Pizza In Doi Saket

anonymouse

While on the subject of Restaurants in Doi Saket I noticed a new Pizza & Pasta Restaurant if you go across the road from the Amphur and then walk out of town for 5 mins or so. It's run by an Italian Gentleman Roberto, only tried a sample slice of pizza but tasted as good as any I've had in Chiang Mai. Prices were very reasonable.

It's actually a Swiss guy and the restaurant seems to be run by his wife.

I second, though, the pizza's are good. Well ... uhh ... so I've hear from two different sources. I haven't tried it yet.

It's actually a Swiss guy and the restaurant seems to be run by his wife.

I second, though, the pizza's are good. Well ... uhh ... so I've hear from two different sources. I haven't tried it yet.

I assumed he was Italian as the the sign says authentic Italian Pizza and Pasta and Roberto sounds very Italian....I'm obviously no Sherlock Holmes :o

the first time I went there he was cooking I went there again yesterday and he wasn't about so I assume his wife was cooking.

The pizza's were still good the only thing I found a bit bizzare was that on my four seasons pizza the toppings were under the cheese,but all said and done 180baht for a large pizza is value for money.

• 2 weeks later...

Buongiorno EveryBody,

I was just "surfing" around and freeze amazed on the interest that You seem having in my small Ristorante Pizzeria, Villas'Pizzas... :o

First of all, let me explain; my name is Roberto and I am Swiss-Italian. I come from the so-called Republic of Cantone Ticino, which is also known as the "Italian part of Switzerland".

This means that "Ticinesi" people (...not to confond with "Thai-chinese people".. :D ..) we all speak Italian, read Italian, watch Italian Tv :D , eat Italian food :D , and our ashes are buried according to a remote arcane Italian Vodoo-like tradition (...just kidding...).

The Pizzas we make are really!! Italian-style, and topped with real Mozzarella cheese.

My charming wife Darunee learned how to cook in an Italian Restaurant called Locanda Ticinese, in Bellinzona, my hometown.

Our main goal, as I had the chance to express to some of our Customers and friends, is to create a sort of "Meeting Point" for expats living in the "Doi Saket Area".

We are a lot, we all know it, and our number is increasing day by day. What we miss, is a place where to gather, talk, or just watch TV, sport, or listen to Music.

Why I am saying this?

Because we really would like that our place becomes Your Place! as well, meaning that every dish You might order is fully customizable.

Just let me, or Darunee, know Your Whishes

Best Regards

Roberto Villa

Never found a good pizza in Chiangmai all seem to be very thin without much topping very american style. love to find a good 1 inch thick pizza with plenty of ham..

That is Italian Style. American style is a thicker crust and as many toppings as you want and tastes much better than ultra-thin pizza.

Hallo there

I found a place few days ago at Chiang Mai University Suthep Road just across from second gate to go to University. Dont know the name... its like a small Street-Restaurant. Very delicious Pizza. They are quite small but also just 49 Baht. And you can choose all pizza toppings by yourself. Also thick or thin bread. I like the Italian Style pizza.... And the taste is very good, also use real cheese and not that sweet 7/11 stuff.. Will go back for eat there again....

I have been meaning to visit Doi Sakhet. Coming off the outer ring road 121 and proceeding toward the mountain, how do I find this place?

Just take the Exit "doi Saket", follow the Main road, at the intersection w traffic light turn right, go on for appp. 200meters; ..it si on your right!!!

:o

Never found a good pizza in Chiangmai all seem to be very thin without much topping very american style. love to find a good 1 inch thick pizza with plenty of ham..

Thin with little topping is Italian style!

You should try pizza company for 1 inch thick with plenty of ham...