Visa Run

mrmike

hi

I sits in Bangsaen....and I need to get a new visa

Ive heard that there is buses that goes from pattaya to cambodja and back over the same day

Is that so and what days/times?....and how much?

I must get a new visa this week

help highly appreciated

mike

There are many travel agents in Pattaya offering day return visa trips to the Thai border.

The best I have used is Express Visa on Soi Post Office 2300 baht return including Cambodian Visa breakfast and packed lunch. (Everyday)

I like this company as they are the quickest I have experienced. Leaving Pattaya at 7am and returning at around 2:30pm.

Mr Boon (Soi Post Office again) offers a cheaper alternative at 2000 baht on Wednesdays or Sundays(Coach as opposed to minibus) but whenever I have gone with this company the turnaround time at the border has been around 5 hours meaning a 7pm return time.

By new visa i assume you mean a 30 day stamp (or a re-entry stamp on an existing visa)..........as you cannot get a "new" visa at the border. If so "Five Star visa runs" who operate out of The Sportsman on Soi 13 are one of the best........choice of Smoking or Non Smoking mini bus.....breakfast at the Sportsman....(2300 baht all inc.) ....packed lunch on way back.........and back into Pattaya at 3pm.........they do the run to Poi-Pet (service everyday). ..........maximum 5 people on bus. Another alternative is The Visa Shop in Soi Bourkhao (bottom of Soi Diana) you do the run to Pong Nam Ron (sp?) similar set up ....longer journey , but less time at the border......this run is only available on a Monday however.

Edited by thaiflyer1

By  new  visa  i  assume  you  mean  a  30  day  stamp (or  a  re-entry  stamp  on  an  existing  visa)..........as  you  cannot  get  a  "new"  visa  at  the  border.  If  so  "Five  Star  visa  runs"  who  operate  out  of  The  Sportsman  on  Soi  13  are  one  of  the  best........choice  of  Smoking  or  Non  Smoking  mini  bus.....breakfast  at the  Sportsman....(2300 baht  all  inc.) ....packed  lunch  on  way  back.........and  back  into  Pattaya  at  3pm.........they  do  the  run  to  Poi-Pet (service  everyday). ..........maximum  5  people  on  bus.  Another  alternative  is  The  Visa  Shop  in  Soi  Bourkhao  (bottom  of  Soi  Diana)  you  do  the  run  to  Pong  Nam  Ron (sp?)  similar  set  up ....longer  journey ,  but  less  time  at  the  border......this  run  is  only  available  on    a  Monday  however.

im looking for another 60days visa.....that would be ab re-entry stamp I guess

is that Five star visa run, starting at 7 in the morning?...you have an phone number?

There are many travel agents in Pattaya offering day return visa trips to the Thai border.

The best I have used is Express Visa on Soi Post Office 2300 baht return including Cambodian Visa breakfast and packed lunch. (Everyday)

I like this company as they are the quickest I have experienced. Leaving Pattaya at 7am and returning at around 2:30pm.

Mr Boon (Soi Post Office again) offers a cheaper alternative at 2000 baht on Wednesdays or Sundays(Coach as opposed to minibus) but whenever I have gone with this company the turnaround time at the border has been around 5 hours meaning a 7pm return time.

do you have a phone number to the Express Visa ?

You will not get 60 days at Cambodia. 30 Days is the max.

As SEAtramp says you will not get a "new" tourist visa at the border you/ll get 30 days stay (assuming you are from one of the 41 qualifying countries). What do you have in your passport at the moment? A single entry tourist visa or double entry tourist visa? If its a double entry then you can go to the border and use the second entry on the visa to re-enter and obtain a further 60 day stay.........if it is only a single entry (which i suspect) then the best you can do is a further 30 day stay. You have one other alternative and thats to head down to Malaysia (Penang) and obtain a "new" tourist visa..........really just depends how much longer you intend to stay in Thailand, if its 30 days or less just go to the Cambodian border if its going to be another 6 months you are staying then go down to Penang and get a new double entry tourist visa.

Sorry i/m a bit slow today, this 60 day visa have you extended it by 30 days at local immigration within Thailand already ? If you have not you need simply to go to Pattaya Immigration in Soi 8 and apply for a 30 day extension the fee is 1900 baht.....you/ll need passport photos and copies of your passport but there is a little booth just outside the immigration office which will do them for you.

Sorry i/m a bit slow today, this 60 day visa have you extended it by 30 days at local immigration within Thailand already ? If you have not you need simply to go to Pattaya Immigration in Soi 8 and apply for a 30 day extension the fee is 1900 baht.....you/ll need passport photos and copies of your passport but there is a little booth just outside the immigration office which will do them for you.

yepp, had the 30days extended already....so now I must out of the country and hopefully get another 60days

actually, im a little lost here, see ifyou can help me out

1) in Sweden I got a tourist visa for 60 days

2) I have in Bangsaen got another 30 days (1900bath) and that one last till 30 january

3)now, what can I do the best (intending to stay several more months in thailand...atleast to the end of april)????

do you have a phone number to the Express Visa ?

I don't have the number to hand but I will find out tonight when I pass and post it tomorrow morning.

2) I have in Bangsaen got another 30 days (1900bath) and that one last till 30 january

3)now, what can I do the best (intending to stay several more months in thailand...atleast to the end of april)????

You will either have to make the one day trip to Cambodia every 30 days or fly to somewhere like Penang, Malaysia for 2/3 days and apply for a new sixty day tourist visa and extend it for 30 days on expiry.

You will either have to make the one day trip to Cambodia every 30 days or fly to somewhere like Penang, Malaysia for 2/3 days and apply for a new sixty day tourist visa and extend it for 30 days on expiry.

If you are looking at several more months go to Penang and apply for a double entry tourist visa that will give you a further 180 days here (with two 30 day extensions at local immigration and 1 border run at the 90 day stage...........this option is a lot less hassle than running to the border every 30 days in my opinion.

If you are looking at several more months go to Penang and apply for a double entry tourist visa that will give you a further 180 days here (with two 30 day extensions at local immigration and 1 border run at the 90 day stage...........this option is a lot less hassle than running to the border every 30 days in my opinion.

regarding the double entry....is that 60 days and 30 extension and then 60 days (from cambodja) and then another 30 days of extension...?

seems like im running out of time here.....guess I take the cambodja 30 day this week and after that do the smart one (when you explained it so the swede understand :o )

thanks anyway

Last time I went to Cambodia on a Visa run , one of the guys on the bus got a 60 day stamp on reentry. during the course of previous conversation he told me 'that they do a 60 day renewal here' and he got it.

If economy comes into it I use Cambodia Inter, 261/5 Soi Buakhoa, Pattaya City, phone 038 421 590, at 1700bht Weds & Sun not much chance of getting back by 2.30pm though! However they do let TGF go for 500 bht which is more than most of them do wanting the full monty. The shop is about a kilometre down a street almost opposite Friendship supermarket South pattaya Road, meet there at 7am and they take you to the bus , a big double decker.

They also sell a six seater VIP for 2000bht, daily, no experience of that.

Edited by fisherd3

Last time I went to Cambodia on a Visa run , one of the guys on the bus got a 60 day stamp on reentry.  during the course of previous conversation he told me  'that they do a 60 day renewal here' and he got it.

He will of only got a 60 day stamp if he was using the second/third entry on a double/triple tourist visa............anyone entering Thailand without a valid visa in their passport recieves 30 days (once again thats if they are from one of the 41 qualifying countries).

regarding the double entry....is that 60 days and 30 extension and then 60 days (from cambodja) and then another 30 days of extension...?

seems like im running out of time here.....guess I take the cambodja 30 day this week and after that do the smart one (when you explained it so the swede understand  :o )

Yes you have understood correctly 60 day + 30 day extension then exit Thailand and re-enter on the second entry of the visa for another 60 days stay which in turn can be extended by 30 days at local immigration ..........as you say you are running out of time, do the 30 day run to Cambodia and then plan on a trip to Penang to obtain a double entry tourist visa........... :D

Try Sean at the Visa shop on Soi Bukow just before soi Dianna, he does a run to a different border point which has no queues.

I cant recall the border crossing but there are never more than a dozen people there, lot faster and again only 2200 or 2300 gets you back nice and early and only 6 to a bus

Try Sean at the Visa shop on Soi Bukow just before soi Dianna, he does a run to a different border point which has no queues.

I cant recall the border crossing but there are never more than a dozen people there, lot faster and again only 2200 or 2300 gets you back nice and early and only 6 to a bus

I/d given him that option already ....further reading here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21771 :o

Thaiflyer missed that sorry, however think you will find he is doing it most days now though as it has become so popular.

Yeah i/m going to give him a go in March.......nothing against Five Star visa runs they do an excellent service, its just Poi-Pet.

I saw an advertisement a few months ago where a boat was operating from Pattaya and where you could have a pleasant day sailing and obtain a visa while in International waters off Thailand and be back the same day.

Does anyone know anything more about this? i.e. cost etc.

Mr Mike,

You might get lucky getting a visa on the same day of application, I think they charge a 600 Baht express fee. However this is hit and miss, best advice is to stay over one night!

Pattaya Fox,

No, the yacht trip never took off due to harbour immigration not wanting to support visarunners! They would decide to give you a a stamp on a case by case and only to what they called "genuine tourists"

Mr Mike,

You might get lucky getting a visa on the same day of application, I think they charge a 600 Baht express fee. However this is hit and miss, best advice is to stay over one night!

Even better is to plan on a 2/3 night stay because the Thai Consulate in Penang closes at noon so if you travel down by train you will not get there on time (train arrives at 1pm) and if you fly with Air Asia you will be lucky to get to the Consulate before it closes..........normal way is arrive day 1 and hand your passport in to an agent to process for you, day 2 your passport goes to the Consulate with the agent (or you take it yourself if you dont want to use an agent).........day 3 pick your passport back up from agent/consulate at 2pm.....you can then either come back on the Air Asia night flight or stay an extra night in Penang and come back on the train the following day.

I went to Penang for a visa trip a couple of weeks ago. I flew there and back with Air Asia leaving on the late afternoon flight on Wednesday and flying back on the 8pm Friday flight from Penang to Bangkok.

A couple of points:-

1. I used an agent to get my visa Ravi Sharma Travel 46 Leith Street Penang 04-2632145 [email protected]. I handed in my application 9am on the Thursday morning and picked it up at 3pm on the Friday afternoon. I asked if it was possible to submit my application and receive my visa on the same day if I was willing to pay a fee. He said that this was possible with ?????? airline (I forget the name) but not with Air Asia. Maybe someone can contradict this - it's just what he told me.

2. Both my outbound and inbound flights with Air Asia were delayed by at least an hour. I don't know if this is typical but if your travelling on the early morning flight such a delay would make it impossible to subit your application the same morning.

thanks very much all............btw: Ive heard that overstay of ones visa cost 50bath per day....well, that cant be true can it? (that would be 1500bath a month leaving one with "profit")

It's not true. The overstay fee is 200 baht a day and it will cost you a ###### of a lot more if you get caught on overstay before you make it to the border.

Overstaying Thai visas is for losers - don't even think about it.