Seafood Restaurant

Hi Samui Friends!

Heading down this Sunday for a few days and was hoping for a great seafood restaurant recommendation on Chawweng Beach with a view!

I know there are many off road and out of Chaweng but time is limited so was hoping for some help! Simple or elegant...really does not matter as we really just want to be on the beach with good seafood!

Thanks

On chaweng beach the silver sands resturant was nice and good seafood when I went.

the new 7Seas Restaurant in the center of Chaweng Beach, very tasty, nice presentation, very clean, unique Restaurant with very modern Bar

Seafood on the beach in chaweng, from what i´ve ever gotten is not that good, honestly. In Chaweng, beach road, (not beachside) there is the open air big place opposite happy bar 1. I forgot the name. Anybody? Its a bit pricy though but environment is nice enough. The trick in that restaurant is to not order from the fresh stuff in the boat, wich is very pricy, but fro their menu. They have nice steaks for a few hundred baht. Offcourse a bad reccomendation in a seafoodthread, but still... :o .

The seafoodplaces behind 7/11 on the lakeroad was very good before. Now most of them are closed down, but the one and only mr "pee soon" is still there. I have not been there in a few months and can´t swear its still good, there´s not much people there so maybe quality gone down. But he do have a good name of himself and are probably the most experienced "chef" around when it comes to Thaistyle seafood.

If nothing better comes up (we are mostly expats on this forum and like said before, the seafood on the beach is more of a tourist thing) you can always just take a walk on the beach. Night time most of the hotels take out their little wood boat and fill it with fish and put their tables on the beach. Just walk and pop in where it looks nice. :D .

Tha Ruer (the pier)

As you go over the hills from chaweng to Lamai it's on your left side . Open terrace over looking the sea and the lights of chaweng beach, or covered area inside.

Live fish and shelfish tanks . Good food , nice view , reasonable prices

<br />buy a filet o fish at McDonalds, walk to the beach and eat it. You can do this twice in Chewang and at one place in Lamai. Cheap too. Support Ronald. He needs it more than the locals<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think the OP was asking about seafood.Whatever is in a filet o fish it has never seen the sea!!

I went to Sabai Inglae a couple of weeks ago, the food was excellent but I got my starters well after my main! I'll definitely go again on my return in April.

Try the Sabai Inglae salad and the king prawn in tamarind sauce. :o

I went to Sabai Inglae a couple of weeks ago, the food was excellent but I got my starters well after my main! I'll definitely go again on my return in April.

Try the Sabai Inglae salad and the king prawn in tamarind sauce. :o

or Homok Talee. A little pricey but a dream.

Thanks local Samui friends! When you need help in BKK...please ask!

As I figured, Chaweng is very touristy having been there many times myself. But the friend I'm going with has never been.

I did like the Mcdonalds idea though!!

It seems though I better head to Lamai and eat at Sabai Inglae!

They opened up a new seafood bbq in banrak. Sign says 390 baht and i got the oppinion from my wife it was all you can eat thing. On the beachside a bit before the burned down 7/11. Anybody tryied it out yet? :o .

Edited by mattias33

I normally go to Ploys in the square of fish places in Chaweng near pee soon. Is it still open? The food is excellent

From the looks of it, Pee soon is the only one opened in that area nowadays. He took on some of the other restaurants space. But he was always one of the best anyway. Cant speak for freshness there now though, there is so little customers in the place that i hardly dare to go there anymore. The area looks dead. And when it comes to fish i want to eat it in a place where there´s may peope around.

This time a year, Maybe phuket?? :D:o .

Kidding aside, it is sad that area died out. We to enjoyed it so much. Me and my wife went to all of those resturants and we were always very happy with the food and the price. A big loss for samui. :D .

Reason for edit: some of the bigger spelling mistakes.

Edited by mattias33