Suvarnabhumi To Chiang Mai

murni

Personally I would think twice before taking a bus between now and the 16-17 April. Road accidents are very common because of drunk driving, high level of traffic, lack of sleep and water fighting.

Try to fly instead, if you can find seats (check with the low cost airline counters on Suvarnabhumi).

The trains are likely to be fully booked, otherwise that would be a decent option as well (preferable form of travel in my opinion).

Personally I would think twice before taking a bus between now and the 16-17 April. Road accidents are very common because of drunk driving, high level of traffic, lack of sleep and water fighting.

Try to fly instead, if you can find seats (check with the low cost airline counters on Suvarnabhumi).

The trains are likely to be fully booked, otherwise that would be a decent option as well (preferable form of travel in my opinion).

Thanks for the advice & info. It is actually my who wants to know as she is coming over in Sept & is trying to save money on air fares.

Well, considering you know this MONTHS in advance, and for a low season month like September at that, I bet you will be able to get Air Asia fares for not that much more than a first class bus.. It's probbaly a little too far out to book, but doesn't hurt to check. Probably by July or something you'll see great fares.

Do any of you Know if there are VIP buses from the airport to Chiang Mai?

Thanks

You might want to read this

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suvarnabhum-...55#entry2595055

Additional note: since the end of March 2009, all Thai airways domestic flight has been moved to Suvarnabhumi airport.

And, by the way, Air Asia fare from Suvarnabhumi to Chiang Mai is around 600-1700 baht (depends on seasonal promo), and for September, their fare is 1289 baht (990 baht + tax,etc). While Thai airways normal fare is 2355 baht. Both are prices from their websites.

So, consider between 605 baht 9 hours VIP bus trip and 1289 baht 1 hour flight.