Haier Air Conditioners

lukeskywalker

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this other than here.

I am looking to buy a new air con. The shop down the road has a Haier 12,000 BTU air con for 11,900 baht with free instillation.

Does anyone have any experience with Haier air cons? Is this a good price and how is the quality.

Thanks!

Ask the shop for the model number.

Have you checked out the vendor with locals?

Good reputation?

Haier as as good as any, make sure you see the warranty from Haier and get the vendor to write down, in Thai and English how long he will service the unit for. ie; 6 months, 12 months, etc. for free.

Does the vendor offer a good, long-term, service contract at a fair price?

"12,000 BTU air con for 11,900 baht with free installation"

Sounds too good to be true! :D

Is it a Window, Wall or portable AC?

Sounds like a window model at that price.!

Have you done any research???? :o

• Like 1

Guest Reimar

Haier is an China company and very well known for cheap (price and quality) mass products on electric and electronic sectors.

If the shop who sell for that price isn't a new shop and well known in your area and if you get everything regarding service and warranty written on official documents, you may can buy! If not, forget it.

Cheers.

I got one from makro last year for around 9500baht. Too good to be true or too good to miss time will tell.

We only use A/C for a couple of weeks a year and only for a few hours generally to remove the days heat.

If I really needed A/C everyday then I'd probably go for a reputable japanese Model.

• Like 1

Why not? They make most of the Japanese products now. My Panasonic Digital Camera (for Japan market) was made in China. My Casio cameras were also made there. Just as not everything from Japan was junk after WWII, not everything from China is either.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Update on the Haier air con that we picked up for 8,500 baht for 9000 BTU Have had it for one year... we run our air cons all night and some days all day. Good to fair energy usage... (better than some not as good as others) but works with no problems what so ever. I would recommend it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looking for a Haier air con, went to Makro but nothing. Anyone know where they are selling them these days.. We need another one. The one we have had for over a year and half is doing great. Looking in Chiang Mai.

Edited by swain
  • Like 1

I bought a base-model Haier AC about a year ago when I moved into a bigger house and I have been totally impressed with it. In previous condos here I have had all the big names, which I also bought new, and this little Haier beats them all. The actual case of the head unit does look cheaper than anything else, and it as a tiny little remote which really didnt impress me when I first saw it, BUT this little baby runs totally silent and keeps my main bedroom brilliantly cool and not a peep of a problem ever.

I have since bought several others for other rooms in the house and would recommend them.

PS: I was also highly skeptical of things coming out of China for obvious quality reasons, so all credit to my Thai partner who convinced me to buy it back then.

• Like 2

I have used a giant Haier refrigerator for more than two years and it's never had a problem; the Haier air con which is used only for a few months of the year works great. I think they are now at a level to match any household appliance maker in the world, even at the top end.

• Like 1