Very Slow Internet Today ...

Boater

Started Yesterday - seems to be only some nodes - some traffic is okay... Skype - no problem, but f.E. Thaivisa, another Thaiforum, Gmail, Google... a non, no but since Afternoon here on Samui okay again..

Wouldn't be surprised if they've done the Internet equivalent of the road blocks they set up when motorcades with self important politicians at the Asean summit having to be raced through while everybody else have to wait forever... i.e. pre-allocated a big chunk of international Internet bandwidth :o

Appaling inetrnational speed today and serious patchiness in the last 2 weeks .. perhaps its a combination of a ham fisted attempt to block Square Head :-

The Information and Communication Technology Minister admitted that authorities have no tools to block the controversial video-link addresses of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnawatra.

Information and Communication Technology Minister, Raniongrak Suwanchawee , stated that the government cannot block the video-link addresses by ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnnawatra, broadcast to protesters of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, as the signal comes from overseas.

Ranongruk, however, stated that the government could take action against Thaksin if his speeches damage the country's key institutions or violate article 63th of the Constitution regarding peaceful gatherings.

The minister also insisted that Thaksin's video-link addresses have never been broadcast via Thai Com or the state run TOT company, as has been alleged.

TOC News

Add to that the ASEAN Summit.... not a happy recipe. :o

Stop posting these local speed tests .... they are not of use to 99% of the TV users.

448457948.png

BTW Like the new look of speedtest.net ...

I am not actually seeing a much speed difference between BKK, London Singapore or LA, just big ping differences, I tried all four on speedtest and they all showed around 0.8Mb down and 0.24Mb up.

regards

Freddie

...Perhaps you're on a lower speed package than some of us are...

I always thought that speed test results are meaningless without knowing the contracted speed. For example, it your contract is for 4.0 Mb and you get only 0.4 Mb, it is not good but if your contract is for 0.4 Mb and you get 0.4 Mb, you are a lucky guy.

...Perhaps you're on a lower speed package than some of us are...

I always thought that speed test results are meaningless without knowing the contracted speed. For example, it your contract is for 4.0 Mb and you get only 0.4 Mb, it is not good but if your contract is for 0.4 Mb and you get 0.4 Mb, you are a lucky guy.

Can you guess my package? Hint: look at picture 1.

Wow I have really have high hopes that this Kofi Annan will make a difference as UN Secretary-General. Wait...it's not 1996!

Hmm why when is my connection as slow as it was back in 1996? Ohh, I am a TOT victim :o. To make a simple google search takes over two minutes!

TOT TIT!

It's ok bud. I went from a 450kb/s download speed to 40kb/s literally within an hour, from 5-6pm today, because it's 'peak hour'. The sad thing is, it usually takes a week for speeds like this to recover to its advertised speed, even locally.