Yamaha Mio Needs A New Battery Ever 6 Months !

jlaw666

I bought a new Yamaha Mio about a year ago which as been ok but lately my girlfriend as been having to charge the battery over night or less its flat in the morning,i am in the UK so i can't do anything to help but told her to just to buy a new battery.

Today she rang the yamaha dealer in Sa kaew where we bought it from explaining the problem and they said the battery needs changing ever 6 months.

I don't know anything about motorbikes but this seems a load of rubbish,anybody else had the same problem. :o

Sound like a load of something.... I had a Mio that was about 4 years old, 10,000 kilometers. Never had any trouble with it in the 6 months I had it and the guy that bought it from me has sent text messages a few times to say what a great bike it is. Battery didn't appear to have been changed when I wired in a lighter outlet to plug my cell phone, etc. into under the seat.

I've owned lots of bikes, never has one needed a new battery every 6 months. Though my Buell once needed a new one after a year when I left it for more than 6 months dead over the cold winter.

Have them change it if it's dead, then have her call another dealer to ask about the problem. Possibly charging circuit problem.

Hope this is helpful.

John