Etihad Very Competive Prices ,are They Any Good ?

Hi there

I am in the UK and looking to come to Thailand for a 3 week break next March, although this is flexible. I cannot find any of these sub £400 prices that are being quoted. I have looked on netflights, and kayak, and the Ethiad website.

I have also checked out Jet Airways, but their price was around £530 - no where near the £240 noted above.

Are these lower prices only available if you are returning a year later?

I have never managed to find these bargain flights - not quite sure what I am doing wrong??

With regards to Ethiad I have used them on a number of occassions, and have been pretty impressed with them. I have also used Emirates, and for my money Ethiad had the edge, slightly. Although it was a couple of years back that I last used Ethiad. Emirates stung me quite badly once, over 4000 baht for being 3kg over the 20k limit. A lesson learned there!!!

As a previous poster, I am limited to those flights with stopovers, as I live near Manchester, and hence Manchester Airport is the most convenient.

Any advice, hints tips or recommendations on getting those bargain flights gratefully received.

Cheers

:)

As your booking is so far away in time most airlines have not purchased their fuel for that period so will not give discount prices for an oil price that they do not know what it will be,you will either have to gamble on oil remaining stable & book maybe 6 months away or book now at around £500 which is still an excellent price as only 10 months ago they were nearly double that.

Note the oil price as risen $20 in the last 6 weeks from below $40 a barrel its settled today at $56 but as gone over the $60 mark.

I to am from Manchester but do consider offers from Gatwick & Heathrow as National express can get you there return for around £60.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One gripe is the time between meal sevice.

I did on on occasion get the morning flight out of Bkk 1 hr into the flight B/feast was served that was Ok

After a 6 hr flight Landed at Abu Dubi 2 Hrs wait for the Connection to Manchester

Then 1 Hr into the Manchester leg Bar service when I could have Murderd the Main meal.

over 8 Hrs No food service. Surely bar service would have been better AFTER the Meal

Flight 1 Are you paying attention.

Plus I did ask for another bread roll that took a good 20 mins to come

I Know you will say the attendents would have been busy, I did ask when All the meals had been served.

I was so hungry at this point I asked the pssanger to my side who did not want his bread roll if I could have it.

He obliged so I did get Two Eventualy. I only Weigh 58 Kilos and do not consume vast amounts, Never the less I was Starving.

Maybe if they were to Offer a free Coffee and sandwich at A.D That would cost Ethiad very little most travelers do not have local Curency and for a small purchase it is just not worth it to change money.

Even if Ethiad offered this at a small extra cost it would make the short stopover easier.

Other than that I would give Ethiad 8 out of 10.

Actually I agree with you. I've heard this complaint numerous times working the morning flight out of BKK. Breakfast is basically served right away after takeoff with coffee/tea and bar service following. Drinks are offered during the rest of the flight to AUH with a snack before arrival. The snack is Hagen Daaz ice cream. This is fine if your journey is finishing in AUH but if continuing on as at least 60pct of the passengers are it makes for a long time between meals, as you will have at least 2 hour layover at airport before continuing on and another hour at least before the next meal is served.

As far as asking for an extra bread roll, welll we just don't have extra really as they are put on the tray in catering and not by us. Basically when asked for an extra bread roll we take from another meal if there are any extra meals on board. Generally we have at least 3 extra meals in economy or we take the bread roll off the crew meal tray as they put meals on board for us. It's normally not a problem as a lot of people refuse meals anyway and the crew rarely eat the meals as we bring our own on board! So don't be shy if you want another meal ask for one and if we have we will gladly give to you.

I've suggested light sandwiches be available before landing as we do in business class and from responses I've received back this may happen in the near future. In the meantime upon arrival in AUH go downstairs and get a sandwich and coffee at the cafe and you can use your debit or credit card and the price is not so bad. The cafe upstairs is generally crowded but downstairs there is always a seat.

If you fly 2 round trips you should become silver and then you can use the lounge at every airport even when transiting. The lounge at AUH while crowded has good food and alcohol on offer.

I am in the UK and looking to come to Thailand for a 3 week break next March, although this is flexible.

March 2010?

Promotion will be out around Jan 15, 2010.

I booked March 2009 early Jan 2009 and had been checking rates since Oct 2008.

Will need to travel late Sept this year, waiting, promotion running now for May/June.

Thank you Flight Crew1 I was not aware that I could use my C/C at the Cafe. Maybe I should have checked

Now I Know I will certainly make use of that Facility

My Next flight out will be Evening with my Family so they may want a snack Thanks again Good Info

I would choose ANY of the Gulf based airlines over the Thai/BA carve up. The difference between Emirates and Ethiad on the aircraft is unnoticeable.

The Emirates check in staff at Manchester are more flexible they even let my 32kg luggage go through with no issues Etihad wanted money :D

On my last flight into Bangkok the hostess gave me a bag full of the little spirits & a few cans very friendly staff.

Any one have a price better than £347 barring in mind the 12 month ticket length allowed.

Is the quoted price including taxes fuel surcharge? are the tickets changeable for date/flight?

have found many many prices £375 up to £475 for one week to 3 month return flights from many airlines

price can vary up to £100 due to day of the week

me I try to fly on a tuesday or thursday and come back on a sunday

flown Etihad Emirates Thai BA and many others

rate both the UAE based airlines very good

one of the cheapest I've used is JET air from India

word of warning do NOT repeat do NOT fly with these people

did once never ever again arrogant ignorant crew :) stropy racist passengers :D

crap food (and I really like Indian food) no in flight entertainment

planes look like crap only noticed when I got off otherwise would NOT have got on Night flight so did not see A/C condition

every one yakking full blast full volume jesus never again

I saved £199 wish I hadn't but it was the only seat before Xmas I could get

after this I am very happy to fly Etihad or Emirates :D

I would choose ANY of the Gulf based airlines over the Thai/BA carve up. The difference between Emirates and Ethiad on the aircraft is unnoticeable.

The Emirates check in staff at Manchester are more flexible they even let my 32kg luggage go through with no issues Etihad wanted money :D

On my last flight into Bangkok the hostess gave me a bag full of the little spirits & a few cans very friendly staff.

Any one have a price better than £347 barring in mind the 12 month ticket length allowed.

Is the quoted price including taxes fuel surcharge? are the tickets changeable for date/flight?

have found many many prices £375 up to £475 for one week to 3 month return flights from many airlines

price can vary up to £100 due to day of the week

me I try to fly on a tuesday or thursday and come back on a sunday

flown Etihad Emirates Thai BA and many others

rate both the UAE based airlines very good

one of the cheapest I've used is JET air from India

word of warning do NOT repeat do NOT fly with these people

did once never ever again arrogant ignorant crew :) stropy racist passengers :D

crap food (and I really like Indian food) no in flight entertainment

planes look like crap only noticed when I got off otherwise would NOT have got on Night flight so did not see A/C condition

every one yakking full blast full volume jesus never again

I saved £199 wish I hadn't but it was the only seat before Xmas I could get

after this I am very happy to fly Etihad or Emirates :D

Yes for £75 you can change the dates you picked, tax etc included,its maximum validation is 1 year take a look at the fare conditions in this link

NOTE the price as gone up to £406 since i did mine sorry.

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/destina...d=434991#434991

Remember to register with their new double points offer for economy with skywards this works out around 3 round trips & you qualify for a freebie

Edited by Mali1964

hi,

i dont mind etihad flew with them a couple of times, the little entertainment suite thing in the seat is good fun, although one time flying from bkk - uk there was a serious lack of water given out and me and my friends had to ask for it constantly, not a good experience that time, but on the whole pretty good

OOOOOOOOOOOPS !

Not new, but reckon many do not know, or are aware of the mentally challenged personal in Arab States.

Unfortunately, the pix did not work with copy paste.

Read story first, then try this....

http://airlineworld.wordpress.com/2007/11/26/etihad-airbus-crash-pictures/

This brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest

passenger airplane ever built, sits just outside its hangar

in Toulouse , France without a single hour of airtime.

Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies

(ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as

engine run-ups prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area.

Then they took all Four engines to takeoff power with a

virtually empty aircraft. Not having Read the run-up

manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty

A340-600 Really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit

because they had All 4 engines at full power.

The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off,

but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.)

Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit

breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the Brakes

and set the aircraft rocketing forward.

The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature

so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough

to throttle back the engines from their max power setting,

so the $200 million brand-new Aircraft crashed into a blast

barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown due to the

news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere.

Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Muslim Arabs.

Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

Airbus $200 million aircraft meets retaining wall and the wall wins.

pict0012.thumbnail.jpg pict0007.thumbnail.jpg More pix at the earlier mentioned site, all enlargeable withh usual click.

If this had been, BA, Qantas, Thai or any western airline, the news would have been front page top on news on telly.

Hi

Don't you just feel for those sensitive camel jockeys! :)

TBWG :D

OOOOOOOOOOOPS !

Not new, but reckon many do not know, or are aware of the mentally challenged personal in Arab States.

Unfortunately, the pix did not work with copy paste.

Read story first, then try this....

http://airlineworld.wordpress.com/2007/11/26/etihad-airbus-crash-pictures/

This brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest

passenger airplane ever built, sits just outside its hangar

in Toulouse , France without a single hour of airtime.

Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies

(ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as

engine run-ups prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area.

Then they took all Four engines to takeoff power with a

virtually empty aircraft. Not having Read the run-up

manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty

A340-600 Really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit

because they had All 4 engines at full power.

The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off,

but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.)

Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit

breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the Brakes

and set the aircraft rocketing forward.

The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature

so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough

to throttle back the engines from their max power setting,

so the $200 million brand-new Aircraft crashed into a blast

barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown due to the

news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere.

Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Muslim Arabs.

Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

Airbus $200 million aircraft meets retaining wall and the wall wins.

pict0012.thumbnail.jpg pict0007.thumbnail.jpg More pix at the earlier mentioned site, all enlargeable withh usual click.

If this had been, BA, Qantas, Thai or any western airline, the news would have been front page top on news on telly.

Hi

Don't you just feel for those sensitive camel jockeys! :)

TBWG :D

No, but I do feel sorry for the gullible fools who perpetuate this sort of racist nonsense without bothering to check it's veracity :D

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/etihad.asp

Of the few times when I have a had a complaint, all very minor cry-baby things, it has been quickly rectified by either the ground staff or the cabin crew to the best of their limitations. I have only seen one worthless crew member, was a whiny Lebenese cabin manager, flight was delayed by a VIP flight (Head of State) and the flightline was closed for 45 minutes in AUH. I filed a complaint about her unprofessional conduct in front of passengers, she was removed from flying status. :D

Are you proud that your complaint cost her job over an event she had absolutely no control over??

Did it make your day and boost your ego that you are so VERY important that you can have someone fired just because you didn't like her attitude???

YOU are the fukkin' 'cry-baby' and an arrogant azzhole also... :)

Etihad have a lot of British and Australian pilots, and that can't be bad.

Of the few times when I have a had a complaint, all very minor cry-baby things, it has been quickly rectified by either the ground staff or the cabin crew to the best of their limitations. I have only seen one worthless crew member, was a whiny Lebenese cabin manager, flight was delayed by a VIP flight (Head of State) and the flightline was closed for 45 minutes in AUH. I filed a complaint about her unprofessional conduct in front of passengers, she was removed from flying status. :D

Are you proud that your complaint cost her job over an event she had absolutely no control over??

Did it make your day and boost your ego that you are so VERY important that you can have someone fired just because you didn't like her attitude???

Working for Etihad I seriously doubt she was fired. If we got fired every time some passenger complained there would be no flight crew left. It would have to be something serious and be documented and verified by other crew and passengers. Just because a passenger does not like the attitude of a crew member is not good enough.

flightcrew1,

Could you tell me if Etihad offer their Biz class customers limousine transfers at LHR? If so how much free milage is allowed and can the transfer be booked at your BKK office(I am considering flying one way BKK-LHR) or should I call the Etihad UK office?

Many thanks.

I have flown UK to Thailand more times than I can remember I have had frequent flyer gold cards with a few different airlines.

Imo whilst travelling with Etihad as a Silver card or lower member I have been treated better than when tavelling with Emirates as a gold member.

Etihad have more comfortable planes, better staff, Abu Dhabi airport is easier to pass through ( the horrendous security check queues at Dubai are unbelievable), lounge accesss is great.

I am just sorry that everybody wil be using them now :):D

• 3 weeks later...
I have only ever used Ethiad. And on the whole have found it a good experiance. Bkk - Man

One gripe is the time between meal sevice.

I did on on occasion get the morning flight out of Bkk 1 hr into the flight B/feast was served that was Ok

After a 6 hr flight Landed at Abu Dubi 2 Hrs wait for the Connection to Manchester

Then 1 Hr into the Manchester leg Bar service when I could have Murderd the Main meal.

over 8 Hrs No food service. Surely bar service would have been better AFTER the Meal

Flight 1 Are you paying attention.

Plus I did ask for another bread roll that took a good 20 mins to come

I Know you will say the attendents would have been busy, I did ask when All the meals had been served.

I was so hungry at this point I asked the pssanger to my side who did not want his bread roll if I could have it.

He obliged so I did get Two Eventualy. I only Weigh 58 Kilos and do not consume vast amounts, Never the less I was Starving.

Maybe if they were to Offer a free Coffee and sandwich at A.D That would cost Ethiad very little most travelers do not have local Curency and for a small purchase it is just not worth it to change money.

Even if Ethiad offered this at a small extra cost it would make the short stopover easier.

Other than that I would give Ethiad 8 out of 10.

i have never heard of an airline supplying 'free' food for it's passengers on a layover (unless you fly business or first class - where you can eat in the airport lounge). don't you think that's a bit excessive for a transport carrier?? i have been travelling for many years and have used many airlines, and not once did i think of relying on an airline for food. i always pack a bit of food for myself - maybe you should do that next time? everyone has different feeding needs and i don't see how an airline should be responsible for your specific feeding needs. you are obviously very tight as you don't want to change a bit of money for some food and a drink. how is that the airlines fault? when i arrive at an airport for a layover, if i'm hungry, i buy myself something to eat. i would never think of waiting for the next meal on my next flight. that's not very wise as you may be waiting for quite some time plus you have to always consider a delay. maybe this is something else to consider next time you travel.

also, i can't believe you asked the passanger next to you for their bread. aren't you embarrassed?

Edited by sanyaboy