Blood Pressure Monitors

phetaroi

I am due in Bangkok within a month for a retirement visa. While my blood pressure is fairly well under control, there are times it can spike a bit, so I need to have a home blood pressure monitor. Are they readily available in Bangkok. I have always had the Omron brand. What stores carry home blood pressure monitors? Thanks!

I am due in Bangkok within a month for a retirement visa. While my blood pressure is fairly well under control, there are times it can spike a bit, so I need to have a home blood pressure monitor. Are they readily available in Bangkok. I have always had the Omron brand. What stores carry home blood pressure monitors? Thanks!

Available at any of the larger and more reputable pharmacies and/or hospitals.

Some pharmacies will give you a 10 pc discount if you ask for it but I think you will find it hard to find a bargain, especially Omron. Maybe it is best you bring one from home. There is an Omron service centre/supplier here in BKK (Surawong Road) so you can check out new models and also calibrate your own.

Why not bring your current unit? They are available here but not at below cost type price you sometimes find in US. I have a local bought Microlife which seems to work well. Larger drug stores will have behind counter - but probably only one or two models.

yes, do bring your own - the ones here cost a fortune compared to europe...buy a small model if yours is too big to take with.

watsons had some, i don´t remember what they cost - but about 5x as much as in europe...

You could try TA Medic Co, 2432 Sukhumvit Road. Tel: 02 744 9797. I've been there many times, the staff are helpful and friendly and there always seems to be at least one or two people there who speak English.

I went there the other day to get some first aid stuff after slipping on a wet pavement on Suk and cutting up my arm, they helped me clean my wounds, patched me up and didn't charge me a penny, good people.

As Sure has mentioned the cost is in the THB 4,000 range with the price varying very little, depending on the model, no matter where you go (in Bangkok). If you are going to buy one here, best to buy it a hospital's pharmacy. This way you can put a deposit down and then take it to a nurse who will check it against their blood pressure machines.