Conversations With Wife/gf

slapout

I've just had the longest lecture from Thai wife ever about the problems.

(wife) I like Thai his storeee (history) army is my hero - no army no democracy :o

(wife) New prime minster has alcoholism ! but not alcohol only ism. :D (after much head scratching and questioning i found the answer ism = knowledge)

alcoholism is in your blood and body and ism = knowledge cause it gets into your body from your parents and friends :D

hope it makes sense... because now I understand, don't you! :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: Still more interesting what they talk than what most (male) Farang usually talk about, which is: Football, football, football, football, beer, football, beer, beer, beer

That would be the Brits. Not us 'proper' people. :o

. I have comunication "brick wall" problems about other matters, due to "cultural reasons", such as lack of truth telling.

Yep, many Farangs lie to Thai women.

Sad.

Why do you even talk? Everything you say is completely assbackwards and opposite of reality.

Hey ,

Your wife beleives the Thai government lies , because while in this case they probably are not , they have done so in the past and do so now , alot , in the case of the Muslim insurgents in the south who are sometimes secretly arrested , jailed , or killed etc etc.

Stop to consider why your wife is a supporter of the red shirts also ,,, I put this in another post earlier today:

how ridiculous is it that the current PM , Abhisti (did I spell that right = don't care) who is supposedly democratic and looking for political reform by doing the following:

* Banning the opposition party from hearing any broadcasts from their leaders by shutting down the one tv station that supports them

* Censoring the press

* Declaring a state of emergency which bans assembly of more than 5 people . Hum,,, how do you have a protest with only 5 people .? you don't ,, thats the point.

* Arresting opposition leaders and charging them with treason against the government . OK , SO LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT ,, NOW IN THAILAND IF YOU PROTEST AND VOICE YOUR OPPOSTIION ,,, IT'S TREASON ?

EXCUSE ME , HOLD ON A MINUTE , WHY DIDN'T THE YELLOW SHIRTS GET ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TREASON , THEY BROUGHT DOWN 2 GOVERNMENTS , CLOSED THE AIRPORTS FOR 8 DAYS COSTING THE COUNTRY BILLIONS ??????

OH , I FORGOT , THEY PUT THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT IN POWER ,,,, SORRY ,,,, . THAT MAKES IT OK.

* And my all time favorite GOVERNMENT ENFORCED AT BY THE BARREL OF A GUN ,, bring out the army with m-16s firing live ammunition mostly in the air but sometimes into the crowds to really stifle debate and protest. But the PM did this in a smart way , he , from what I heard used the 2 army divisions composed mostly of Khun Thai soldiers not from UP COUNTRY , who were less likely to back down against the protesters.

EXCUSE ME HOLD ON A MINUTE, WHY DIDN'T THE ARMY CRACK DOWN ON THE YELLOW SHIRTS ?

OBVIOUSLY THEY WANTED THE LAST TWO GOVERNMENTS TO FAIL , WHY ELSE ?

This doesn't sound like democracy to me , it sounds like dictatorship with the occasional sprinkling of liberty until libery gets out of hand and has to be reined back in.

Thailand is not moving forward its going back in time . What a waste .

Gigiman

Hey ,

Your wife beleives the Thai government lies , because while in this case they probably are not , they have done so in the past and do so now , alot , in the case of the Muslim insurgents in the south who are sometimes secretly arrested , jailed , or killed etc etc.

Stop to consider why your wife is a supporter of the red shirts also ,,, I put this in another post earlier today:

how ridiculous is it that the current PM , Abhisti (did I spell that right = don't care) who is supposedly democratic and looking for political reform by doing the following:

* Banning the opposition party from hearing any broadcasts from their leaders by shutting down the one tv station that supports them

* Censoring the press

* Declaring a state of emergency which bans assembly of more than 5 people . Hum,,, how do you have a protest with only 5 people .? you don't ,, thats the point.

* Arresting opposition leaders and charging them with treason against the government . OK , SO LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT ,, NOW IN THAILAND IF YOU PROTEST AND VOICE YOUR OPPOSTIION ,,, IT'S TREASON ?

EXCUSE ME , HOLD ON A MINUTE , WHY DIDN'T THE YELLOW SHIRTS GET ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TREASON , THEY BROUGHT DOWN 2 GOVERNMENTS , CLOSED THE AIRPORTS FOR 8 DAYS COSTING THE COUNTRY BILLIONS ??????

OH , I FORGOT , THEY PUT THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT IN POWER ,,,, SORRY ,,,, . THAT MAKES IT OK.

* And my all time favorite GOVERNMENT ENFORCED AT BY THE BARREL OF A GUN ,, bring out the army with m-16s firing live ammunition mostly in the air but sometimes into the crowds to really stifle debate and protest. But the PM did this in a smart way , he , from what I heard used the 2 army divisions composed mostly of Khun Thai soldiers not from UP COUNTRY , who were less likely to back down against the protesters.

EXCUSE ME HOLD ON A MINUTE, WHY DIDN'T THE ARMY CRACK DOWN ON THE YELLOW SHIRTS ?

This doesn't sound like democracy to me , it sounds like dictatorship with the occasional sprinkling of liberty until libery gets out of hand and has to be reined back in.

Gigiman

Wow your post is so blatantly one sided, biased and full of lies it makes my eyes bleed a little.

Excuse me but all those actions taken by the current Prime minister were done AFTER the Reds started getting violent and destroying things. DUH! For the love of Pete you can't have violent demonstrations and expect the government to sit there and do nothing. The reds were setting fires, threatening to blow up gas trucks AROUND PEOPLE, shooting and killing citizens, destroying peoples homes and businesses, smashing citizens in the face and beating people, driving BUSES at high speeed into the army ranks!... the list goes on. Why do you forget all THAT?!

You can't have a conversation with a Thai woman about anything other than food or sleeping.

Anything else, outside these two vitally important functions, is a waste of time.

I think you need to meet some different Thai women.

I agree with you. Just sitting here mulling over the latest fiasco of a date. never mind, onwards and upwards.

Thta's the spirit.. :o

And once and for all:

The protests of the yellows were against a "government" that didn't give a rat's ass about country and people but existed only to get one single person reinstated - Thaksin, a convicted criminal who is on the run from a jail sentence and doesn't have the guts to come "home" to even support the people who claim to represent him!! Also that "government" came to power exclusively by blatant vote buying and pressurizing smaller parties who originally didn't want to cooperate with them but were forced to do so, which has been observed by many people including myself with my very own eyes, and all they (that "government") attempted to do was change the constitution in such a way that vote-buying would have been more or less legal, THAT is why the yellows notched their activities up a bid to make sure that won't happen! And successful they were, they could block the "government's" activities long enough for the courts to rule and disband the cheater-party that was controlled and paid by Thaksin who is banned from politics and not even in Thailand!

Also the yellows didn't shoot down innocent bystanders or set fire to buses and buildings. They also didn't commandeer armoured army vehicles, threatened to blow up gas tankers beside apartment blocks or crashed an international summit to make Thailand, their country, the laughing stock of the world.

Yes, they did block roads - so did the reds. Yes, they did block airports - the reds didn't, but exactly how many did that particular activity kill? And those airports were NOT taken by force but simply "handed over" by the airport personnel who sympathized with the yellow movement. There was NO damage whatsoever to the airport, when PAD left it was probably cleaner than during daily operations!

Oh, and don't forget that the reds back then attacked the yellows, which resulted in death and injury. Exactly how many yellows attacked the reds in the latest clashes? Where there any yellows AT ALL present? I haven't seen any on television.

Yes i'm one-sided and biased, but that is because i love the TRUTH. And i detest violence from EITHER side, however when it comes to violence, the reds have it as their basic feature while the yellows resort to it in self defense only (and even then not on a scale like the reds).

Best regards.....

Thanh

You can't have a conversation with a Thai woman about anything other than food or sleeping.

Anything else, outside these two vitally important functions, is a waste of time.

Talk for yourself brother. If you goto church, u find religious people. You must see where u r hanging around.

I can never have an intellectual discussion with any white guys in their home countries. Take a look at this video

Nothing specific to Americans but this is true for people in general in any country.

I do not hang around with BG or sales girls etc. Reason: if I dont go on date with anyone likes them back in my home country, why should I date them here in Thailand. Besides I am not very old (currently 33 years) and not very handsome :o

Unfortunately since I speak and understand little Thai, I can't possibly discuss any of this with any Thai including my wife although it is of great interest to me. But I enjoy exchanging emails with my friends overseas discussing all these goings on. That is just the way it is. Maybe this is best. BTW, what we eat tonight? :o

. I have comunication "brick wall" problems about other matters, due to "cultural reasons", such as lack of truth telling.

Yep, many Farangs lie to Thai women.

Sad.

They always get the truth from me. I have no reson to lie to them.

And once and for all:

The protests of the yellows were against a "government" that didn't give a rat's ass about country and people but existed only to get one single person reinstated - Thaksin, a convicted criminal who is on the run from a jail sentence and doesn't have the guts to come "home" to even support the people who claim to represent him!! Also that "government" came to power exclusively by blatant vote buying and pressurizing smaller parties who originally didn't want to cooperate with them but were forced to do so, which has been observed by many people including myself with my very own eyes, and all they (that "government") attempted to do was change the constitution in such a way that vote-buying would have been more or less legal, THAT is why the yellows notched their activities up a bid to make sure that won't happen! And successful they were, they could block the "government's" activities long enough for the courts to rule and disband the cheater-party that was controlled and paid by Thaksin who is banned from politics and not even in Thailand!

Also the yellows didn't shoot down innocent bystanders or set fire to buses and buildings. They also didn't commandeer armoured army vehicles, threatened to blow up gas tankers beside apartment blocks or crashed an international summit to make Thailand, their country, the laughing stock of the world.

Yes, they did block roads - so did the reds. Yes, they did block airports - the reds didn't, but exactly how many did that particular activity kill? And those airports were NOT taken by force but simply "handed over" by the airport personnel who sympathized with the yellow movement. There was NO damage whatsoever to the airport, when PAD left it was probably cleaner than during daily operations!

Oh, and don't forget that the reds back then attacked the yellows, which resulted in death and injury. Exactly how many yellows attacked the reds in the latest clashes? Where there any yellows AT ALL present? I haven't seen any on television.

Yes i'm one-sided and biased, but that is because i love the TRUTH. And i detest violence from EITHER side, however when it comes to violence, the reds have it as their basic feature while the yellows resort to it in self defense only (and even then not on a scale like the reds).

Best regards.....

Thanh

Spot on !

I like the previous post you made, funny as f6uck and oh so true lol

Hey...it's not just sleeping and eating...

You forgot to add... Thai television... Thai music/musicians... what's up with the Thai family/relatives... and occasionally... sex.... :o

Cosmetics, the new handbag of the neighbor, the new Flip Flops of the Fruit vendor, the latest gossip in general,

the size of any of the known male's sex organs... other private intimacies all the way up to the tiniest detail,

the lottery number in breadth and lenght, the last and next tambun..!

Talk for yourself brother. If you goto church, u find religious people. You must see where u r hanging around.

I can never have an intellectual discussion with any white guys in their home countries. Take a look at this video

Nothing specific to Americans but this is true for people in general in any country.

I do not hang around with BG or sales girls etc. Reason: if I dont go on date with anyone likes them back in my home country, why should I date them here in Thailand. Besides I am not very old (currently 33 years) and not very handsome :o

I refer you to the same answer I gave Mr. H90.

WHERE in my post do I mention bars or bargirls?

Yeap,

Your are 100 % right when you say the PAD want to end democracy here,, they have proposed taking away the right to vote from the rural poor because as they say they are too ignorant to know who they are voting for and should have a representative appointed to vote for them.

WHAT AN INSULT !! If an elitist PAD type told me they were taking away my right to vote I'd be angry too.

No wonder the red shirts are out protesting . :D

The PAD have admitted in public that they want to end direct democracy in Thailand and every party buys votes. How are the reds any worse? :o

Yeap,

Your are 100 % right when you say the PAD want to end democracy here,, they have proposed taking away the right to vote from the rural poor because as they say they are too ignorant to know who they are voting for and should have a representative appointed to vote for them.

WHAT AN INSULT !! If an elitist PAD type told me they were taking away my right to vote I'd be angry too.

No wonder the red shirts are out protesting . :D

The PAD have admitted in public that they want to end direct democracy in Thailand and every party buys votes. How are the reds any worse? :o

I think you're in the wrong thread.

The propaganda threads are running in News Clippings.

This thread is all about trying to have conversations with Thai wives and/or girlfriends.

Edited by cymruambyth1

I was in sukhumvit hospital recently and got talking to my Doctor; a female nose and mouth specalist. I was about to have my sinus examined via a small telesoptic camera. Before she started the examination she asked me what I thought about the current political situation in Thailand. I shrugged and said that I don't really want to tell you what I think because you might be offended. She said 'don't worry I won't kill you'. I took a look at the calendar behind her desk and then took a look at the operating instruments on a trolley beside her and said 'No, really, I don't know anything about it.'

Be carefull who you talk to, especially if there are sharp objects to hand.

As for the girlfriend, we don't talk about politics as it just an embrasement to her and her country.

Better to not say anything to Thais about the situation at the moment me thinks.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

My wife voted for Abhisit once during the dictatorship of Thaksins reign .

All the other times she had to vote I asked what she voted for and she always ads a cross .

She doesn't like anything from top to bottom , but always adds what can I do about it ?

And always ads what they ever do for me ( poiliticians ) ?

She thinks they are all one and the same , hungry for power through corruption , not caring genuine

care of the people . But she does vote every time . But has nothing to vote for .

She almost never go to a temple , cause she says real Buddhism is in the way of living thinking at heart , when she looks at

a temple the only thing the monks care about is to make it more beautiful then their neighbour Wat , and

counting the money they earned today , and lazy males turning into monkhood for free food ......

About the Reds and Yellows she says 'gon Baaa' , think she just is a very to the point lady not letting

anything influence her personal way of thinking ....basically she doesn't care and is tired of all the nonsense .

thank god my wife as lived in the west ,she thinks they are all a bunch of w-nkers

You beat me to it mate, I was gonna say the exact same thing. My wife just complains that many business people she knows are having a hard time of it right now, and the demonstrations (yes, including the PAD) have not helped them at all. It's always gratifying to hear a Thai say to you, "I dont understand what is going on in these peoples minds right now".

hel_l, I have felt like that for 30 years :o

regards

Freddie

PS: Still more interesting what they talk than what most (male) Farang usually talk about, which is: Football, football, football, football, beer, football, beer, beer, beer

That would be the Brits. Not us 'proper' people. :o

Shame on you Tawp, you havn't met the real brits yet, those of us who can hold our heads up high and say lets talk about Rugby, Rugby,Rugby,Beer,Rugby,Rugby,F1,Beer,F1,Rugby,Beer :D :D :D

regards

Freddie

That would be the Brits. Not us 'proper' people. :D

No, football mentioned far too many times for this Brit, could we substitute football for something else, more beer would be my choice..... :o

On second thoughts, you are right TAWP :D

i find it interesting how everybody is fighting for democracy and willing to result to violence. on the other hand it is not as easy as giving each person one voice. you and i both know that will never happen until people in this country from the bottom to the top stand up to corruption. which judging by the latest events may never happen.

Wife was glued to the Red Television channel for several days (yes she is supporter) When the army finally went in to stop the destruction and mayhem, the Red Channel speakers(sounded like baptist preachers), said that the army was killing people and hauling bodies away in trucks. (her translation to me) I pointed out CNN, BBC and the local Thai news were saying there were no deaths caused by the army. Her response was the Thai government lied to Thai Television. Me; Ok, what about International news? Thai government tell them to lie. Me; What about live video I am watching. Come and watch with me. NO, only Red Shirt television tells the truth. Thank bejesus they shut that crap station down. I can see the humor, but the wife is pissed at the world over this whole circle jerk.. Anyone have similar experience or am I the lone ranger?

--------------------------------------------

I live up in isaan (Chaiyaphum) and most up here want these maniacs to stop (all involved). But have experienced what you

say in other areas.. if it is easy to manipulate people in west... how easy isn´t it here in Thailand... my god!!!!

Glegolo

Hey ,

* Censoring the press

Gigiman

Wow your post is so blatantly one sided, biased and full of lies it makes my eyes bleed a little.

Excuse me but all those actions taken by the current Prime minister were done AFTER the Reds started getting violent and destroying things. DUH! For the love of Pete you can't have violent demonstrations and expect the government to sit there and do nothing. The reds were setting fires, threatening to blow up gas trucks AROUND PEOPLE, shooting and killing citizens, destroying peoples homes and businesses, smashing citizens in the face and beating people, driving BUSES at high speeed into the army ranks!... the list goes on. Why do you forget all THAT?!

OH and who is the fool calling some one one sided - I think your the one who has forgotten may i suggest you reread your post again-=- the reality is that most things that the OP said are true -- ya sure there were some extreme elements amoungst the reds but i think you should cast your mind back to last year -- the PAD head of security who blew himself when his 4x4 exploded because it was full of explosive - the scenes on tv of PAD yellow back thugs shooting pistols and rifles at the anti yellow mob - - the attacks on those who opposed then - the hew and cry from them when police moved in to get them out of govt house-= the theft and destruction to property at govt - the closure of the two airport and also phuket -- the lost of billions of baht in tourism revenue - the long term damage -- the toppling of two govts == which let to a PM not elected by the people --- the fact that none of the YELLOW TERROR have faced court - let alone been charged with anything serious -= while the REDS are getting the book thrown at them -=- so come on = take of your yellow tinged one eyed glasses for a while and face reality ---=-

no someone who fight against corruption and for democracy (even with wrong methods ideas if you think so) is not the same bad as someone who want a criminal corrupt leader installed.

You recall the last Thaksin election when he tried everything to fake the election with bribing small parties, so without PAD we would live in a Thaksin dictatorship

Amen. One perspective Ive not read here yet; The Reds supposedly responsible for the violence in Bangkok. The Yellows are indisputably responsible for the taking over 3 airports?, at least 1 being an international one, leaving 100,000? 300,000? foreigners stranded. Where I come from, this is elevates the group to the same playing field as an international terrorist organization. Doesnt make a hill of beans that it was done on "home turf"

I too have seen the interview with Yellow leaders that outright stated that democracy doesnt work in Thailand. Didn't others say that in Vietnam, Loas, China........

Hey...it's not just sleeping and eating...

You forgot to add... Thai television... Thai music/musicians... what's up with the Thai family/relatives... and occasionally... sex.... :o

And don't forget poo-poo and pee-pee! I think there's usually a 50/50 split on whether it's appropriate subject matter. With the old tgf it always was ok, and usually good for a few laughs.