Best Picture 2005

Dr. Burrito

What's the best picture for 2005?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm torn and shall reserve my vote until I've again watched one of these films. Neverland, I dismissed immediately. Silliest nomination ever would be a more likely poll choice for it.

I agree its unlikely Neverland will win but I wonder why you dismiss it out of hand, since you haven't seen it yet.Oh I just noticed:you haven't seen any of the nominated movies.So I guess you just talking in a vacuum.

No, I've seen several. I said I wanted to watch one of them again before deciding. As far as the Depp thing goes, two minutes into it, I threw the DVD out the window to a deserved death.

OK noted but grateful if you would advise why the Academy was wrong to nominate Neverland.If possible it would be helpful to provide a few clear sentences in explanation (as opposed to saying you threw the DVD out the window etc).Can you manage that?

I just didn't like the damned thing. Boring, pretentious. End of the day, movies from author's books are usually more interesting than movies about the author. That is usually anyway.

Just to clarify, my two minutes statement is a bit harsh. It was more like thirty minutes. After that, I couldn't take anymore.

Edited by Dr. Burrito

I just didn't like the damned thing. Boring, pretentious. End of the day, movies from author's books are usually more interesting than movies about the author. That is usually anyway.

Just to clarify, my two minutes statement is a bit harsh. It was more like thirty minutes. After that, I couldn't take anymore.

OK thanks.You didn't really provide the more detailed explanation I was looking for but its your absolute right to have a personal opinion.For what its worth I think Neverland was nominated because it rang all the right bells with the Academy voters who are generally middle aged, conservative and well heeled.They like this sort of costume drama.I quite enjoyed it because of Depp's performance and because of the influence on me as a child of Peter Pan stories.But overall rather light weight although I don't think I would be quite so critical as you.