Visa Run

mrmike

Penang only issue visa's on weekdays. And never on public holidays. Two of which falls in Febuary 1st & 22nd.

Good point , dont forget when planning your trip its not just Thai public holidays that the Consulate is closed for but also Malaysian public holidays.

thanks very much all............btw: Ive heard that overstay of ones visa cost 50bath per day....well, that cant be true can it? (that would be 1500bath a month leaving one with "profit")

It's not true. The overstay fee is 200 baht a day and it will cost you a ###### of a lot more if you get caught on overstay before you make it to the border.

Overstaying Thai visas is for losers - don't even think about it.

200bath X 30 = 6000bath a month......so already there am I sold on the idea not doing it......thanks

Penang only issue visa's on weekdays. And never on public holidays. Two of which falls in Febuary 1st & 22nd.

Good point , dont forget when planning your trip its not just Thai public holidays that the Consulate is closed for but also Malaysian public holidays.

maybe its even easier to just do the 1 day a month ride pattaya/cambodja á 2300bath......question is if one actually save some time doing the 3 day malasia trip.....and hardly any money....well, I dont know

There are many travel agents in Pattaya offering day return visa trips to the Thai border.

The best I have used is Express Visa on Soi Post Office 2300 baht return including Cambodian Visa breakfast and packed lunch. (Everyday)

I like this company as they are the quickest I have experienced. Leaving Pattaya at 7am and returning at around 2:30pm.

Mr Boon (Soi Post Office again) offers a cheaper alternative at 2000 baht on Wednesdays or Sundays(Coach as opposed to minibus) but whenever I have gone with this company the turnaround time at the border has been around 5 hours meaning a 7pm return time.

do you have a phone number to the Express Visa ?

I don't have the number to hand but I will find out tonight when I pass and post it tomorrow morning.

did you find the number?

ok, so it looks like the:

Epress Visa at soi post office or

Five star visa run at soi 13, are the best options for the visa run tomorrow or friday, right?

now, me go by bus from bangsaen, hopefully arriving at time in Pattaya (never been there before).....where do I stop the bus the best (if that is an option) in order to get as close as possible to one of the above soi??

and phone numbers to the above, if you can get them easily, would be nice to have so its not fully booked when I arrive.... :o

Ive thrown my last receipt for Five Star Visa runs out but here is the number for The Sportsman where they operate out of they should be able to help you.....038-710609. Easiest way for the bus is if you ask to get off at Pattaya Klang (Central/middle Road).....get off the bus and walk across Sukhumwit and start walking down Pattaya Klang you/ll see Songthaews (baht buses ) on the left get in one (making sure he is going down to the beach road and not turning off)......he/ll work his way along the beach road when you see a big department store named Mikes, Soi 13 is 2 soi's on the left after this......get off walk up the Soi and the Sportsman is halfway up on the right. (alternatively pay a little more and charter the baht bus to soi 13,this way he/ll know where to take you). Remember you need to be at the Sportsman by 6am.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Ive  thrown  my  last  receipt  for  Five  Star  Visa  runs  out  but  here  is  the  number  for  The  Sportsman  where  they  operate  out  of  they  should  be  able  to  help  you.....038-710609.  Easiest  way  for  the  bus  is  if  you  ask  to  get  off  at  Pattaya  Klang  (Central/middle  Road).....get  off  the  bus  and  walk  across  Sukhumwit  and  start  walking  down  Pattaya  Klang  you/ll  see  Songthaews (baht  buses )  on  the  left  get  in  one  (making  sure  he  is  going  down  to  the  beach  road  and  not  turning  off)......he/ll  work  his  way  along  the  beach  road  when  you  see  a  big  department  store  named  Mikes, Soi  13  is  2  soi's  on  the  left  after  this......get  off  walk  up  the  Soi  and  the  Sportsman  is  halfway  up  on  the  right.  (alternatively  pay  a  little  more  and  charter  the  baht  bus  to  soi 13,this  way  he/ll  know  where  to  take  you).  Remember  you  need  to  be  at  the  Sportsman  by  6am.

thanks very much for the help.....6pm seems be hard to do, so I guess I must hit the Pattaya one day earlier (like tonight)

Ive  thrown  my  last  receipt  for  Five  Star  Visa  runs  out  but  here  is  the  number  for  The  Sportsman  where  they  operate  out  of  they  should  be  able  to  help  you.....038-710609.  Easiest  way  for  the  bus  is  if  you  ask  to  get  off  at  Pattaya  Klang  (Central/middle  Road).....get  off  the  bus  and  walk  across  Sukhumwit  and  start  walking  down  Pattaya  Klang  you/ll  see  Songthaews (baht  buses )  on  the  left  get  in  one  (making  sure  he  is  going  down  to  the  beach  road  and  not  turning  off)......he/ll  work  his  way  along  the  beach  road  when  you  see  a  big  department  store  named  Mikes, Soi  13  is  2  soi's  on  the  left  after  this......get  off  walk  up  the  Soi  and  the  Sportsman  is  halfway  up  on  the  right.  (alternatively  pay  a  little  more  and  charter  the  baht  bus  to  soi 13,this  way  he/ll  know  where  to  take  you).  Remember  you  need  to  be  at  the  Sportsman  by  6am.

thanks very much for the help.....6pm seems be hard to do, so I guess I must hit the Pattaya one day earlier (like tonight)

btw: is there any cheap hotel there somewhere for lets say 2 nights?

Cheap hotel..........if its only for the visa run you could try The Apex on the 2nd road its fairly cheap at 500 baht ish. ......if you can stretch to 1000 baht/night the Lek hotel would be a good choice as it is at the top of Soi 13 / 2nd road literally 1 min walk to Sportsman. http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/

Edited by thaiflyer1

Cheap  hotel..........if  its  only  for  the  visa  run  you  could  try  The  Apex  on  the  2nd  road  its  fairly  cheap  at  500  baht  ish. ......if  you  can  stretch  to  1000  baht/night  the  Lek  hotel  would  be  a  good  choice  as  it  is  at  the  top  of  Soi  13 / 2nd  road  literally  1  min  walk  to  Sportsman.  http://www.asiatravel.com/lek/

again very much thanks....your very friendly