Buying An Isuzu Top Model Pickup

blackman

i want to buy a second hand Isuzu pickup with 4 doors and a 3 litre engine.

i would like the top model with leather etc

is it called DMax, Hilander, LS ?

there are so many different models its hard to know which one is the best one to look for

can someone advise which model i am looking for?

also if anyone has any buying tips on Isuzu specific faults to be wary of i would appreciate

i have used the search facility but could not find the information i wanted

thank you

HI

Hilander is 2WD and Dmax LS is 4WD (and tends to have a higher specification.)

There are a number of limited editions (GT,Pearl White,Audio Life&Platinum) with leather seats,Kenwood DVD/GPS/rear-view camera and a few other gizmo's.

I can fully recommend one as I have had mine (GT) for 18 months and I am still very pleased with it. I believe the 'gold series' engine is more refined and has the best fuel economy of its group.

Good luck

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

I bought an Isuzu Adventure Master 7 seater 3 litre auto in 2001/2 for £15,400 new, all leather, twin air con and as far as I know (the mother in law has it now) it is working perfectly after 7 years and over 250k on the clock.

Apart from the 5k services, nothing has gone wrong with it, and it's still on second set of tyres. :o

Try to get one of these second hand and you will be pleased. :D

I think there is a 2WD and a 4WD model. The 4WD is called the Rodeo LS. Depending on the year you will have 3 engine types for the 3.0. The old direct injection one, the newer commonrail one, and the brand new gold one with the nose like the toyota vigos with lots more horsepower.

HI

Hilander is 2WD and Dmax LS is 4WD (and tends to have a higher specification.)

There are a number of limited editions (GT,Pearl White,Audio Life&Platinum) with leather seats,Kenwood DVD/GPS/rear-view camera and a few other gizmo's.

I can fully recommend one as I have had mine (GT) for 18 months and I am still very pleased with it. I believe the 'gold series' engine is more refined and has the best fuel economy of its group.

Good luck

Dave

I've got the Highlander 2WD version fo Dave's near enough.

The Gold Series engine he is on about is the VGS engine which has more power and is a newer design. Before the Gold Series, it was only offered on the 4WD variants so I've got the lower powered (but enough) non VGS 3.0L turbo auto.

I think all 3.0L ones now (D-Max) are the VGS engine except perhaps some 2 door ones.

Loads of editions out there prior to Gold Series. A good motor.

If a vehicle has everything you want, what difference does it make if it is the top of the line? It comes down to buying the one that is equipped the way you want.

If a vehicle has everything you want, what difference does it make if it is the top of the line? It comes down to buying the one that is equipped the way you want.

Very true Gary. Also, I find the cost benefit analysis of some of the gimmicks they add onto the very top cars turns negative on occasion !

Like computers, today's best will be superceded tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

I posted that in another thread: I have tried both, Vigo and Dmax, last year. The Vigo has more power. Dmax has better brakes, suspensions, less fuel consumption, and many extras are included.

I bought the top Dmax LS 4x4 auto 08 Gold Series and I am happy until now with two exceptions. The turning circle is really wide and bad drivability in curves. But that's disadvantage of all pick ups I guess.

It's black, which is most beautiful...for 2 days, afterwards it will look dirty quickly.

Check out the Isuzu Thailand webpage

I have a top lid too, which is very comfortable and looks nice, but it had to be readjusted 3 times in the beginning.

Checkout the Carryboy Thailand web page.

at Toyota yesterday and top of the line 4 door pickup in addition to ABS and dual airbags, has traction control, stability control, and cruise.

Could do without traction control and cruise but stability would be nice

at Toyota yesterday and top of the line 4 door pickup in addition to ABS and dual airbags, has traction control, stability control, and cruise.

Could do without traction control and cruise but stability would be nice

Whilst Toyota sorted out the problem promptly :) , If you search back on the words 'Vigo' 'stability' & 'Elk test' you will see why it has a higher spec traction&stability control.

Dave