Thunderbird 1.0

cdnvic

I've been using Firefox for awhile now and found it great, but after recently switching from Outlook Express to Thunderbird I've found it takes sometimes a full minute or more to cycle through 10 accounts on 3 mail servers. OE used to do this in about 15sec.

Anyone else been having this trouble with T-bird or know a solution?

cheers

cv

I too was very impressed with Firefox so I thought that I would have a look at TBird. I was extremely underimpressed with it.

I had previously been using Outlook, (not Express).

Since I have switched to using google's GMail and have done away with POP3ing my mail.

I like GMail alot, it has some features that I never realised that I needed until I started to use them....

I particularly like the way that it keeps a conversation together, that is if I send out an email to friends and/or family and half a dozen of them reply to me then GMail keeps all the messages together in Tabs.

I find Thunderbird quite slow to connect and retrieve from a G-mail account I use for work, but it retrieves very rapidly from a personal POP account I have with another provider (the latter is based on a server in Thailand).

Just a (really wild) guess, could the delay be due to a slow DNS lookup ? Have been having a lot of DNS problems lately with True - and now with Loxinfo.