Rip Off Travel To Koh Larn Warning.

thaibeachlovers

Rip off travel to Koh Larn warning.

If anyone in Pattaya feels like going to Koh Larn for the day, DON'T go with the company that offers a return trip to Samae Beach for 150 bht. They have a sign saying "free deck chair and toilet". They do NOT provide a free deck chair, and don't I know about the toilet ( 10 bht- what a rip off ), as when I was told to pay 100 bht for the deck chair I left. Deck chairs a short distance away are available for 30 bht. I wasn't the only one PO about it, as a European group was having at the guy as well, but all he would say was complain back in Pattaya- right!

The regular boat costs 20 bht, and the songtheaw to Samae costs 40, so you'll save yourself 30 bht on the rip off company.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Thanks for the advise, its nice to know. Its my birthday tomorrow and plan to go to Koh Larn on Friday.

We will go on the 20 bt Boat as usual as the quotes for the Speedboat are ridiculous.

What makes me laugh, the Speedboat owners, hanging around, always try it on - saying that the Boat for Koh Larn finish, saying I am too late. Hoping I will Pay there price and jump in. no way !!!!

>>The regular boat costs 20 bht, <<

I would think that any regular Pattaya visitor would know that . The deck chairs are a higher price on Larn .Never found one there as low as 30 baht myself .

It's nice to let the occasional visitor know this info as well.

The 20 baht ferries are hardly advertised in bright lights.

Thanks for the advise, its nice to know. Its my birthday tomorrow and plan to go to Koh Larn on Friday.

We will go on the 20 bt Boat as usual as the quotes for the Speedboat are ridiculous.

What makes me laugh, the Speedboat owners, hanging around, always try it on - saying that the Boat for Koh Larn finish, saying I am too late. Hoping I will Pay there price and jump in. no way !!!!

Happy Birthday!! Have fun, be safe.

kdf

Happy Birthday!! Have fun, be safe.

kdf

Thankyou kdf :)

Why would anyone wanna go there anyway ?

clean water, white sand. sometimes much better than on koh samui or koh chang.

koh sak near koh larn have very good sand beach and clean water relaxing there when go fishing

Edited by justbob

typically what do the Speedboats charge to Koh Larn ?

2500 baht for a single motor, 4000 baht for 2 motors.

Wouldn't budge on price, but if you have a group it's a nice way to go.

Edited by tropo