such thing as an unecessary appendectomy... I personally have had six. :o

The statistics for unnecessary appendectomies are available from all U.K. hospitals. I challenge BPH to release its statistics of the same.

The attached pdf is a press release concerning this case from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

The details posted in the News sources do not represent the true facts for the case, the correct details are shown in the press release in full.

So are you really trying to tell us that we should trust the spin that the hospital is feedingl us, rather than the news services? It's not that I trust mainstream news sources very much, but I think you are being quite naive to believe what the hospital administration wants you to believe. I know from personal experience that Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital is very bad and treatment can be downright dangerous there. <snip>

Edited by soundman
Removed taunt.