Paypal - Can You Add A Thai Bank As A Funding Source?

I've tried but cannot. It expects a US bank.

I only want to fund it with my thai bank, and use it to make payments.

I already have funding from a US bank, but there is no money in it.

Yes, I know I can put money in there, but that is not my question, thanks.

Does anyone know from experience IF this can/can't be done, and how to do it?

thanks,

Jeff

If the paypal account is a US account, you have to open a new one, in Thailand. That give you a international account. When I was leaving the states I had to do that. Now I still use a US bank, but think I can add a Thai bank now, at least that is how they explained it to me.

Nope, direct funding from a Thai bank is not possible, even with a Thai paypal account.

Withdrawal to a Thai bank is possible however.

If you have a paypal verified Thai Debit card (e.g. Bkk Bank B1st), or for example the Kasikorn virtual card, then you don't really need to fund your paypal account. If you want to pay something through paypal or send somebody funds, it'll get automatically charged to your card!

Getting the B1st card verified is a bit of a hassle but can be done, the Kasikorn card is a bit easier as I would expect the extended use code to show up in the online statement of the card.

Oh, and sometimes my Bkk Bank Be1st card stops working (for paypal anyway) for a week or so, then works again. Seems that Bkk Banks card clearing system goes down every so often.

Paypal traced the problem when I had this, and it was clearly Bkk bank refusing the payment, much like there wasn't any funds in the account. Then a few days later inexplicably it worked again...

Oh, and sometimes my Bkk Bank Be1st card stops working (for paypal anyway) for a week or so, then works again. Seems that Bkk Banks card clearing system goes down every so often.

Paypal traced the problem when I had this, and it was clearly Bkk bank refusing the payment, much like there wasn't any funds in the account. Then a few days later inexplicably it worked again...

So, in reply to the original post, you're saying you tried, and cannot fund a paypal account with a thai bank account?

But, with the proper (type) Thai credit card from Thai bank, you CAN fund the paypal account with that?

Sorry I can't understand through all your details...is this what you're saying?

I want to fund my paypal account...somehow (if at all possible) with money from a Thai bank.

thanks,

Jeff