Tucom Putor Repairs

sandgroper2

I took my putor to a repairs place Tucom, 3rd floor, up the elevator, right and then left, straight ahead, on the right, they just about stripped the thing bare, memory, cheap motherboard added, etc etc. Cost me 5000 to get another place to put it back the way it was when I took it in. Ive been told they do it all the time, and change thier name every 6 months or so.

I took my putor to a repairs place Tucom, 3rd floor, up the elevator, right and then left, straight ahead, on the right, they just about stripped the thing bare, memory, cheap motherboard added, etc etc. Cost me 5000 to get another place to put it back the way it was when I took it in. Ive been told they do it all the time, and change thier name every 6 months or so.

Which shop was this? It would be helpful if you had the name as Tukcom is full of computer repair shops.

I've always gone to Pattaya2u and never had any problems... I haven't had to get a computer repaired for about a year and a half though, as the computer I bought from Pattaya2u 1.5 years ago is still running perfectly, best computer Ive ever had.

Which shop was this? It would be helpful if you had the name as Tukcom is full of computer repair shops.

I've always gone to Pattaya2u and never had any problems... I haven't had to get a computer repaired for about a year and a half though, as the computer I bought from Pattaya2u 1.5 years ago is still running perfectly, best computer Ive ever had.

I agree Pattaya 2u Has been there since Tukcom opened,I have bought many components there and always had good service,I also have mates who have bought computers there on my recomendation and never had any complaints Give them a try and i am sure you will not be disapointed.

Do what I am going to do with another shop at Tukcom. This is the advise of a friend of mine, she is tax inspector in Bangkok:

1) Ask for an official receipt showing VAT or at least their company's address. A namecard stapled to the receipt is NOT enough!! If the shop refuses to give you one (and at Tukcom you have a 90% chance that they will) you proceed to step

2) Write a letter to the Revenue Department complaining about the shop

They will heat up the hel_l for the shop... :)

i agree ,never any problems in 3 years.

Do what I am going to do with another shop at Tukcom. This is the advise of a friend of mine, she is tax inspector in Bangkok:

1) Ask for an official receipt showing VAT or at least their company's address. A namecard stapled to the receipt is NOT enough!! If the shop refuses to give you one (and at Tukcom you have a 90% chance that they will) you proceed to step

2) Write a letter to the Revenue Department complaining about the shop

They will heat up the hel_l for the shop... :)

When you say "an official receipt showing vat" do you mean the VAT calculation on the purchase price or the VAT registration no: that the shop should have on their receipts if they're VAT registered?

Although they could claim to not be registered due to lower than the threshold required of revenue, if that is the case the revenue dept would have to see their end of year accounts in order to calculate whether they have brocken the law.

Nowing Thailand, all it would take is an accountant to make up a balance sheet showing a low revenue turnover and they wouldn't need to be Vat regd.

I would think that most of these stalls in Tuk-com are no different to the market traders that only deal in cash so everything can be manipulated to suit the figures that are required.

I wouldn't think that many cash only stalls would pay VAT and probably no income tax either in Thailand, with a shrewd accountant they'll get away with it too!

Probably true. The VAT threshold is 1.8 million Baht of turnover/year, stay under that and you're clear.

Then again the tax man would probably say that at the low profit margin on pc parts, and turn over of less then 1.8 million they couldn't possibly pay the rent! So it'll need to be a pretty shrewd accountant indeed :)

Actually, as I buy most of the stuff under my company name, I like to get VAT bills, and most shops I shop at seem to be having no problems at all giving them. JIB, Hardware House etc...

Pattaya 2u gets my vote also, for a flat fee of 300 THB they will fix any problem, no matter how long it takes them. Parts of course are additional and their parts prices are more than fair.

They once spent two days with my desktop and the problem was a faulty motherboard, a little solder, and three hundred baht later the computer is sitting here 6 months later downloading US TV shows day and night

Probably true. The VAT threshold is 1.8 million Baht of turnover/year, stay under that and you're clear.

Then again the tax man would probably say that at the low profit margin on pc parts, and turn over of less then 1.8 million they couldn't possibly pay the rent! So it'll need to be a pretty shrewd accountant indeed :)

Actually, as I buy most of the stuff under my company name, I like to get VAT bills, and most shops I shop at seem to be having no problems at all giving them. JIB, Hardware House etc...

exactly what my friend from the tax office in Bangkok said! If they start digging and find out that your turnover is well beyond the1.8 Mio you're hooped!

exactly what my friend from the tax office in Bangkok said! If they start digging and find out that your turnover is well beyond the1.8 Mio you're hooped!

I wouldn't hold my breath that they even gonna bother about checking it out.

Pattaya 2u gets my vote also, for a flat fee of 300 THB they will fix any problem, no matter how long it takes them. Parts of course are additional and their parts prices are more than fair.

They once spent two days with my desktop and the problem was a faulty motherboard, a little solder, and three hundred baht later the computer is sitting here 6 months later downloading US TV shows day and night

Where is Pattaya2u ?

Pattaya 2 u

3rd floor

from the lift walk out and turn left, walk past the stairs to the end of the building turn right, in the next corner.

Neon sign .....................PATTAYA 2 U!!

Best service in town IMHO

Pattaya 2u has got my vote. Last repair 2 &1/2 years ago . He set me up with a Norton backup program for free & 9 other freebies & only had to revert 1 time back to the original reformat due to a mistake I made!

Kae is the long haired gentleman & is a very knowledgeable tech! That to if you decide on an upgrade on your computer if you tell him your on a budget he will put you together with a killer system much cheaper than most places in Tuk Com if you walk in. I used to use Hardware house but they no longer are good to me about warranties(7 days into purchase).And they give you free refreshments while you are there.Hard to find anthing Free in Patts!

I've always gone to Pattaya2u and never had any problems...

I went to them for years but a few months ago I caught one of the boys stick a drive into my USB. He was just supposed to be looking at something, no need to install anything, so I asked him what he was doing and he said nothing and removed the drive and put it in his pocket.

Already being a victim to identity theft, I went home and was cautious but noticed right away that my computer was sluggish and not acting normal. I updated all my mal, spy and virus protection as well as got a program to do a root kit scan to check for key loggers. Sure as sh*t I had a key logger called PC spy. I was freaking livid but kept my cool and went back to the shop where it turned into the usual Thai monkey business with no end result and total denial.

Prior to this, I never had a problem there. But now... I woudl warn everyone to keep an eye on their computers at ALL times when going into ANY shop in Thailand.

For those of you who don't know what a "key logger" is, it's software that is put on and records EVERY MOVEMENT you make on your computer and then sends that data to the person who installed it. They will get your passwords, bank codes, you name it. Be careful!!!!!!!!

I do think this is just a rouge employee working there but he is still there none the less.

Edited by Tokay