Buying A Car On Hp

Ok the wife and I are thinking of getting a new car. Currently in Thailand we don't own a car.

My wife is Thai and I am British. I live and work in Singapore and the wife lives with me in Singapore. We have a 2nd home in Phuket which is where we need a car.

I want to put a car on HP as the interest rates are low. I don't have a visa for Thailand or a work permit, I have a well paid job in Singapore and repayments are not a problem. So we can put the car in the wifes name as she is Thai this is not an issue but the financing might as she does not work.

Can we do something without using the house/land as some guarantee? I really don't want to use the land as the value is to great compared to the loan which will be around 600,000 I guess.

What options do I have? Can it work as a normal HP where they just take the car back if you cannot pay and you don't give a guarantee? Would the wife get credit without a job? Could I purchase instead ? Or do I just have to pay cash 100% for the motor??

advice/thoughts please???

We went to Nissan and got a new pick up in her Name just by showing some photos of her selling food at the market and showing her land book we put 113,000 baht down, she had to show 50,000 in her bank as well. the HP company rasied the deposit from 80,000 baht .

colino

so as far i know as long as she has her Id card family book land book and any proof of work

and of course you to put the cash in place. No problem it took us 3 days

We went to Nissan and got a new pick up in her Name just by showing some photos of her selling food at the market and showing her land book we put 113,000 baht down, she had to show 50,000 in her bank as well. the HP company rasied the deposit from 80,000 baht .

colino

so as far i know as long as she has her Id card family book land book and any proof of work

and of course you to put the cash in place. No problem it took us 3 days

I am prepared to put down a larger deposit.

Looks like we might be ok, I guess we will just have to go to the dealer and see....