How To Avoid Paying Taxes

chinga

To avoid paying taxes in my home country I have to provide proof that I am living in Thailand. How do I get this. I asume that I have to subscribe in the familybook of my wifes family and get some proof of the Amphur? But I do not know how I have to get this. Can anyone help me?

You can not be registered in the housebook. It is only for thai people. The owner of the house (your wife ?) should report to the police that you live with them and the police have a form TM 30 to fill in with your name, passportnumber etc.

You should be able to use a copy of this paper as evidence of your adress fot tax purpose in your home country.

Myself when I came from Sweden to live here I just told the tax officer in Sweden that I lived c/o my wife and that I could not be legally registred as a household member.

I gave the address and telephone number to call if they liked to. They accepted that without any objections.

It is my understanding that you state your position to your own country's people.

I wouldn't go registering with the Thai tax authorities or anything like that.

As a point of interest, Thai law makes a distinction between income and savings when living here and earning abroad (not sure how pensions are viewed if not taxed at source) but basically, they want tax on your income unless under a double taxation treaty but they don't want tax on money withdrawn from savings. Last time I went through this (never paid a personal bean here but the businesses have. OK, a couple of beans, literally !). I understand that the technicality is 12 months. So theoretically, if you earned Bt100,000 a month but had Bt1,200,000 in savings, you could technically withdraw previously earned income more than 12 months old, replacing it with income earned now. Not income earned in Thailand though.

It would help to know which country you are from. Every country has their own rules.

I don't think you need to register your residence here.

You can get a certificate of residence from immigration that probably is the best document you can get other than a yellow tambien bahn (house book).

"If you are a Thai resident you can have your name in the blue book."

Are you saying if you reside in Thailand you can have your name in the house registration book?

If so, can you give us info about that because the commonly held opinion is that if you are a foreigner, you can't.

It depends on your "home" country. Every country has different rules. I am a Dutchman. For my Dutch Tax Excemption they ask proof that I live here OR pay taxes here, Income tax.

I have send them (once per 3 years)

my rental contract, in Thai language, and the bankstatement that I have paid for it,

copies of my retirement visa,

copies of my passport proving that I did not leave Thailand in the last 5 years

a statement from the Dutch embassy with my Thai address,

a copy of my Thai driving license,

a copy of the statement of the city in The Netherlands that I left the country (my own statement, nobody checks the flight...)

a copy of my Dutch bankaccounts addressed to my home in Thailand

and a copy of letters from the Dutch Tax Administration send to Thailand.......

I always offer them to send copies of bills paid here, and my Thai bankbook.

Sorry for my poor knowledge of English....

There are different rules for different countries but if you're problem is only to show you're living somewhere else (not in your home country), sometime showing the stamps in your passport (in/out, how many days in your home country, how many days abroad) is enough.

To avoid paying taxes in my home country I have to provide proof that I am living in Thailand. How do I get this. I asume that I have to subscribe in the familybook of my wifes family and get some proof of the Amphur? But I do not know how I have to get this. Can anyone help me?

It is actually very simple.

You hold a british passport, have a bank account in, for instance Luxembourg, live in Thailand, register with your embassy, cancel your place of stay in the UK and have no income any more in the UK and in Thailand.

That's it. No tax in Thailand and no tax payments in the UK.