Marco's French Restaurant

gatorhead333

marcos french restaurant has wonderful food at very low cost located on loy crow. cooked by a french guy named Marco ..each dish is very special . i love this place and would say it is the best deal with the best food in CM . small place so it fills up quick. I like the fact that the owner marco cooks each dish and takes pride in what he does ... it is killer food ,at killer prices.. obviously a lot of clients are french but even so ....the place still is all time favorite..very ,very healthy southern france food...presented so well.. his dishes are art!! anybody eat there other than me?? what do you guys think of Marcos on loy crow ??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco, your restaurant is wonderful and you are too: I am a neighbour and possibly a competitor of Marco's but, you really can't fault what he does. Good food at reasonable prices! And Marco's personality is second to none!!!

Unfortunately whatever site Marco posts on his wonderful French vowels shine through every attempt to disguise it and pretend its a genuine post!!!

I know gatorhead333, and he is not Marco and probably does not even know him. Gator-man is a successful businessman - nothing to do with food or drink - and a genuine fan of Marco's place with no financial interest what-so-ever. HE LIKES THE FOOD! :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Is that the guy that has sold the bread on walking street? I bought a loaf from him and I think he said the bread was available at Marcos. The best French bread I have tasted in C.M.

Address? Google Map? Would like to visit. :)

hey , the guy saying he is possible competitor ... he wishes , maybe in the next life.. this marco is a master chef ,the food is out of this world so to think you can compete is laughable.. how pompous to think you are a competitor , to compete you have to be in same leaugue and since we know there is no good food only common basic same same on loy crow other than Marcos.. ... secondly marco is french speaks french his english is basic at best so to imply i am marco..... it seems you are just barking at the wind

and finally marco is open for lunch and stays open sometimes to12:00 midnight-1:00a.m. cooking the finest ,most wonderful southern french food in the world closing only on sundays .. so he is too busy to even think about thai visa .com ... and being french would not bother anyway.

he is too busy turning out the best southern french food in the world.. not chiang mai, not thailand... the world! I have taken friends from aspen there from california from qatar ,,, everybody was amazed,in disbelief that such fine food so cheap could exist here.

i get out of there for 200-300 baht tops, tip the beautiful waitresses 50-100 baht. did i say beautiful waitresses .

hey you wish you had wonderful food like marcos but you certainly do not. impossible ....but maybe in the next life but probally not....

Marco, your restaurant is wonderful and you are too: I am a neighbour and possibly a competitor of Marco's but, you really can't fault what he does. Good food at reasonable prices! And Marco's personality is second to none!!!

Unfortunately whatever site Marco posts on his wonderful French vowels shine through every attempt to disguise it and pretend its a genuine post!!!

Never tried his place but heard good things.

I have met Marco, outside spicy what a <deleted>, full of himself and thinks he owns chaing mai, lucky I did not knock him out right there and then.

Best place for him in a kitchen

Edited by FarangCravings

Good food at reasonable prices! And Marco's personality is second to none!!! spudly u right on this part of your post .... but dead wrong to think or even dream you could possibly have food in the Marco ballpark....if in fact you really have anything to do with food to begin with many people it seems post stuff on thai visa not really knowing anything ,just like to post....

but dream on ,dream on.... dream as far as wishing you could possibly compete with fine southern french food at Marcos....

hey , the guy saying he is possible competitor ... he wishes , maybe in the next life.. this marco is a master chef ,the food is out of this world so to think you can compete is laughable.. how pompous to think you are a competitor , to compete you have to be in same leaugue and since we know there is no good food only common basic same same on loy crow other than Marcos.. ... secondly marco is french speaks french his english is basic at best so to imply i am marco..... it seems you are just barking at the wind

and finally marco is open for lunch and stays open sometimes to12:00 midnight-1:00a.m. cooking the finest ,most wonderful southern french food in the world closing only on sundays .. so he is too busy to even think about thai visa .com ... and being french would not bother anyway.

he is too busy turning out the best southern french food in the world.. not chiang mai, not thailand... the world! I have taken friends from aspen there from california from qatar ,,, everybody was amazed,in disbelief that such fine food so cheap could exist here.

i get out of there for 200-300 baht tops, tip the beautiful waitresses 50-100 baht. did i say beautiful waitresses .

hey you wish you had wonderful food like marcos but you certainly do not. impossible ....but maybe in the next life but probally not....

Wow you really love him I mean really really love him :):D and a great additional advert

Well come on mods this is BLATANT advertising and against forum rules do what needs to be done

Good food at reasonable prices! And Marco's personality is second to none!!! spudly u right on this part of your post .... but dead wrong to think or even dream you could possibly have food in the Marco ballpark....if in fact you really have anything to do with food to begin with many people it seems post stuff on thai visa not really knowing anything ,just like to post....

but dream on ,dream on.... dream as far as wishing you could possibly compete with fine southern french food at Marcos....

Yet another advert this becoming a right joke

what a <deleted>...?? to u what a no class peasant!!

so you always want to "knock people out right there and then??full of hate ...? huh?? CM needs less of your kind...seek help or go home where your aggresive sick nature will be more in tune and accepted.. marco is the most pleasant french guy i have ever met so i take offence to this red neck B.S.post... but his english is basic if drunk maybe a bit confused...

Edited by gatorhead333

Never tried his place but heard good things.

I have met Marco, outside spicy what a <deleted>, full of himself and thinks he owns chaing mai, lucky I did not knock him out right there and then.

Best place for him in a kitchen

Well he IS French in'he? Par for the course. :) Besides I'd be looking for someone to make me some food, not chat in front of a derelict nightlife hel_l hole. I know of cuter people to do that with. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

:)

what a <deleted>...?? to u what a no class peasant!!

so you always want to "knock people out right there and then??full of hate ...? huh?? CM needs less of your kind... <deleted> master .seek help or go home where your agresive sick nature will be more in tune and accepted..

:D LOL I am afraid it was your love Marco who was the violent one wanting to start a fight I restrained myself, just wanted to but since i am a mild mannered man I chose non violence nothing to do with his language he stuck his nose in what was non of his business thinking he was the king of chaing mai

the more you post the more you sound a little unstable you do not know me yet call me a no class peasant Hmmm because I posted my experince with your marco well my frined his food might be wonderful as you say but he is still a <deleted>

Edited by FarangCravings

This is flagrant boot-licking!!! :) Edited by thetitan99

I keep having lousy dinners at different restaurants and I always find myself thinking how much cheaper and better the food is at the Marco's. We really are lucky to have him in Chiang Mai.

The Miele Guide is having a public voting for the best restaurants in Asia. Marco's deserves to be a winner. Public voting for The Miele Guide 2009/2010 edition has opened and will last until 24 May 2009. Cast your votes for The Marco's at WWW.MIELEGUIDE.COM. Every vote makes a difference. To thank you for your participation, the guide is offering each voter the chance to win one of three exclusive sets of Zwiesel 1872 crytal glassware (each with a value of up to US$2,100). By the way, you have to write in Marco's. Show Marco we appreciate his efforts.

Let's shoot for TWO Chiang Mai restaurants in the Miele Guide! :)

Wow you really love him I mean really really love him :):D and a great additional advert

Well come on mods this is BLATANT advertising and against forum rules do what needs to be done

I disagree; this is a very useful public information thread. I now know about a restaurant run by a Frenchman called Marco who, Judging by the evidence on this thread, has the biggest head in Chiang Mai and surrounds himself with an equally obnoxious clientele. I don't care what the food tastes like; it sounds to me like a reccomendation to avoid the place like a dose of H1N1 virus. :D

Talking of French Food, anyone tried the new Xanadu place on the roof of Hillside 5, or whatever its grandiose new name is? Apparently its full of Hiso Thais - guess you don't see to many of them in Marco's :D

I keep having lousy dinners at different restaurants and I always find myself thinking how much cheaper and better the food is at the Marco's. We really are lucky to have him in Chiang Mai.

The Miele Guide is having a public voting for the best restaurants in Asia. Marco's deserves to be a winner. Public voting for The Miele Guide 2009/2010 edition has opened and will last until 24 May 2009. Cast your votes for The Marco's at WWW.MIELEGUIDE.COM. Every vote makes a difference. To thank you for your participation, the guide is offering each voter the chance to win one of three exclusive sets of Zwiesel 1872 crytal glassware (each with a value of up to US$2,100). By the way, you have to write in Marco's. Show Marco we appreciate his efforts.

Let's shoot for TWO Chiang Mai restaurants in the Miele Guide! :)

And the other one ? :D

Some people read these posts, take it all seriously and then go around saying Thai Visa is full of tossers!!! How dare they!!

They don't understand that these posts aren't for real - it's a spoof -  they're just having a bit of fun. Aren't they?

Just like the (in)famous 'Free Water' thread, nobody really cared  - they were just playing along!! :)