Do You Think It Could Be Safe To Travel In 10 Weeks With My Daughter's

My Daughter's and I are thinking about traveling to S.Thailand in late June/July for 3 weeks, I realize it's impossible to know whats going to be happening exactly in 10 weeks but considering whats happening now is it or could it be safe for us ?

I'm also not clear about the restrictions to traveling to Thailand right now or if there is any?

Thanks so much - Sorry to hear about the trouble

My Daughter's and I are thinking about traveling to S.Thailand in late June/July for 3 weeks, I realize it's impossible to know whats going to be happening exactly in 10 weeks but considering whats happening now is it or could it be safe for us ?

I'm also not clear about the restrictions to traveling to Thailand right now or if there is any?

With your daughter's what? :o

But seriously, certain areas of Southern Thailand are no-go areas at all times. Outside of those areas, I don't think there is any special need for alarm, and certainly nothing connected to the current problems with the red/yellow shirts.

But seriously, certain areas of Southern Thailand are no-go areas at all times. Outside of those areas, I don't think there is any special need for alarm, and certainly nothing connected to the current problems with the red/yellow shirts.

I agree with all this. Definitely avoid the provinces of Pattani, Narithawat, and Yala, and just to be safe Songkhla also. In terms of the current political situation (red shirts versus yellow shirts), I'm moving to Thailand for retirement in late May and I haven't the slightest hesitation.

We're not going to Yala or that far south, I am a little worried about all the political problems going on there right now with tanks in the streets of Bangkok, fire bombs,rioting in the streets, and shootings.

Now don't get me wrong here, this kind of stuff happens right around us all the time here in the U.S. They now teach kid's in gym class how to dodge real bullets not rubber balls any more(you find out fast the shot guns are the hardest to dodge) :D .

So we would like to get away from all the loud sounds of automatic gunfire and rioting around here for a few weeks and we usually find Thailand so much safer and quieter (I've seen the stats that say otherwise they don't tell the whole story)but I've heard there are travel restrictions? besides the violence going on and I don't want my daughters afraid in Thailand (we can to Rio for that).

We're not going to Yala or that far south, I am a little worried about all the political problems going on there right now with tanks in the streets of Bangkok, fire bombs,rioting in the streets, and shootings.

Now don't get me wrong here, this kind of stuff happens right around us all the time here in the U.S. They now teach kid's in gym class how to dodge real bullets not rubber balls any more(you find out fast the shot guns are the hardest to dodge) :D .

So we would like to get away from all the loud sounds of automatic gunfire and rioting around here for a few weeks and we usually find Thailand so much safer and quieter (I've seen the stats that say otherwise they don't tell the whole story)but I've heard there are travel restrictions? besides the violence going on and I don't want my daughters afraid in Thailand (we can to Rio for that).

My best friend landed on the morning of the crackdown. If I didn't tell him what was going on, he never would have known about the riots in Bangkok. When he got on his plane, he had just heard about the ASEAN summit in Pattaya. If you plan to stay in Bangkok at all, avoid the government house and victory monument areas - stick to tourist areas. If you're not staying in Bangkok, I wouldn't even be concerned. Down south, you won't see any red shirts.

My best friend landed on the morning of the crackdown. If I didn't tell him what was going on, he never would have known about the riots in Bangkok. When he got on his plane, he had just heard about the ASEAN summit in Pattaya. If you plan to stay in Bangkok at all, avoid the government house and victory monument areas - stick to tourist areas. If you're not staying in Bangkok, I wouldn't even be concerned. Down south, you won't see any red shirts.

-Thanks everyone for all your help :o

I'm still wanting to make sure there is no travel restrictions to come in as I had read of some kind on other threads? and do we need to get any special visa for 3 weeks or do they still allow 1 month at the air port? we'll be in Bangkok for a few days before we train south to Krabi. But I'm sure we'll be fine so we'll leave our body armor here at home, our dog could use it.

Thanks again -W.L.T.V (we love Thai Visa)

I actually went out looking for the demonstrations - and was right in the thick of it - to take photos and video. I knew that I was exposing myself to some risk, but I didn't feel it was any more than taking a motorcycle (something that I always try to avoid). Although there were roadblocks scattered throughout Bangkok, even at the height of the protests I don't think there was any real danger posed to tourists above the usual levels that exist. You're far more likely to be involved in a traffic accident or break your legs on the sidewalks. If you are willing to accept the risks of a traffic accident, I say stop worrying about any riots that may happen.