Loading Container

Checker

When I left Aust. to move to Bangkok the 20 foot container was dropped via a rear lift at my front door and left for 4 days while I packed it. When it arrived at our house in Bangkok the driver waited while I climbed up into the container and unloaded the goods with the help of family. When the time comes this year for us to return to Aust. can I assume that again the driver will wait while I load everything UP into the container ? Do they not have side or rear lifts ?

When I left Aust. to move to Bangkok the 20 foot container was dropped via a rear lift at my front door and left for 4 days while I packed it. When it arrived at our house in Bangkok the driver waited while I climbed up into the container and unloaded the goods with the help of family. When the time comes this year for us to return to Aust. can I assume that again the driver will wait while I load everything UP into the container ? Do they not have side or rear lifts ?

I loaded a container in Samui afew years back. I was sending some products to Canada. The 20 footer arrived on a flatbed truck and the driver waited while we loaded it up. There was no lift of any kind.

I must admit I have never seen a lift attached to a container lorry in Thailand or Europe either, but then I've not been there for a while. Lifts tend to come on box lorries like those that deliver to Tescos etc.Assume there are no lifts and the driver will wait as long as it takes within a reasonable time limit. A

regards Bojosk a few pals to help and get the job done with ease.

Thanks Bojo, yeah in Oz they use side or rear swing lifts which makes it a lot easier. Looks like I am in for some physical hard labour. I may ask the security guards if they wish to earn some cash . . .

Hire a forklift or crane to unload it at your house and ask them to come back in few days to pick it up. It will probably baffle them, because with the price of labor here, why are you not using a full service moving company to pack and load everything? If you can get it all into a 20 ft container, I bet you could get a crew of 6 guys with boxes, packing material and everything to pack it all out for about 5k.

TH

Yeah, me also . . . When I moved here last year I packed everything myself and loaded the container. It arrived without any damage what so ever. TOTAL cost Perth to Bangkok was $3,500 AUD = 100,000 Baht (at the time around 28.0 Baht to AUD.)