Short-term Apartments In Bangkok

I am looking for an apartment with a 3-month minimum contract. I am thinking around the 10,000-13,000k /month range

Can I get something half-decent for that price? I am basically looking for a 1-bedroom, furnished, where I can get my own internet connection set up.

Are there any good places to go and look such as:

-web sites

-magazines/newspapers

-particular estate agents (catering to expats)

Appreciate any comments :o

I have just found a lot more info on the local Bangkok threads on this forum so will start with that - but feel free to PM/post any additional useful tips.

G

I am looking for an apartment with a 3-month minimum contract.  I am thinking around the 10,000-13,000k /month range

Can I get something half-decent for that price?  I am basically looking for a 1-bedroom, furnished, where I can get my own internet connection set up.

-web sites

-magazines/newspapers

Appreciate any comments  :o

The best place to look for accomodation in bangkok, is the classifieds in the bangkok post. There is info on the web, but it is often out of date. Most serviced apartments have phone lines which cut-off after a set period of time - usually half an hour, so no good for prolonged internet use. The only serviced apartments that i know of that used to have unlimited telephone use is 'King royal garden', which is located next to the blue elephant restaurant, just below surasak bts station. Another option you have is to get a private apartment, which can also be found in the bangkok post, and there's also a new estate agents opened up that is run by a farang and caters for farang also, but the rents do seem a bit pricey. They are located about 150yds to the right of the emporium on sukhumvit.

yeah me 3..

which area are you looking in?

Not sure as to area. I have been staying in a guesthouse near Khaosan Road for the past three months. Am basically looking for something 'central' - i.e.not out in the sticks. You? Not looking for a serviced apartment though.

Zovox - thanks for your comments re internet connection - I have been reading a lot of the threads re internet connections on this forum - on that basis I was thinking that it should be possible to get a connection going (fingers crossed!!)

Edited by George III

I am looking for an apartment with a 3-month minimum contract.  I am thinking around the 10,000-13,000k /month range

Can I get something half-decent for that price?  I am basically looking for a 1-bedroom, furnished, where I can get my own internet connection set up.

-web sites

-magazines/newspapers

Appreciate any comments  :o

Since you asked, you might find some here:

http://www.bahtsold.com/bs_view_ads.php

good luck!

Not looking for a serviced apartment though.

If you are not looking for serviced apartments, you will probably find that most private apartments are 3-4 bedroom ones and rent for 20k and above monthly. On your budget, i don't think you'll have a lot to choose from, so you may not get the area you want - Good luck !

I just spent the last 3 months at Srinakharindra Ville on Srinakharin Road right off the Chonburi Tollway.

I paid B11,000 per month as part of a deal with Samitiveg Hospital, but I believe the rent is normally B14,000 for 1 one bedroom ,fully furnished with small kitchen, cable, maid service once a week, and as I said, it's 500 meters from the Chonburi Expressway so wether you're going into Bangkok or headed South it's very convenient. Phone number is 02379-5910

Hope this helps.

I spent half a day yesterday looking at apartments in the Phaya Thai area. I literally kept my eye out for high-rises and then approached reception staff who then showed me the apartments and answered all my questions. So for those others out there looking, this approach seems to work all right :o

A tried and tested way to find an apartment (well... room + bathgroom) at your price range is to literally take your preferred form of transport to (each of) the area(s) you'd desire to be, do some walking, and ask if there's a room free in any appealing block that has rooms for rent. That's how, three months ago, we secured a clean, modern and quiet one near BTS for under 8K a month, on a 6 month contract. Yes the phone has a 15 minute limit *but* for internet calls the phone's time is unlimited, save that once 500B is clocked up, the phone is rendered AWOL until it's paid.

The only thing that is a little concerning is that occasionally when a heavy goods vehicle passes by, the building does its impression of how it would react to a minor earthquake. However, I'm informed this is not so uncommon in BK...

Broadband is allowed at a nominal *extra* monthly charge + actual broadband cost. However, there are no rooms free where I am at present, & frequenty people stop by and try their luck - so we had some fortune with our timing. But if you persevere, in the way I've described, you should hopefuly have similar luck soon.

Best of luck!

Dude, Phayathai? well there is one there. I had post about this apartments to someone who looks for swimming pool.

it is closed to Pratunam road near the Monument and skytrain. it called "rachaprarop apartment" 1 room, kitchen fully furnished, 1 bathroom, tv, air-con and security camera on every floor. got Swimming Pool, Fitness, Internet cafe, Drug Shop... anyway, I will go get the phone number and the address today. cause I'm going there everyday to swim. but never ask for the address or phone number. I'll post here after when i reached there. oh yeah the price begin around 6000 baht, depend on the floor you need. more higher more expensive.

yours

Dorn

Edited by MistaDorn

I will go get the phone number and the address today. cause I'm going there everyday to swim. but never ask for the address or phone number. I'll post here after when i reached there. oh yeah the price begin around 6000 baht, depend on the floor you need. more higher more expensive.

Please do :o

Serendipitist - thanks for the info ! That's kind of what I have been doing - this is actually a lot of fun (if you have the time avail!). Great way to get some good orientation, hunt for good deals and learning some Thai all at once.

I know about the ratchaprarop apartments. good place. thought about living there once about a year ago. the balconies in some of the units are big enough for a bbq, and a couple of lounge chairs. I asked them if I could install a dedicated phone line, and they replied no. and that was end of story.

other than not allowing dedicated phone line, the only thing I didn't like about the place was that it is at the end of a long alley. the neighborhood is safe, but you had to walk about 2 blocks up this alley to get to the complex. they did have motorcycle taxis going up and down the alley. so, I guest you could go that route. never asked, but a one way trip via motorcycle is probably 5 baht.

somebody mentioned they allow adsl now? when did that happen?

HERE'S

Rachaprarop Mansion

99-1 Rachaprarop road,

Soi boonrachaprarop

Makasan, Rachatewi

Bangkok 10400.

Tel: 022469300

The pic isn't that clear. I captured it with my mobile phone. The Rachaprarop Mansion got 2 building inside. the second building is this picture. the price starting at 6500 baht/month "Old Room" New Room" starting at 8000Baht/month the different maybe the bathroom including bathroom tub. the cheaper don't have. more info call to that number i posted. You'll get discount more low price if you know someone who lived there. if interesting I have some of my friends living there.

Rachaprarop%20Mansion.jpg

Rachaprarop%20Pool.jpg

can anyone confirm whether you can get ADSL into the apartments at Rachaprarop Mansion?

no idea where Rachatewi is, can someone tell me how far it is from Sukhumvit (by motorbike taxi and metre taxi)

Am popping by this place today. Will get details.

Rachatewi road crosses through Victory Monument in a east/west direction. I would say it takes 10-15min to walk briskly in eastern direction from the Monument to Rachaprarop Mansion - hopefully this gives you some idea of location.

can anyone confirm whether you can get ADSL into the apartments at Rachaprarop Mansion?

Yes, you can. You will need to contact the Thai telephone company to install a line. For this privilge, Rachaprarop Mansion will charge you an initial 500 baht and then 100 baht/month - in addition to what you need to pay for the internet to the telecom company. Staff advised me that several guests have done this already and are now surfing - although the majority of these are staying there for 1yr plus.

no idea where Rachatewi is, can someone tell me how far it is from Sukhumvit (by motorbike taxi and metre taxi)

Motorbike taxi to Victory Monument costs 20 baht (without any bartering on my part, so might actually be cheaper!) - taxi ride to Sukumvit approx. 20 minutes (per brochure) so make that approx. 50-70 baht!? and i guess around 50-60 baht for m/bike taxi.

The rooms at the apartments start in the 5k-6k range - and you get what you pay for :o