Fa Cup Good News Finally!

bangkok blue

Got an e-mail from Stuart Turner today confirming that they have struck a deal with True to show the semis and final!

Although he didn't go into details on the length of the agreement it also covers England matches. By all accounts TRUE showed the Ukraine match last Wednesday, however I didn't see it advertised anywhere!

Enjoy the footy folks!

That England Game 100% wasn't on True BB cos i set my alarm for it & was let down..

They showed France V Slovenia amongst others, Turkey V Spain too & if my memory serves me right, on Thai TV they had Holland V Someone..

Whilst i applaud you for all your effots on this BB, i'm a little bit p*ssed off that only at the Semi Final stage has a deal been struck, being the traditionalist that i am, there was plenty of other Games in this Cup Competition this Year that i would have rather watched than 3 out of the Big 4 again, plus Everton...

Good news MS if 'True'? No pun intended.

But based on previous experience with this topic - will take a wait and see approach.

Irrelevent News really Jimbo i think, we've got all our places ( Bars ) that have the Astro feed sorted out already anyway..

I would have much prefereed, as i said before, to watch the other Rounds instead of Chelsea V Arsenal ( again ) & Man Utd V Everton ( again ) as those younger Rounds are where the real magic of the Cup are..:o

The impression I got from Stuart Turner at the FA is that this is a permanent deal that will continue into next season and beyond. But i am awaiting confirmation of this.

Fingers crossed BB, for the England Games too... :o

I'm hoping these games are going to be on my Malaysian Star and ESPEN anyway. I should know this weekend.

Thanks, but it doesnt do us much good here mate :D

well i'm in bangkok and for some reason my tv channels are provided by astro

maybe there's others in a similar situation

:o

My contact at the nation newspaper has spoken to a representive from TRUE today and will run an article about the new deal in tmrw's edition

Thanks for all of your efforts bb, I was watching the channel 3 news this evening with the English soundtrack and the sports presenter said that the ChelseavArsenal semi final game will be broadcast on CH 3 on the 18th , so it looks like they have sold on the rights on as well for the Thai audience and anyone who doesn't have access to True, the only thing with CH3 is that they don't always supply the alternate English sountrack for the game unlike CH7, just in case it all goes tits up before then and you are in Pattaya Wetherspoons bar on Soi Bukhao have been showing the FA cup and England games via a ESPN/STAR feed from elsewhere in Asia and the beere prices are OK.