Evaluate Phaethon S Photo

yumidesign

Well, you asked for an evaluation and frankly I fail to see what you're asking us to evaluate.

A black square with a white border!

And who proclaimed the art of photography is subtractive?

Edited by The Vulcan

You have ruined Phaeton's wonderful photo of his black cat on a dark night by adding a frame and hence bounding the unboundable.

ooops looks like Phaeton ruined it himself. :o

Edited by harrry

Well, you asked for an evaluation and frankly I fail to see what you're asking us to evaluate.

A black square with a white border!

And who proclaimed the art of photography is subtractive?

erh i think this was supposed to be a joke........ something about a black cat on a dark night.

An artwork drawn on a canvas is additive, you start with a blank canvas and include what you like and place the elements where you want

A photographer has the whole world to start with and its up to this artist to exclude in the frame what he or she may desire, therefore photography is subtractive

Its not what you include in your picture or what you look at its how you look at things and what you leave out thats more important

A black square with a white border is just as valid as an image full of vulgar ugly rubbish

This why I'd never post a photo here, talk about asking for a beating... :o

Oh what the hel_l, may as well - here's my photo of a black cat sleeping on a dark night:

ah438fin-ImageF.00001.jpeg

Knock yourselves out.

Quotes from our forum where

Composition could have been better, under exposed and out of focus. other than that, a nice effort.

Yet another great quote by 'yumidesign' who felt

moved

Now for my comments.

It is one of the best HDR's I have even seen. :D

High Dark Range imaging

High Dark Range imaging was originally developed in the late 1990s and early 2000s by 'phaethon'.

'phaethon' detailed picture of a black hole explosion appeared on the cover of "Life" magazine in the mid 2008s. The process of tone mapping together with bracketed exposures of normal digital images, giving the end result a high, often exaggerated dark range, was first reported in 1993 by Cannon camera owners using the "with the lens cap on" method.

Now you all know :D

Yours as ever, truly,

Kan Win :D

High Dark Range imaging

High Dark Range imaging was originally developed in the late 1990s and early 2000s by 'phaethon'.

'phaethon' detailed picture of a black hole explosion appeared on the cover of "Life" magazine in the mid 2008s. The process of tone mapping together with bracketed exposures of normal digital images, giving the end result a high, often exaggerated dark range, was first reported in 1993 by Cannon camera owners using the "with the lens cap on" method.

Now you all know :D

Yours as ever, truly,

Kan Win :o

rubbish.

its just a black square (or a black cat with its eyes closed on a moonless night)

:D