Vets In Chiang Rai

matt268

Sawasdee krab.. Just moved to Chiang Rai and planning to move our dogs from Bangkok up here to. I am in need of a good vet, so any recomendations would be most useful. I keep hearing of the vets 'NOT' to use but not actually heard of any good ones! Thanks alot....

We have dogs and a cat and always use the government vetinary centre opposite the Wiang Inn Hotel. Good vets and very cheap. Once a month they have a free speying and castrating service. I've found the vet in SangKong Luang very rude and opinionated. The Animal Hospital on the road to the stadium is good but pricy. What breed of dogs do you have Matt?

On the Superhighway just past Big C going south(next to the golf shop) there's a good Vet. He speaks English and has taken good care of my cats over the last five months. His prices seem reasonable for Thailand -- and very inexpensive compared to a Western Vet.

Good luck!

I agree with CRgolfcoach. Khun Mor Ek, who has the shop next to Big C, on the highway, is excellent. We've been using him for about 5 years. Our neighbours too. He even comes out to Chiang Saen every now and again and will do house calls for us all.

• 1 month later...
We have tried several places but have been quite happy with the 24 hour place on San Khong Luang. They have always taken good care of Cookie and been quite helpful to us.

Try Khun Mor Arnon, who is well known for saving pets lives, he saved ours. You'll find his practice close to the old airport, I forget the road, but it's not Sannambin road, one road away. He had the equipment to put our dog on a drip, as well as having contacts to send blood tests too. It took us 2 other shit vets before we found him.

We have tried several places but have been quite happy with the 24 hour place on San Khong Luang. They have always taken good care of Cookie and been quite helpful to us.

Try Khun Mor Arnon, who is well known for saving pets lives, he saved ours. You'll find his practice close to the old airport, I forget the road, but it's not Sannambin road, one road away. He had the equipment to put our dog on a drip, as well as having contacts to send blood tests too. It took us 2 other shit vets before we found him.

Pretty sure we are talking about the same place here. Unless there are two guys in the same business with the same name.

Pretty sure we are talking about the same place here. Unless there are two guys in the same business with the same name.

I'm new to CR so just learning road names, but can confirm we are talking of the same place, Khun Arnon practices on Sankhong Luang.

• 6 months later...

Excellent New Young Lady Vet in Chiang Rai

On the main road from Chiang Rai to Maechan, mid way you pass through a village called, "Baan Huai Khian". As you enter the village from the CR direction look right, and you will see two veterinary clinics adjacent to each other.

The bright orange brick building with a caged run outside is run by a delightful young Lady Vet called "Dr. Tom".

I was very impressed by "Dr. Tom's" gentle sympathetic attitude to a litter of kittens my neighbour was about to throw in the temple, or dump in a sack by the roadside.

(I'd already visited the CRU vet hospital and asked the vets to help find homes for them. They did take a picture to post on the wall, but said they could not keep the kittens.)

When I explained the situation to "Dr. Tom" in "Baan Huai Khian" she +immediately+ offered to personally find homes for the kittens, and straight away put them in a lovely clean cage on view in her waiting room. I didn't have to ask her twice, or plead for them, she's a compassionate vet with the right stuff!

I heartily recommend her to you all.

And the kittens: Three perfectly healthy Tabby kitties sired by a Ginger father. Long tails too. They were about 8 weeks old in early November; two males and a female looking for a kind home.

Go on you'll love them, I'm catted-out. Give her a call today...

Dr. Tom can be reached by Tel: 053 78 7200

Drop-in consultation from 08:00 to 20:00 daily.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to CR so just learning road names, but can confirm we are talking of the same place, Khun Arnon practices on Sankhong Luang.

Stopped by the vet a couple of days ago and they have moved directly across the street to a new building. Looks better than most human clinics now. Just an update.