The Best Hotel In Pattaya - Location, Price,

Tornado

I would like to ask advice from the Pattaya Expats of returned holiday makers.

Im looking for a Hotel with a gym, pool, no fees for overnight stay for "friends" (for my mate ofcourse), centrally located and a great breakfast. Price = value for money.

what is your thoughts?

I am not saying this is the best hotel in Pattaya,and I have never stayed there,but if your here for a couple of days "fun"(for your friend of couse)it might be worth looking at.

Take a look at there rates,everything from B900 to B5000

http://www.penthousehotel.com/penthouse_hotel/

This is one of the best

http://www.dusit.com/hotel/drp/ joiners fee for sure.

Im looking for a Hotel with a gym, pool, no fees for overnight stay for "friends" (for my mate ofcourse), centrally located and a great breakfast. Price = value for money.

Either the Hard Rock, although the novelty wears thin after a couple of days or the Marriott .....They both have the qualities you are looking for. They have great gyms, good food, central etc....but in the higher price bracket. :o

Edited by pluto_manibo

I would like to ask advice from the Pattaya Expats of returned holiday makers.

what is your thoughts?

You will find that most of the hotels with three and four star ratings will charge you a "joiner" fee for taking a friend back for the evening. These fees range from Bt 500 upwards.

You mentioned the Sabai Lodge which is situated in Soi 2 and has a sister hotel called Sabai Inn which is situated across the road.

The Sabai Lodge offers excellent value for money. It has modern accommodation with a good swimming pool and is located down the Soi from the popular bar complex area and therefore the noise is not a problem. The staff are friendly and helpful.

As far as I am aware they do not charge a "joiner" fee but will of course charge for breakfast if orderered for your friend.

Location is good with plenty of entertainment in the immediate area and soi 2 is situated across the road from the large Big C complex which has numerous retaurants, cafe bars and a supermarket.

It has never taken any longer than 10 minutes for me to get by baht bus from soi 2 to Walking Street which is situated at the end of Beach Road. It takes about 5 minutes by baht bus to get to the bars in Naklua which is at the Northern end of Pattaya and where you will also find some good entertainment. :o

Here's  another  one  for  you  http://www.arecalodge.com/index.html

Areca Lodge is good choice - just off 2nd Road in central part of town nr to Diana Inn and Soi Bukhow.

Siam Bayshore at far end of Walking Street is also worth considering, nice pool, overlooks the sea, but no nightlife within 100 m so its quiet. Also the road is closed at that end of walking street so no noisy motorbikes unless they are going to new pier (which nobody uses) - probably no more than 200m from Electric Blue, Tonys Disco and then your into the main strip off walking street. Think you can get some good deals online but not so sure about joiner fee's.

I have also stayed at Sabai Lodge and found it pretty good - its cheap, the rooms are small and some dont have windows to have a look at the room before you take it, but its pretty relaxed and again location is quiet but lets happening around it.

Personally I would not pay to stay at Penthouse but some like it - very popular with US military as is the bar below it (Kittens a Gogo), but noisy and no pool and the decor - well, you either love it or hate it.

One other choice to consider is the Eden Hotel on soi 17 - its a 5 min motorbike taxi ride from walking street straight down the soi, but its got nice rooms, big pool and food is pretty good. Very good daytime bar adjacent with some nice girls, not pushy and not expensive. I think rooms are about 850-1200 baht a night so its pretty cheap - oh and they have the best short time rooms in Pattaya (not that I have ever tested them of course !!!!). I think they have a website but for sure they have no joiner fee's.

All in all though, I think your going to find your options somewhat limited based on what is available at the moment.

Sabaii Lodge soi 2 - any thoughts?

mmm, a friend of mine ran that place a few years ago..... buy me a beer or 10, and I will tell the stories, but NOTHING for the public domain.

I recommend Flipper in Soi 7 Value and proximity. :D

Also has a sister hotel Flipper Lodge located in soi 8 with deluxe seaview rooms. Both these hotels are "guest friendly" and no "joiner fee" Approx cost Bt 1000 per night.

Just be careful that if you book into Flipper Lodge with a seaview room that you get the room which you have booked. They have been known to put people into the Flipper House rooms in Soi 7 without seaview even though the Flipper Lodge was booked. :o

mmm, a friend of mine ran that place a few years ago..... buy me a beer or 10, and I will tell the stories, but NOTHING for the public domain.

Also has a sister hotel Flipper Lodge located in soi 8 with deluxe seaview rooms. Both these hotels are "guest friendly" and no "joiner fee" Approx cost Bt 1000 per night.

Just be careful that if you book into Flipper Lodge with a seaview room that you get the room which you have booked. They have been known to put people into the Flipper House rooms in Soi 7 without seaview even though the Flipper Lodge was booked. :o

Thanks, I can't remember lodge - house. Normally I just normally drive in the carpark in Soi 7 and the room is ready. The Pick-up is then given a holiday while we walk around.

Soi 7, you would be lucky to see the bay from there, but the pool is nice... :D

Thanks, I can't remember lodge - house. Normally I just normally drive in the carpark in Soi 7 and the room is ready. The Pick-up is then given a holiday while we walk around.

Soi 7, you would be lucky to see the bay from there, but the pool is nice... :D

Another option is the Eastiny - 2 hotels in Soi 8, one at the beach end and the other near to second road. Perfectly OK hotels and good location.

Sunshine Vista on Soi 3 has a nice pool with swim up bar, no joiner fees, breakfast available, and it had a small gym also. Rooms with kithenettes are available.

My last stay was a year ago but I stayed there for probably 5-6 months before buying my condo.