How Long Will K1 Visa Take?

I just got the letter that the Embassy is ready to receive all of out embassy package pics, letters, forms, etc. We have already got the uscis petition months ago. This letter sounds like they are ready for the interview. How long does it take after we send the entire package to the Embassy til the time see needs to come in for an interview? Does anyone know how long the interview takes? Will they be polite to her? She is very nervous since I will not be able to go in with her. I'm afraid that nervousness will look sketchy to the interviewer. How can I make her feel more confortable because it really is alot of pressure on both of us. She feels if she messes up we can't go to America. Thanks for reading my nervous rambling. I want nothing more than to take my fiancee and son to see this years Super Bowl Champions, the Tampa Bay Bucs play. :o

I just got the letter that the Embassy is ready to receive all of out embassy package pics, letters, forms, etc. We have already got the uscis petition months ago. This letter sounds like they are ready for the interview. How long does it take after we send the entire package to the Embassy til the time see needs to come in for an interview? Does anyone know how long the interview takes? Will they be polite to her? She is very nervous since I will not be able to go in with her. I'm afraid that nervousness will look sketchy to the interviewer. How can I make her feel more confortable because it really is alot of pressure on both of us. She feels if she messes up we can't go to America. Thanks for reading my nervous rambling. I want nothing more than to take my fiancee and son to see this years Super Bowl Champions, the Tampa Bay Bucs play. :o

First of all let me compliment you on such fine taste in American football teams.

As to more pressing, but not necessarily more important matters: the K1 Visa interview. The Embassy is currently not allowing American fiancees into the waiting room during the Visa interview. With the high volume of applicants, I think this is done in an effort to keep the congestion down as the Consular Section is not the biggest room in the world.

You and your fiancee's nervousness is not only normal, but quite common. However, it may be somewhat misplaced. The consular officers are not in the business of playing "stump the applicant," they are simply doing due diligence to ensure that she is who she says she is, that no grounds of inadmissibility exist, and that the two of you have a bona fide relationship. Should there be no grounds of inadmissibility, she is who she says she is, and the two of you are in a bona fide relationship, then there is no particular reason to worry that she would be denied.

That being said, you may receive a 221 g which is a refusal pending further documentation. I have found a 221 g usually arises with regard to name changes since changing one's name in Thailand is relatively simple in comparison with the USA. However, the 221g can be issued for all sorts of reasons and is simply a request by the consular officer to supply more information. Once that information is supplied, the visa is generally granted.

Some applicants, worried about the interview or needing assistance in preparing the documentation mentioned in packet 3, choose to retain an attorney in order to streamline the document gathering process and assist in going over possible interview questions, but not all couples choose to do this as it is dependent upon situation.

Best of Luck,

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal

+66 (0) 2 266-3698

1-877-231-7533