Bed Supper Club Raided

raybkk

I have heard and seen on Thai TV and Newspapers that there was a raid at the Bed Super Club. This happened earlier this week.

Urine tests and the whole show. Some if it shown on TV.

The caught 2 "High-So" Thais in possession of Cocaine and more being under influence of drugs.

Wonder why this wasn't reported in the English papers in Thailand?!

If it is so important to write constantly about the Q-Bar whenever there is a raid, why dont the write about the even more popular "Bed-supper" Club.

Cause of some Thai high-so's being caught?

I have heard and seen on Thai TV and Newspapers that there was a raid at the Bed Super Club. This happened earlier this week.

Urine tests and the whole show. Some if it shown on TV.

The caught 2 "High-So" Thais in possession of Cocaine and more being under influence of drugs.

Wonder why this wasn't reported in the English papers in Thailand?!

If it is so important to write constantly about the Q-Bar whenever there is a raid, why dont the write about the even more popular "Bed-supper" Club.

Cause of some Thai high-so's being caught?

Interesting.I have often wondered why the Bangkok Post (worst offender)and The Nation(somewhat more open) are so often silent on matters -especially but not limited to crimes -of interest to the expatriate community who presumably form a significant proportion of their reader base.I have also wondered whether there is a commercial case for an independent intelligent minded expat oriented newspaper.One snag would be to discourage the attention of the type of expatriate who currently write letters to the Bangkok Post, a high proportion of whom appear to be mentally unhinged

Yes, heard about. One TG visited with her farang friend.

She had to stay in hospital till next morning to get her medicine in the blood confirmed being medicine.

Bl00dy b....stards. The couple, both I know well, where not happy, 1200 Baht and no fun.

Seems somebody now wants to kill the bed club after failed with Q-bar, or did they?

well as i have posted b4, lets say you are from holland, have a couple of joints and then get your flight over for your 2 week holiday in thailand, that nite you are in a club thats raided and you are urine tested, i wonder how much that would cost you?

welcome to thailand...

I thought after the Q bar raid,it was seen as a gaff by the police.Obviously not,when did this raid happen?

18/1/05, I believe.

Met the couple on Wednesday over dinner, when they mentioned.

Mind you, he is a young exec. from a very big company in Europe, (low salary but bright future, if behaves well and does not, e.g., get in trouble with the police) she is executive secretary to their Asia-agent. Her boss sponsored the visit, saying 'go over there and have a nice time...'

Interesting.I have often wondered why the Bangkok Post (worst offender)and The Nation(somewhat more open) are so often silent on matters -especially but not limited to crimes -of interest to the expatriate community who presumably form a significant proportion of their reader base.I have also wondered whether there is a commercial case for an independent intelligent minded expat oriented newspaper.One snag would be to discourage the attention of the type of expatriate who currently write letters to the Bangkok Post, a high proportion of whom appear to be mentally unhinged

Keep posting these comments. Last year I posted a complaint in here that a certain story was in all the thai language newspapers but not in the Post or The Nation.

Sure enough it was in the Farung section of The Nation the next friday with an explanation that there are complaints that the engish papers do not cover the bad stories.

They are watching. :o

cv

Keep posting these comments. Last year I posted a complaint in here that a certain story was in all the thai language newspapers but not in the Post or The Nation.

Sure enough it was in the Farung section of The Nation the next friday with an explanation that there are complaints that the engish papers do not cover the bad stories.

They are watching. :o

cv

The English language newspapers here all seem to think we are not aware what is going on around us.

Don't forget that Mr T replaced the editor of The Bangkok Post early on in his administration when it was making negative comments about him. He also tried it with The Nation, but failed.

That might have squewed the editorial stance just a little bit.

Also bear in mind that newspapers are always a commercial concern - about 50% cover price and 50% advertising. They naturally only print stories that they deem of interest to their current, or potential, readership. QED. Stick to the internet for the real stuff.

Don't forget that  Mr T replaced the editor of The Bangkok Post early on in his administration when it was making negative comments about him. He also tried it with The Nation, but failed.

That might  have squewed the editorial stance just a little bit.

Also bear in mind that newspapers are always a commercial concern - about 50% cover price and 50% advertising. They naturally only print stories that they deem of interest to their current, or potential, readership. QED. Stick to the internet for the real stuff.

A certain friend of the fearless leader is building up a signifigant stake in the Nation Group as we speak - it wont be long before their editorial policy 'evolves' to be more politically correct.

Considering how much the number of users jumped when there was that subway crash I have a feeling that since the tsunami alot more people are coming here for their news.

The word is out. :o

I also get asia-pacific info here about 2-3 days before it hits the Canadian or US news.

cv

Edited by cdnvic

The Tourist authority is practically begging people to come visit after the tsunami.

Now the cops are raiding high end nightclubs and demanding urine samples.

Goofy policy.

But then again, using drugs is illegal. Should the cops only look at "low class" places because hisos and expats would never get involved in drugs? Nah.

You just need to think of Wall St and other financial centres and then look at all the stories of brokers, bankers, lawyers etc getting high on various drugs. Too much money and too few brain cells. Look at the story a few weeks ago at a Thai pop star getting caught in a drugs bust.

If it was just a normal spot check raid then sorry folks, I am all for that.

If it part of some business war then it stinks but if you are doing drugs and were caught then I have no sympathy for you.

The Tourist authority is practically begging people to come visit after the tsunami.

Goofy policy.

But then again, using drugs is illegal. Should the cops only look at "low class" places because hisos and expats would never get involved in drugs? Nah.

You just need to think of Wall St and other financial centres and then look at all the stories of brokers, bankers, lawyers etc getting high on various drugs. Too much money and too few brain cells. Look at the story a few weeks ago at a Thai pop star getting caught in a drugs bust.

If it part of some business war then it stinks but if you are doing drugs and were caught then I have no sympathy for you.

The big fuss over the Q-bar raid was not really the drug testing,but the fact that many farang were taken into custody and held till somebody went to get their passports,copies were not allowed.As we have no first hand account,it to early to tell if that happened here.

Now I am sure you are going to say,well if its the law to carry your passport they deserved it,but i still never carry mine,its to important.

Drug testing is almost part of life now,I have worked for firms where testing was done randomly,and lots of countries check clubs.Except Holland,where you can have your E tested to make sure its pure

Drug testing in Thailand is nothing new. Go back as far 1998 for en-mass drug testing in bars & clubs.

School kids are given random tests, as are prospective monks wishing to be ordained.

The Q bar has been raided three times to my knowledge. Its an easy touch when you realise the clientele that frequents it.

This is not a big deal at all. I support it wholeheartedly. What better night for a raid, HIP HOP NIGHT. You gotta love that. It's much worse in the states really. My brother owns a Hip Hop Bar and he has had cops with dogs sniffing cars in the parking lots, and finding drugs. The cops also have an entrapment program where they have undercover hot chicks try and purchase or obtain drugs from employees and customers, quite successfully and unsuccessfully, thru unscrupulous means. What the Thais are doing is no big deal

It's a mistake to regard the Nation and the Bangkok post as products targetting the interests of the expat/tourist community here. As far as I'd guess, the priorities for those papers, in this order, are:

1. To give the appearance of a fair, competitive English-language version of the press in a newly-developing country;

2. To give hi-so types here an English language version of their own news;

3. To provide a forum and services for some elements of the expat community

The third goal is important only when it doesn't interfere with the first two. The Thai stories in those papers certainly wouldn't meet Western standards of journalism, especially if reporting on politics, crime, or military affairs. Although, to be fair, there aren't too many Western papers anymore that meet what I've been taught to regard as Western standards of journalism.

Any attempt to run a "renegade" paper with real journalistic integrity based on Thai news would meet with disaster, if it even managed to get off the ground.

"Steven"

It's much worse in the states really. My brother owns a Hip Hop Bar and he has had cops with dogs sniffing cars in the parking lots, and finding drugs. The cops also have an entrapment program where they have undercover hot chicks try and purchase or obtain drugs from employees and customers, quite successfully and unsuccessfully, thru unscrupulous means. What the Thais are doing is no big deal

couple of points... I would certainly say it is NOT worse in the USA. I never heard of urine drug testing at a club there which is much more invasive than a dog sniffing your car.

I wouldn't consider it "entrapment" unless the police were selling the drugs as it's common and normal police procedure to purchase drugs.

What the Thais are doing IS a big deal.

But then again, using drugs is illegal.  Should the cops only look at "low class" places because hisos and expats would never get involved in drugs?  Nah. 

You just need to think of Wall St and other financial centres and then look at all the stories of brokers, bankers, lawyers etc getting high on various drugs.  Too much money and too few brain cells.  Look at the story a few weeks ago at a Thai pop star getting caught in a drugs bust.

The 'BeerGarden' on soi seven was raided on Sunday.

Some may call it 'low class'.

Funnily enough no-one was busted!

Goofy policy.

The big fuss over the Q-bar raid was not really the drug testing,but the fact that many farang were taken into custody and held till somebody went to get their passports,copies were not allowed.As we have no first hand account,it to early to tell if that happened here.

Now I am sure you are going to say,well if its the law to carry your passport they deserved it,but i still never carry mine,its to important.

Drug testing is almost part of life now,I have worked for firms where testing was done randomly,and lots of countries check clubs.Except Holland,where you can have your E tested to make sure its pure

I have always thought that it was OK if you just carried a good photo copy of the 'identification' pages of your passport plus a photo copy of your current valid Thai visa page.

It's much worse in the states really. My brother owns a Hip Hop Bar and he has had cops with dogs sniffing cars in the parking lots, and finding drugs. The cops also have an entrapment program where they have undercover hot chicks try and purchase or obtain drugs from employees and customers, quite successfully and unsuccessfully, thru unscrupulous means. What the Thais are doing is no big deal

couple of points... I would certainly say it is NOT worse in the USA. I never heard of urine drug testing at a club there which is much more invasive than a dog sniffing your car.

I wouldn't consider it "entrapment" unless the police were selling the drugs as it's common and normal police procedure to purchase drugs.

Listen, if you have a bunch of people knowingly and willingly going to a club's "hip hop" night, clearly there is probable cause for a drug raid. Anyone attending such a thing is clearly on drugs. May thai police have many more of these "hip hop" club raids

Listen, if you have a bunch of people knowingly and willingly going to a club's "hip hop" night, clearly there is probable cause for a drug raid. Anyone attending such a thing is clearly on drugs. May thai police have many more of these "hip hop" club raids

hahahaha... "probable cause" because of a musical preference?? :o

by using that logic, the police should hang out at the music shops and immediately drug test anyone that buys a Bob Marley CD.

:D

or go to the radio stations and drug test any DJ that plays a Pink Floyd song.... :D

or hang around the Chatuchak Market and immediately drug test anyone who purchases a Limp Bizkit t-shirt... :D

you need to show your passport before you can get into the bed supper place.

Yeah pretty standard here in Sydney now

I was out last weekend and the cops and sniffer dogs were doing the oxford street nightclubs.

Pretty amazing when they walk in ....dancefloor emptys and little plastic bags all over the floor!

Damed infringement on civil libertys.

Be much better if they cops focused on non victimless crime.