Few Questions About Visitor Visa To Uk

Are the visas to Finland not in the passport she handed in as part of this application? It may help to emphasise them, but I would expect the clearance officer will have probably already seen them if they examined the passport on this application and they were already mentioned on the application form. Were these trips taken after she was 18? If she was a minor then it could be argued that she would have had no real say in whether to return to Thailand or not. It would also depend on how much credence they put on a visit visa to Finland. Possibly not as much as if she had returned from a couple of US visits.

She travelled when she was 18 I think yeah. The visas were in her old passport which she has lost/got thrown away, although she still has copies of her flight tickets and photos of her with buildings of Finland around her. We did not show any of this in the 1st application.

Why not just print it so its readable? if youve going to squint the print, why should they believe its between you and her? it might read like Lady Chatterleys or similar, but if you mess them about with unreadble stuff, and get thrown out again, then you will need expensive help, being honest and straight goes a long way with officials,

I have to think about time and money. How long would it take to print off a few thousand pages of A4? Plus, at 5 baht a sheet it's pretty costly. Your suggestion has got me thinking though, however the text will still have to be made much smaller for those reasons before. At the moment it's 30% size from original, although I will check 40% and see how that looks.

The visa application will be handed in hopefully on Thursday, with the covering letter being written now.

Thanks again

Edited by Enjibenji

Are the visas to Finland not in the passport she handed in as part of this application? It may help to emphasise them, but I would expect the clearance officer will have probably already seen them if they examined the passport on this application and they were already mentioned on the application form. Were these trips taken after she was 18? If she was a minor then it could be argued that she would have had no real say in whether to return to Thailand or not. It would also depend on how much credence they put on a visit visa to Finland. Possibly not as much as if she had returned from a couple of US visits.

She travelled when she was 18 I think yeah. The visas were in her old passport which she has lost/got thrown away, although she still has copies of her flight tickets and photos of her with buildings of Finland around her.

Why not just print it so its readable? if youve going to squint the print, why should they believe its between you and her? it might read like Lady Chatterleys or similar, but if you mess them about with unreadble stuff, and get thrown out again, then you will need expensive help, being honest and straight goes a long way with officials,

I have to think about time and money. How long would it take to print off a few thousand pages of A4? Plus, at 5 baht a sheet it's pretty costly. Your suggestion has got me thinking though, however the text will still have to be made much smaller for those reasons before. At the moment it's 30% size from original, although I will check 40% and see how that looks.

The visa application will be handed in hopefully on Thursday, with the covering letter being written now.

Thanks again

I would suggest that you don't rely on the Finnish visas. If I remember, she is about 19 or 20 now. If you press the Finnish visa thing, they are going to want to know why they aren't in her current passport/where her old one is. Telling them she lost the old one may actually make them wonder if she didn't adhere to those visa conditions, overstayed on one of the visas and then deliberately 'lost' her passport. Losing a passport after overstaying is standard operating procedure for the majority of visa overstayers and a flight ticket although good to back up visas in a current passport, isn't going to prove she left the country for good when the old passport is missing.

With regards to the chats, pick a chat from each month of your relationship and in your covering letter make sure you emphasise that you are only providing a sample of the chats (1 per calendar month) from the entire length of your relationship due to the volume of chats.

Edited by CharlieB

She travelled when she was 18 I think yeah. The visas were in her old passport which she has lost/got thrown away, although she still has copies of her flight tickets and photos of her with buildings of Finland around her.

Thanks again

I would suggest that you don't rely on the Finnish visas. If I remember, she is about 19 or 20 now. If you press the Finnish visa thing, they are going to want to know why they aren't in her current passport/where her old one is. Telling them she lost the old one may actually make them wonder if she didn't adhere to those visa conditions, overstayed on one of the visas and then deliberately 'lost' her passport. Losing a passport after overstaying is standard operating procedure for the majority of visa overstayers and a flight ticket although good to back up visas in a current passport, isn't going to prove she left the country for good when the old passport is missing.

With regards to the chats, pick a chat from each month of your relationship and in your covering letter make sure you emphasise that you are only providing a sample of the chats (1 per calendar month) from the entire length of your relationship due to the volume of chats.

The passport was thrown away because she changed her name. I do understand where you are coming from though.

by the way, her mum has a US visa and just got back from there about a month ago from a 2 week stay. Would that be worth showing a photocopy of? In the covering letter we could slant it to show that it is common for her family to take holidays during the year (her aunt was there for 3 months actually and returned not long ago).

The passport was thrown away because she changed her name. I do understand where you are coming from though.

by the way, her mum has a US visa and just got back from there about a month ago from a 2 week stay. Would that be worth showing a photocopy of? In the covering letter we could slant it to show that it is common for her family to take holidays during the year (her aunt was there for 3 months actually and returned not long ago).

The passport loss may be entirely innocent, but you have to look at it from the UK ECO point of view. He has someone applying for a visa to the UK, pushing proof that they have received and complied with visas from another European country, except they don't have the actual proof any more, because they lost/disposed of the old passport. As I said before, the lost/stolen passport excuse is one of the first excuses used by people who have overstayed and want to hide this when applying for another visa. The other dodge is to change the name in between applications and hence the passport to further complicate things.

Even if your girlfriends loss and name change is entirely innocent, the fact others go down this route to avoid detection when applying for visas may set alarm bells off in the head of the person looking at your application. It's up to you if you want to put this forward as proof of her intention to return, but I'm just making you aware that you may accidently do damage to your application if you try to push the Finnish visa angle without cast iron proof that she complied with the visa terms and returned to Thailand within the valid dates.

Don't worry, it's not the only reason for return that we are putting in for, but it still is a strong reason. Although the old passport was thrown away, my girlfriend is still in possession of the original return flight tickets, insurance and their bills. Although she doesn't have any hard proof of her return without overstay, I still believe showing that evidence would be better than not.

Like I said before, the amount of new evidence we have come up with to show our relationship and a reason for her return is much greater than in before's application.

Does anyone believe it would be beneficial providing a copy of her mum's visa to US (used for holiday for 2 weeks, around a month ago)?

If she answered the questions on the original VAF1A honestly, then they will already know about her lost passport and her Finnish trip. Mentioning the trip again to show she has a travel history wont hurt, and may help.

Her passport was "lost or thrown away" because she changed her name?

Changing names to change one's luck is not unusual among the Thai but dispensing with official documents either carelessly or deliberately is. What happened during the trip to Finland? Hardly a tourist destination of great note among the Thai and accordingly one must assume there was a specific reason for her journey, a reason which may or may not have caused a degree of misfortune.

Don't worry, it's not the only reason for return that we are putting in for, but it still is a strong reason. Although the old passport was thrown away, my girlfriend is still in possession of the original return flight tickets, insurance and their bills. Although she doesn't have any hard proof of her return without overstay, I still believe showing that evidence would be better than not.

Like I said before, the amount of new evidence we have come up with to show our relationship and a reason for her return is much greater than in before's application.

Does anyone believe it would be beneficial providing a copy of her mum's visa to US (used for holiday for 2 weeks, around a month ago)?

We have got a total of 6 visas for EU/UK with no problems. I think the golden rule is remember that the visa staff are overworked and therefore like everything spoonfed to them.

Therefore, i alswys photocopy previous visas (despite being in the current passport). My covering letter is 5 pages long and includes details of the previous visas, my trips to thailand (before i used to live here), details of property / land /cars owned in thailand and elsewhere. Plus details of my finances outside Thailand. Then include photocopies of chanots, contracts, the thai car ownership document etc, anything that links her (and you if zou live here) to those items.

Never, ever, assume that the visa people will be able to work out from 2 different documents 50 pages apart that there is a link. make the link explicit. If in doubt - include it.

And dont claim something without evidence ! Probably better not to even mention it than

Her passport was "lost or thrown away" because she changed her name?

Changing names to change one's luck is not unusual among the Thai but dispensing with official documents either carelessly or deliberately is. What happened during the trip to Finland? Hardly a tourist destination of great note among the Thai and accordingly one must assume there was a specific reason for her journey, a reason which may or may not have caused a degree of misfortune.

Finland trip was just a holiday, she went there with one of her girl friend's.

We have got a total of 6 visas for EU/UK with no problems. I think the golden rule is remember that the visa staff are overworked and therefore like everything spoonfed to them.

Therefore, i alswys photocopy previous visas (despite being in the current passport). My covering letter is 5 pages long and includes details of the previous visas, my trips to thailand (before i used to live here), details of property / land /cars owned in thailand and elsewhere. Plus details of my finances outside Thailand. Then include photocopies of chanots, contracts, the thai car ownership document etc, anything that links her (and you if zou live here) to those items.

Never, ever, assume that the visa people will be able to work out from 2 different documents 50 pages apart that there is a link. make the link explicit. If in doubt - include it.

And dont claim something without evidence ! Probably better not to even mention it than

Thanks for that reply, and thanks for the help too from everyone. The visa application will be handed in tomorrow.

I've made a list of documents we will include in the application, and have a covering letter too of 5 pages, which explains everything clearly, referring to the evidence provided whenever was possible.

- VAF1A, with passport sized picture.

- Her passport, her mother's passort copy + visas inside (notably US visa), copy of my passport + visas (Thailand non-imm O, cambodia, laos), copy of my dad's passport

- Her Thai and student ID

- Official document from university showing her student status

- Letter of support written to the embassy from her university teacher, who understands her intentions (I met him too when I went to her university one day with her, so he may have wrote that) written she will come back next term beginning to study, written on official university paper

- Next term university bill

- Letter of sponsor from my parents (so she can stay at my house) + photo of my house

- Her mother's bank statements

- Letter from her mother stating those funds are for her trip

- Letter from her mother's company

- Car insurance bills/house bills

- Photo of her house, showing her address in the picture, with cars inside (the 2 cars from insurance bills)

- Documents from Finland (bills/flight ticket/photos)

- Our pictures together

- Restaurant bill from Christmas day at Sirocco restaurant

- Our MSN chat logs, one from every month since I met her in August (50 pages provided of chat from random times, quite a few pages from each month) which show we were together in Thailand talking about what we wanted to do that day, next day, etc + when I returned home

- Letters I gave her when I stayed with her in Thailand

- Post office bill from when I sent her something on Valentines day just past

- Her phone bill showing she has called me countless times

- My phone bill showing I have called her countless times in 2 months, showing 130 hours of talk time using international calling card. Information from international calling card website (printed straight from it) showing the number I use which appears at least 400 times on my phone bills (my phone bill also proves my address)

- Picture of money (£170) previously exchanged by her from Superrich into pounds. Picture as the exchange receipt was lost

- Printout from Emirates airline website showing the return tickets she wishes to purchuse.

+ a covering letter written on her behalf, 5 pages long explaining everything - her background, relationship with me, how the trip will be funded, reasons for her return

Think that's all the documents we have thought up of providing. Answered their concerns about our relationship with new evidence, new documents and (i think) a well written covering letter, and answered their concerns about her return to Thailand.

:o

Edited by Enjibenji

Just to say that is the application handed in already. What a busy, busy morning of printing...

The good thing is, it went straight to the embassy. So the embassy is holding the application now. I expect the decision to made around the 21st? Won't get it back until the 24th or so though.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that helped - helped put together an even stronger ( :o ) application than before. Putting myself in the EMO's shoes, i'd see no reason why it would be refused again. It covers everything, + more.

ps. Is anyone able to confirm if you are able to call the embassy and ask what the result was, before you receive your passport?

Edited by Enjibenji

ps. Is anyone able to confirm if you are able to call the embassy and ask what the result was, before you receive your passport?

No, I am afraid they will not tell you or the applicant, you will have to wait until it's collected from VFS.

Good luck.

Sorry to say this but you are going to get another refusal i think. and seriosly why would a young Thai go to Finland twice. once ok but twice. you need to wake up and smell the roses my friend. Also YOU should have never got involved in the visa process, she should have done it herself as a tourist much easier. My girlfriend got her's last week all we did was just follow the guidelines including an itinerary. and i was not involved in this at all so that my girlfriend knew all the details when asked. it does help that she has worked for the same company 4 years and is on a good salary. but if your girlfriends parents had put money into her account it would have achieved the same thing.

I hope you do get the visa, but it doesn't help your case if you don't listen to advice eg where are the details of your girlfriends bank account, credit cards etc. The EMO see's a very short term relationship, of which i'm sure they see every single day.

VAF1A, with passport sized picture.

- Her passport,

her mother's passort copy + visas inside (notably US visa), NOT RELEVANT

copy of my passport + visas (Thailand non-imm O, cambodia, laos), NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

copy of my dad's passport NOT RELEVANT

- Letter of support written to the embassy from her university teacher, who understands her intentions (I met him too when I went to her university one day with her, so he may have wrote that) written she will come back next term beginning to study, written on official university paper

- Next term university bill hopefully showing as paid in full

- Letter of sponsor from my parents (so she can stay at my house) + photo of my house NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Her mother's bank statements IF you had shown her bank account, much better

- Letter from her mother stating those funds are for her trip NOT RELEVANT You should have shown her bank account. how does she get funds from the mothers account while in the UK

- Letter from her mother's company WHY

- Car insurance bills/house bills NOT RELEVANT not in the visa applicants name

- Photo of her house, showing her address in the picture, with cars inside (the 2 cars from insurance bills)NOT RELEVANT. all you needed was a copy of the house papers showing she is registered there

- Documents from Finland (bills/flight ticket/photos)NOT RELEVANT due to no existing passport

- Our pictures together NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Restaurant bill from Christmas day at Sirocco restaurantNOT RELEVANT

- Our MSN chat logs, one from every month since I met her in August (50 pages provided of chat from random times, quite a few pages from each month) which show we were together in Thailand talking about what we wanted to do that day, next day, etc + when I returned home shows a short term relationship, a holiday fling if ya like ALSO NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Letters I gave her when I stayed with her in Thailand What! letters to someone your with, weird

- Post office bill from when I sent her something on Valentines day just past NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Her phone bill showing she has called me countless times I take it she has a post pay mobile phone account, not prepay

- My phone bill showing I have called her countless times in 2 months, showing 130 hours of talk time using international calling card. Information from international calling card website (printed straight from it) showing the number I use which appears at least 400 times on my phone bills (my phone bill also proves my address) so it does not show her home or mobile number therefore proving nothing i'm afraid also NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Picture of money (£170) previously exchanged by her from Superrich into pounds. Picture as the exchange receipt was lost what! something else lost

- Printout from Emirates airline website showing the return tickets she wishes to purchuse.

+ a covering letter written on her behalf, 5 pages long explaining everything - her background, relationship with me, how the trip will be funded, reasons for her return SO she did not write her own letter......jeez you really don't listen do you. if she had done this as a tourist visa herself so much easier

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Sorry to say this but you are going to get another refusal i think. and seriosly why would a young Thai go to Finland twice. once ok but twice. you need to wake up and smell the roses my friend. Also YOU should have never got involved in the visa process, she should have done it herself as a tourist much easier. My girlfriend got her's last week all we did was just follow the guidelines including an itinerary. and i was not involved in this at all so that my girlfriend knew all the details when asked. it does help that she has worked for the same company 4 years and is on a good salary. but if your girlfriends parents had put money into her account it would have achieved the same thing.

I hope you do get the visa, but it doesn't help your case if you don't listen to advice eg where are the details of your girlfriends bank account, credit cards etc. The EMO see's a very short term relationship, of which i'm sure they see every single day.

VAF1A, with passport sized picture.

- Her passport,

her mother's passort copy + visas inside (notably US visa), NOT RELEVANT

copy of my passport + visas (Thailand non-imm O, cambodia, laos), NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

copy of my dad's passport NOT RELEVANT

- Next term university bill hopefully showing as paid in full

- Letter of sponsor from my parents (so she can stay at my house) + photo of my house NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Her mother's bank statements IF you had shown her bank account, much better

- Letter from her mother stating those funds are for her trip NOT RELEVANT You should have shown her bank account. how does she get funds from the mothers account while in the UK

- Letter from her mother's company WHY

- Car insurance bills/house bills NOT RELEVANT not in the visa applicants name

- Photo of her house, showing her address in the picture, with cars inside (the 2 cars from insurance bills)NOT RELEVANT. all you needed was a copy of the house papers showing she is registered there

- Documents from Finland (bills/flight ticket/photos)NOT RELEVANT due to no existing passport

- Our pictures together NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Restaurant bill from Christmas day at Sirocco restaurantNOT RELEVANT

- Our MSN chat logs, one from every month since I met her in August (50 pages provided of chat from random times, quite a few pages from each month) which show we were together in Thailand talking about what we wanted to do that day, next day, etc + when I returned home shows a short term relationship, a holiday fling if ya like ALSO NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Letters I gave her when I stayed with her in Thailand What! letters to someone your with, weird

- Post office bill from when I sent her something on Valentines day just past NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Her phone bill showing she has called me countless times I take it she has a post pay mobile phone account, not prepay

- My phone bill showing I have called her countless times in 2 months, showing 130 hours of talk time using international calling card. Information from international calling card website (printed straight from it) showing the number I use which appears at least 400 times on my phone bills (my phone bill also proves my address) so it does not show her home or mobile number therefore proving nothing i'm afraid also NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself

- Picture of money (£170) previously exchanged by her from Superrich into pounds. Picture as the exchange receipt was lost what! something else lost

+ a covering letter written on her behalf, 5 pages long explaining everything - her background, relationship with me, how the trip will be funded, reasons for her return SO she did not write her own letter......jeez you really don't listen do you. if she had done this as a tourist visa herself so much easier

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY.

Allan

all this not relevant writing, haha.

I had to help with it - the 1st application was put in which stated her intentions to see me. We couldn't have changed that this time around. Your smart little comment with the "and seriosly why would a young Thai go to Finland twice. once ok but twice. you need to wake up and smell the roses my friend." was completely uncalled for, if you are meaning what I think you are. You have no idea of her personal circumstances, no idea about her and no idea about what you are talking about.

her mother's passort copy + visas inside (notably US visa), NOT RELEVANT - shows her mum has been to US and returned recently from holiday. Completely relevant - shows it is not uncommon for her or her family to holiday and backs up the reason to return part.

copy of my passport + visas (Thailand non-imm O, cambodia, laos), NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself completely relevant because we HAD to do the application involving me in it.

copy of my dad's passport NOT RELEVANT relevant because any fool could have written a sponsor letter for her, making out she already had planned accommodation and therefore didn't need more money. It might not be mandatory, but providing that means the embassy can be sure she has planned accommodation.

- Next term university bill hopefully showing as paid in full Yes

- Letter of sponsor from my parents (so she can stay at my house) + photo of my house NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself - Once again, had to.

- Her mother's bank statements IF you had shown her bank account, much better True, but no different from a sponsor in UK or America providing their bank statement saying they will pay for someone's trip. Infact, it is stronger as it is her mum.

- Letter from her mother stating those funds are for her trip NOT RELEVANT You should have shown her bank account. how does she get funds from the mothers account while in the UK Once again, no different from a sponsor overseas providing their bank statements. Joint bank account with a card in her name which was stated. Plus, her mother's bank account looks good - she lives well. Plus, you do realise if she just received a large chunk of money in her bank account the embassy would be wary?

- Letter from her mother's company WHY Think it's called a company registration or so - just shows her mum has a job and can pay for the trip.

- Car insurance bills/house bills NOT RELEVANT not in the visa applicants name Relevant as it shows her family is of strong background.

- Photo of her house, showing her address in the picture, with cars inside (the 2 cars from insurance bills)NOT RELEVANT. all you needed was a copy of the house papers showing she is registered there This one was because her house looks pretty dam_n good and wouldn't hurt to show that she lives comfortably.

- Documents from Finland (bills/flight ticket/photos)NOT RELEVANT due to no existing passport Once again, the bills and photos easily show that she is in Finland from the background, although I agree not ideal that she threw away her passport or whatever happened to it.

- Our pictures together NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself Once again, we had to.

- Restaurant bill from Christmas day at Sirocco restaurantNOT RELEVANT Completely relevant to back up our relationship which they doubted in the refusal letter before.

- Our MSN chat logs, one from every month since I met her in August (50 pages provided of chat from random times, quite a few pages from each month) which show we were together in Thailand talking about what we wanted to do that day, next day, etc + when I returned home shows a short term relationship, a holiday fling if ya like ALSO NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself Yes, a short term relationship being 8 months. I would enjoy hearing what you believe not to be a short relationship :o

- Letters I gave her when I stayed with her in Thailand What! letters to someone your with, weird Letters/cards for when she passed her tests to get into university, christmas, new year, her birthday. Yes - very weird. Once again, backs up our relationship.

- Post office bill from when I sent her something on Valentines day just past NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself Once again, we had to since we applied like we did the first time.

- Her phone bill showing she has called me countless times I take it she has a post pay mobile phone account, not prepay She has an iphone and is with True - whatever deals they offered when it first came out, but it was a package so contract.

- My phone bill showing I have called her countless times in 2 months, showing 130 hours of talk time using international calling card. Information from international calling card website (printed straight from it) showing the number I use which appears at least 400 times on my phone bills (my phone bill also proves my address) so it does not show her home or mobile number therefore proving nothing i'm afraid also NOT RELEVANT if she had done the application herself - do you honestly believe they don't see people providing phone bills like this using international calling cards? Do you know how much 130 hours worth of call time would cost without one?

- Picture of money (£170) previously exchanged by her from Superrich into pounds. Picture as the exchange receipt was lost what! something else lost Have you seen the size of the receipt they hand out at Superrich? :D tiny! easily lost, however put it on a background with her passport and documents in the background.

Plus, her applying for a visa on her own without saying anything about me still carries its risks of the embassy thinking a Thai national wouldn't return. Applying saying the purpose is to come see her boyfriend, with all the evidence we provided about our relationship, would put little doubt in their mind. Infact, in saying that, applying for a tourist visa to go on her own to the UK should ring alarm bells for any ECO in my mind.

Anyway, thanks for the reply :D:D

ps. RE the car bills in her mum's name. I called up the embassy myself and asked them specifically if she should show it. The lady in the visa section said it would be beneficial as it shows about her family - hard to argue against that... You should realise it would be her family paying for this trip and not her, so any evidence to show they are pretty welloff money wise wouldn't go amiss.

ps2. The embassy seemed to have very little to no problems with money in their refusal letter before, and they were upfront with what they thought was wrong with the first application. Your points regarding that would seem irrelevant if the EMO didn't have any problems with it.

ps3. Congratulations on the visa :D

Edited by Enjibenji

Yes, a short term relationship being 8 months. I would enjoy hearing what you believe not to be a short relationship

How long were you actually together with her in Thailand and yes in the eyes of the EMO that is short for a transnational relationship

applying for a tourist visa to go on her own to the UK should ring alarm bells for any ECO in my mind.

Why. The UK is the number one Thai tourist destination. Many Thais go to the Uk for both study and holidays.

About Finland. it's not just me but other poster have said its odd to travel twice to the same country(especially for a younger female), but as you say i know nothing about your relationship, how you met, what you did while you were together etc,etc so i apologize. :D

The Embassy think that a Thai national will not return for the exact same reasons that YOU show eg going to meet a boyfriend from a short term, long distance relationship. you are only young and i really do wish you the best. But you need to start listening to peoples advice. you show your self to be fairly naive eg: the big house will impress the EMO,Relevant as it shows her family is of strong background BLA BLA BLA :o .The visa is for her not her family and the UK government like to see people that can stand on their own two feet. Any way i'm waffling because I'm bored due to my work being cancelled today due to the emergency holiday and the 'red shirts'. I will let you get back to your cosy "i know everything world" but again good luck and thank you for the congratulations :D .

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Yes, a short term relationship being 8 months. I would enjoy hearing what you believe not to be a short relationship

How long were you actually together with her in Thailand and yes in the eyes of the EMO that is short for a transnational relationship

applying for a tourist visa to go on her own to the UK should ring alarm bells for any ECO in my mind.

Why. The UK is the number one Thai tourist destination. Many Thais go to the Uk for both study and holidays.

About Finland. it's not just me but other poster have said its odd to travel twice to the same country(especially for a younger female), but as you say i know nothing about your relationship, how you met, what you did while you were together etc,etc so i apologize. :D

The Embassy think that a Thai national will not return for the exact same reasons that YOU show eg going to meet a boyfriend from a short term, long distance relationship. you are only young and i really do wish you the best. But you need to start listening to peoples advice. you show your self to be fairly naive eg: the big house will impress the EMO,Relevant as it shows her family is of strong background BLA BLA BLA :o .The visa is for her not her family and the UK government like to see people that can stand on their own two feet. Any way i'm waffling because I'm bored due to my work being cancelled today due to the emergency holiday and the 'red shirts'. I will let you get back to your cosy "i know everything world" but again good luck and thank you for the congratulations :D .

Allan

I was with her 5 months in Thailand.

It's just my opinion that applying for a tourist visa to go on her own to the UK doesn't make it any easier than applying for a visit visa - to me this visit visa serves a purpose to see the boyfriend and i bet is a very common reason the embassy see. Why would it have been better to apply for a visa purely for holiday? Proving the relationship was an easy enough task in the end and like I said, with the amount of evidence we gave they will have no doubts about it.

Her aunt travelled to America twice too, for 3 months and came back a while ago actually. Infact, she's travelling to Australia soon as well probably for a few months. All on her own. Does that make that odd? I don't think so at all :wai: My girlfriend travelled with her friend. Obviously she liked it if she returned.

When I called the embassy before and got put through to the visa section, I told the lady that the ECO had concerns she would not return to Thailand. I told her she was studying at present at university, however the ECO still had concerns. When I told her this, she sounded surprised/confused, almost like in the 1st application we were unlucky not to get it, however I do think we could have suplied more evidence of our relationship, which the ECO had doubts over too. We might have got it any other day, but after this application, the documents provided made a much stronger one.

"Relevant as it shows her family is of strong background BLA BLA BLA :D " What was this about? I wrote before I asked the lady at the embassy if providing the car documents etc would be of advantage. She said it would be beneficial as it shows her family is strong (whatever that means, but I take it to be because of money). Are you trying to disagree with her? Do you also work in the visa section at the British embassy?

At the end of the day, there are no set rules in getting a visa. You have to impress the ECO to get it. There is nothing that says you can't provide something that has relevance, little or great, that might impress the ECO enough to get the visa, right? It could be a small thing that makes the difference between getting a visa refused or granted.

I will let you get back to your cosy "i know everything world"

What are you talking about? :D Read over my posts then over yours. Perhaps you got mixed up? :jerk: You'll find I asked for help quite a lot and was very grateful for what I received. However, it seems you know the most of all, even disagreeing with the embassy.

:P

anyway, enjoy the trip.

Edited by Enjibenji

anyway, enjoy the trip.

Thanks Enjii i will. also you missed the " I'M BORED" bit. I'm just joshing with ya mate and its been fun, lets do it again sometime. Good luck with the application. ummm now Songkran is around the corner so its :o

Regards Allan

Ps does she have any sisters, how olds the auntie, my Thai/American mate is looking for a rich girlfriend who travels alot :D

anyway, enjoy the trip.

Thanks Enjii i will. also you missed the " I'M BORED" bit. I'm just joshing with ya mate and its been fun, lets do it again sometime. Good luck with the application. ummm now Songkran is around the corner so its :o

Regards Allan

Ps does she have any sisters, how olds the auntie, my Thai/American mate is looking for a rich girlfriend who travels alot :D

Well have fun for thai new year. Never experienced it, at least not yet. However i wish you, and my 2 school friends (boyfriend and girlfriend) goodluck during it - i'm sure they will need it :D

It's just my opinion that applying for a tourist visa to go on her own to the UK doesn't make it any easier than applying for a visit visa - to me this visit visa serves a purpose to see the boyfriend and i bet is a very common reason the embassy see. Why would it have been better to apply for a visa purely for holiday?

You are 100% on the button, applying as a tourist doesn't make it any easier. Especially when the applicant is asked where they will be staying. Do they tell the truth, so the ECO wonders why they are staying at a complete stranger's house? Or do they lie, and risk being refused and possibly banned from applying again for the next 10 years because they were caught lying?

The ECOs see many applications of this type, and most are granted. Although Thaicbr's experience shows that liars do sometimes slip though the net, too; and it is the liars and cheats who make it so much more difficult for genuine applicants.

7by7 .and it is the liars and cheats who make it so much more difficult for genuine applicants.

7by7. By using that statement in reference to myself it shows that YOU are so far up your own arse its unbelievable.

WOW, As far as i am aware a tourist is a tourist. When you 1st came to Thailand what address did YOU write on your entry card (did you know exactly where you were staying) Many tourist like to have flexibility to change where they are staying.

I was simply stating that a tourist visa is easier if you are going to the UK for Tourist reasons. As myself and my girlfriend are doing. We are going for 7 days and other than 2 days are following the itinerary that she wrote. If YOU are having a go at me because i was joshing with Enji then bloody well be man enough to come out with that.

Regards and happy Songkran Allan

Edited by thaicbr

7by7 .and it is the liars and cheats who make it so much more difficult for genuine applicants.

7by7. By using that statement in reference to myself it shows that YOU are so far up your own arse its unbelievable.

If you have lied, or advised someone to lie, to obtain a visa then the statement does apply to you.

If you have never lied, or advised someone to lie, to obtain a visa then it doesn't.

I was simply stating that a tourist visa is easier if you are going to the UK for Tourist reasons.
Not necessarily. Whatever the reason for the visit, if one shows that one meets the criteria one will get the visa. If one doesn't then one wont.

Saying one is going as a tourist when one is in reality visiting a friend is lying.

Advising someone to lie to get a visa is highly irresponsible and could have disaterous consequences for any one foolish enough to follow such advice, as the unfortunate victims of the many bogus visa agents have found out to their cost.

'Joshing' the way you now say you were doing with someone in Enjibenji's situation is a childish and heartless thing to do. The man needs help and sound advice, not stupid jokes.

All this, apart from statements of fact, is my opinion; if you do not care for it then that is your problem.

yep your still talking out ya arse. i notice you didn't answer my question.

Not necessarily. Whatever the reason for the visit, if one shows that one meets the criteria one will get the visa. If one doesn't then one wont.

If the above statement were true then Enji's girlfriend would have a visa or are you YOU being callous and brutal in saying this statement. it is not a black and white world any more. Your simplistic and morally correct view does not always work. I hope you enjoy your rose tinted world and have a happy life :D .

Joshing' the way you now say you were doing with someone in Enjibenji's situation is a childish and heartless thing to do. The man needs help and sound advice, not stupid jokes.

And if gentle joshing(which if you note Enji took very well, its a credit to him) makes him THINK about his application then its a good thing. as i said before get off ya high horse :o

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

yep your still talking out ya arse. i notice you didn't answer my question.

The address I put on the entry card on my first visit? The hotel where I was going to be staying, of course. The address I put now? My step-son's, as we stay with him. In other words; the truth!

I see that you have no counter to my argument except to say I am talking out of my arse; which says all anyone needs to know about your argument.

gentle joshing(which if you note Enji took very well, its a credit to him)

Yes, once you excused your remarks by saying it was a joke, Enji acted in a mature and excellent way; all credit to him.

No credit to you for making them in the first place.

I cannot talk about the first refusal as Enji has given me certain information in private.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small(or big?) update - application is ready for collection today. Fingers crossed - i hope the phone call i'm going to get at a very early time of morning here in the UK will be a good one.

Sent on the 9th to the embassy, taking away Good Friday, Thai new year and the weekend, that would make the application being processed and sent back to the application centre within just 3 days.. and I was expecting to hear around the 24th :D

Hopefully they processed and sent it back quickly as they knew she wanted to come here soon?.. nah, won't get my hopes up again :o

Thanks to everyone who helped!